Seat speaker blown?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Seat speaker blown? in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Has anybody else had issues with their inseat speakers next to the headrest? I've only had my xts a week ...
    brock123 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): escalade

Seat speaker blown?

Has anybody else had issues with their inseat speakers next to the headrest? I've only had my xts a week and i noticed it two days in. It's especially noticible during talk radio when their isn't low end to drown it out. Wondering if its a widespread problem or just unlucky?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: Seat speaker blown?

I'm sorry to hear you've been experiencing this, brock123! If you would like any assistance working with your dealer to resolve this concern, email me anytime at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert. I'm always happy to contact your dealer on your behalf and explore your next best steps with you.

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

CoffeeCan is offline Cadillac Owners Member

There is a repair for this and GM is aware, has issued a bulletin to its dealers also. Ours is sending a repair kit that consists of a screw according to the service writer. The loaner car I drove yesterday also had the problem but in the other seat. Also had the headlights adjusted as I was getting oncoming car attention too often.

Caddy Daddy.com is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS Platinium 4WD 2003 EXT
    Quote Originally Posted by brock123
    Has anybody else had issues with their inseat speakers next to the headrest? I've only had my xts a week and i noticed it two days in. It's especially noticible during talk radio when their isn't low end to drown it out. Wondering if its a widespread problem or just unlucky?
    Mine has a vibrating noise sometimes. Certain music mostly on XM. I do have my bass set a little up and treble close to high. Daddy

longslim is offline Cadillac Owners Member

My issue is with the rear speaker volume. I had couple in the car and they both said rear speaker are very muddy. They also said the bass was over powering. I tried adjust to the treble, bass and balance but no real difference. I had never ridden in the back seat, since we got the car so I had no idea sound quality was bad. I have the luxury model so maybe the eight speaker placement has something to do with it. Does anyone know the placement for the speakers and if possible could I upgrade them?

Caddymania is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    I have a Platinum edition and have distortion problems from one or more speakers. It's not consistent. I haven't been able to pinpoint exactly which speaker, although it seems like it's coming from behind me. I'm hesitant to take it in for this until I have isolated the problem and can reproduce it on demand.

cblove is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 BMW 535ix M Sport & 2010 Escalade

I have not checked but most stereos allow you to change which speakers the sound eminates from.
    Have you tried that to isolate the faulty speaker?

Quote Originally Posted by cblove
    I have not checked but most stereos allow you to change which speakers the sound eminates from.
    Have you tried that to isolate the faulty speaker?
    I spent some time today moving the sound from left to right and front to back on a talk station, where the distortion is much more apparent. I did isolate the problem and it is both of the speakers in the top of driver's seat. That issue was described earlier in this thread. Now all I need is the service bulletin number. Anyone?

stlxts is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    I have same problem. Seems to involve 3 of 4 speakers. Anyone taken there's in for this.

I am taking my xts in Monday for the 1st oil change and 5 cue updates. When I drop it off I will have
    them research recalls. They need it for a full day for the cue updates and they are providing a loaner.

I registered the vehicle by vin with my.cadillac.com and the only recall was the rear headrests.
    There was no recall on my vin for door handles or speakers. The last login was a few moments ago.

Caddy Daddy.com is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS Platinium 4WD 2003 EXT
    Quote Originally Posted by cblove
    I am taking my xts in Monday for the 1st oil change and 5 cue updates. When I drop it off I will have
    them research recalls. They need it for a full day for the cue updates and they are providing a loaner.

I registered the vehicle by vin with my.cadillac.com and the only recall was the rear headrests. My last login was a few moments ago.
    I was in the car audio business for years. 1st guess is wrong crossover letting too much bass to buzz speaker. DADDY

Quote Originally Posted by Caddy Daddy.com View Post
    I was in the car audio business for years. 1st guess is wrong crossover letting too much bass to buzz speaker. DADDY
    I have not noticed a speaker problem or door handle problem. I checked the doors and speakers.
    Doors handles are good and unless my hearing is poor, the speakers seem fine as well.

Pjazz is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 STS 1SG V8 RWD

I've noticed sometimes a bad audio source or recording can cause distortion.

jeffpaletz is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

That's true. When testing speakers use a high quality audio source. XM is not high quality because they limit the bandwidth available to each channel. News and talk channels are the worst. Music is just fair. A good FM station sounds much better than XM. CDs offer the best sound quality and are the best way to test your speakers.

I'm not convinced it is just the quality of the audio source. I have had the high-end bose systems on the past four cars, deville touring sedans (before the alphabet soup) and STSes. I never had this problem before with any audio source. And on the XTS I have it on every source at times. Some sources and types of stations are worse than others. I have not tried a CD, however. I use the lossless format on my iPod. The dealership tried changing the speakers on the driver's seat, but this did not resolve the problem so they changed them back.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.