Seat speaker blown? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Seat speaker blown? in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by Caddymania I'm not convinced it is just the quality of the audio source. I have had the ...
    Caddy Daddy.com is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS Platinium 4WD 2003 EXT
    Quote Originally Posted by Caddymania
    I'm not convinced it is just the quality of the audio source. I have had the high-end bose systems on the past four cars, deville touring sedans (before the alphabet soup) and STSes. I never had this problem before with any audio source. And on the XTS I have it on every source at times. Some sources and types of stations are worse than others. I have not tried a CD, however. I use the lossless format on my iPod. The dealership tried changing the speakers on the driver's seat, but this did not resolve the problem so they changed them back.
    It is not just the audio source. I have great hearing and for many years helped educated car stereo customers what ignore end audio was all about. Cadillac must figure this one out. Daddy

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Caddy Daddy.com

It is not just the audio source. I have great hearing and for many years helped educated car stereo customers what ignore end audio was all about. Cadillac must figure this one out. Daddy
    I must figure out how to edit. What I was trying to say was educated high end car stereo customers what great sound was all about.

CoffeeCan is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Seat speaker blown?

There is an issue and GM will need to step up to the plate on this one. It is not something that can be addressed through a satelite. If they need our help we are here.....

longslim is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Went to dealership for some recall item today. I had them look at the rear speaker and why the sound was so bad. They agree it was bad and even went to another XTS to verify if it was just my car. Well they said we are not able to repair or correct the issue and your just sool. The sub woofer is over powering the rear speaker and all you hear is a low rumble. The rear has almost no sound quality at all what a joke for a $50k car to have such bad audio quality. I've had the car over five months and if my kids weren't riding back there and told me I'd never known about the problem. I escalate a case with customer care hopefully we get a fix or repair for this issue.

stlxts is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Sitting in back right now. Stereo sound all from front. Is thus because there are no speakers behind me. Glad no one sits here regularly. Sound good fort front two seats. Buzz from seat speakers at times when there its talk.

----------

Sitting in back right now. Stereo sound all from front. Is thus because there are no speakers behind me. Glad no one sits here regularly. Sound good fort front two seats. Buzz from seat speakers at times when there its talk only.

Our Friendly Dealer confirmed that they had detected a defect in our seat speakers at the first scheduled service so we are excited to see the promised repair next week when we return our daily driver for its 14,000 mile service. Thats alot of reverb when your listening to Rush...
    longslim and longslim like this.

Caddymania is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Please let us know what solution the dealer is doing. Mine changed the speakers, but that did not solve the problem.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

CoffeeCan, I also am looking forward to your updates! If you would like any assistance working with your dealership, don't hesitate to email me at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com.

Caddymania, I'm on hand to explore your next best steps as well; so, please do get in touch with me anytime if you would like further assistance along the way.

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

longslim is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Which speaker did they change, my dealer want do anything.

snellor is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

I'm getting ready to pick up my new XTS Premium this weekend. Curious about the car build dates for those of you who have experienced this speaker issue. Wondering if I'm in for the same problem, or if it has been corrected on cars with later build dates. I don't know the build date on mine yet, but how would I find that out?

Would be a real bummer if this is a fleetwide issue since the 14 speaker surround sound is one of the main reasons I bought a Premium instead of a Luxury! I have the 15 speaker surround sound on the STS I'm trading in and it rocks!!
    Thanks

Blake is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS, 2003 Escalade

I had the Bose 5.1 on the STS and now I have the 14 speaker version on XTS and the STS was way better. Really disappointed as it was also a primary reason for the premium upgrade. Like many others getting the buzz, really disappointing since one of my favorite commute activities is old time radio on XM which is almost un-listenable. Will see if dealer can fix?
    I figured I paid about $4K extra for adaptive headlights (don’t need), Hud (too distracting-turned it off), Reconfigurable dash (was fun for a week…maybe two), and tri zone climate (not needed). I could have easily gone the luxury with Driver awareness Pkg and Navigation upgrade to CUE and save 4K…but had to have that 14 spkr Bose Sound system…wish I had spent more time with radio on test drive!

Forner Benz is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTS4 PLATINUM

Seat speakers are a known issue... Had my XTS4 Platinum in for other issues, and they replaced all 4 seat speakers... I heard the mild buzzing on talk radio stations, but didn't even bring it in for that. Apparently there is a service bulletin or recall for this issue. Interestingly, they also replaced the actual CUE system, part of another SB/recall.... The only noticeable diference is a new icon for the climate control, but I believe this was a result of a software update, not the new CUE unit.

cblove is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 BMW 535ix M Sport & 2010 Escalade

Recall is #13004. Front seat mounted speaker buzz. Dealership gave me document id 3291720 among
    others when I dropped it off for the cue upgrade.

The bulletin provides a service procedure to replace the fasteners and the bezel for the front seat mounted speakers on certain 2013 model year cadillac XTS that are equipped with front seat mounted speakers
    (UQS). The fasteners may loose clamp load and cause a buzz noise, especially when listening to stations
    with talk radio.

Katie, I believe we need your assistance here. I have not been able to resolve this issue and honestly it hurts your ears...Our dealer had this vehicle for a week and returned the vehicle with promised repairs that did not correct the problem. Very disappointed with the service received this week in Texas... Any assistance would be more than appreciated. Thank you.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeCan View Post
    Katie, I believe we need your assistance here. I have not been able to resolve this issue and honestly it hurts your ears...Our dealer had this vehicle for a week and returned the vehicle with promised repairs that did not correct the problem. Very disappointed with the service received this week in Texas... Any assistance would be more than appreciated. Thank you.
    Coffeecan, I'm so sorry to hear your disappointment has continued. If you would like us to look into the matter further for you, please send me a private message with the last eight of your VIN and we can research your next best steps. If you prefer discussing the matter via the phone, then I urge you to contact my helpful colleagues at our Cadillac Customer Assistance Center for immediate assistance (800-458-8006, open Mon to Sat, 8am to 9pm EST). Having the last eight of your VIN would be very helpful in their investigation as well!

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

Thanks Katie, I sent the message this morning. Looking forward to a possible solution.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.