Seat speaker blown? - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Seat speaker blown? in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Update: After having campaign 13004 (replace driver and passenger seat speaker screws and bezel), I noticed today while on a ...
    cblove is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 BMW 535ix M Sport & 2010 Escalade

Re: Seat speaker blown?

Update:

After having campaign 13004 (replace driver and passenger seat speaker screws and bezel), I noticed today while on a talk radio station the dreaded buzz. I called the dealership and they informed me that they had heard from others that campaign 13004 did not fix the issue. Forner Benz, did the speaker replacement fix the issue. If so, I will press for that.

Dealership called to tell me another xts is coming in and they are replacing all 4 speakers. If that solves the problem, they will order new speakers for me.

CoffeeCan is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Does anyone have a success story for this thread. I am on attempt number 4 to correct this issue and it is like talking to a four year old when dealing with GM. I will leave it at that.

Took the XTS to a second dealer on Monday and they called today with a theory that the dreaded seat buzz is being caused by rear window tinting done by the dealer that sold us the car. I wasn't even aware that we had tint on the rear window. Service writer states that the antenna is in the rear window glass and that the tint is responsible for the seat speaker buzz. If he is correct, and I hope he is, maybe we have the issue solved for all affected. I'm not making this up either. Now if I can simply get the original dealer to remove the tinting. Fingers and toes crossed.

Caddy Daddy.com is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS Platinium 4WD 2003 EXT
    Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeCan
    Took the XTS to a second dealer on Monday and they called today with a theory that the dreaded seat buzz is being caused by rear window tinting done by the dealer that sold us the car. I wasn't even aware that we had tint on the rear window. Service writer states that the antenna is in the rear window glass and that the tint is responsible for the seat speaker buzz. If he is correct, and I hope he is, maybe we have the issue solved for all affected. I'm not making this up either. Now if I can simply get the original dealer to remove the tinting. Fingers and toes crossed.
    Where do they come up with these ideas? WILD CARD. Daddy

nstar is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 99 Eldo ETC 04 SRX V8 AWD 13 XTS

where's "cadillac cust service" poster!!!

Fifty Five thousand dollars away.

I was told by my service advisor that the xts they replaced the speakers on did not solve the problem. I have already had the campaign done to change the bracket and screws and I still have the buzz during talk shows. Advisor suggested I bring the car in Monday as he believes the speaker or brackets are not seated properly. He wants to have another go at it. I will update when the car is returned.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by cblove View Post
    I was told by my service advisor that the xts they replaced the speakers on did not solve the problem. I have already had the campaign done to change the bracket and screws and I still have the buzz during talk shows. Advisor suggested I bring the car in Monday as he believes the speaker or brackets are not seated properly. He wants to have another go at it. I will update when the car is returned.
    Hello cblove,

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your speakers. Update us after your dealership visit! If you have other questions or concerns please let us know.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

Will do Laura.

Dear Laura M.
    IMO...I have delivered my 2013 XTS five times to 2 dealers and the Audio Quality Issue has not been resolved. The dealers have had our car in their bays for 37 days...Date of sale Nov 1, 2013. I have driven loaner cars that I would not let my wife drive. If I were you I would look over my resume as you may be thrown under the bus next.

----------

Date of sale Nov 1 2012...

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeCan View Post
    Dear Laura M.
    IMO...I have delivered my 2013 XTS five times to 2 dealers and the Audio Quality Issue has not been resolved. The dealers have had our car in their bays for 37 days...Date of sale Nov 1, 2013. I have driven loaner cars that I would not let my wife drive. If I were you I would look over my resume as you may be thrown under the bus next.

----------

Date of sale Nov 1 2012...
    Hello CoffeeCan,

I am sorry for the issues at the dealer you have been experiencing. I understand how this can be frustrating with such a new vehicle. I would like to hear more about this and discuss your concerns. If you private message me, we can further discuss everything. Please include the name of both dealerships and their location, your contact information (full name, address, Email, phone number) and VIN.

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

Bejaip, If you have read the entire post this might shed some light on your subwoofer rattle. Unfortunately your chances of a resolution are slim as no one has posted a resolution with the assistance of General Motors to date. Hope this helps...

Bejaip is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTS

I see that coffecan maybe its just me. But it sounds like when you pull up to a car with a loud sound system with huge subs that makes the trunk rattle. maybe i am just to picky. But you would think since Cadillac is the flagship car it would have the best quality sound system

Brinkmanship...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.