Cadillac Owners Forum banner

XTS Auto Folding Side Mirrors

78K views 82 replies 42 participants last post by  TopherS 
#1 ·
Does anyone know how to actually make the side mirrors fold automatically? I have the option enabled, however enabled or disabled does not seem to make any difference.

#3 ·
My Platinum doesn't have folding mirrors. But, it does have reverse tilting mirrors, which I had to disable because the passenger side gets stuck when tilting down and doesn't return to the normal position consistently when shifting to drive. I will have the problem looked at when something more substantial needs fixed as well.

#8 ·
Hmmm, just checked out my XTS Premium in the driveway after reading this thread. My vehicle settings menu options stop with "Reverse Tilt Mirror." There is no "Auto Folding Mirror" option on my ride.
I took delivery on 7/10/13, perhaps cars having the Auto Folding Mirror option (whether or not it actually works) are later builds?

Happy New Year

Pete

#11 ·
How the heck did you take delivery 7/10/13? Lol

Seriously though, mine stops at reverse mirror tilt as well. Build date 8/12 plat edition.

I checked the window sticker and it states "power dual outside mirrors adjustable, w/auto dimming.
It states nothing about folding and the sequence described in manual does nothing for my car either.

Did you get a software upgrade by chance and that is why it shows in your cue?

#17 ·
I don't imagine there's much to say. The 2013 XTS absolutely, positively does not have power folding mirrors, period.

Since some people see this feature in the CUE menus, I imagine that it was planned originally but for whatever reason didn't make it into production models. Presumably updates to CUE removed this option.

#23 ·
I find it funny how everyone is now noticing these omissions on the XTS just now. I was asking about why these options were not available back even before the XTS hit the lots. I think they are just saving those for the real flagship that's on its way. I can see the power folding mirrors not being a super popular option but there is no excuse at all for this car not having auto dimming headlights when this option is available on cars much much cheaper. I would tell you to ask Cadillac Customer Service, however you can not expect an intelligent response from anyone in that department so it would be just a waste of time.

#24 ·
DTS Man, I have been told that, in fact, these options were on the pre-production models, hence why they are available options in the user manual, but were pulled from the production models for reasons unknown to us. Someone keeps referring to the XTS not being the flagship model of the Cadillac line. I do not think that is correct. If it is, that is not how it is being sold, nor marketed by the dealerships. I talk quite a bit with the folks at the dealer and what i have been told is that the Cadillac model line up is structured to directly compete with the BMW model line up. 3 series = ATS, 5 series = CTS, and 7 series = XTS. If that is the case, then I think the XTS is, in fact the "flagship" line from Cadillac. Of course, if you have any additional information to share, i would be very interested in what you have. Again, this is all second hand info, and i do not speak for Cadillac, just sharing what i have heard.

#25 ·
The XTS is just a stop-gap for the real flagship that will be out in a few years. While all of this is just speculation and I do not speak for Cadillac either. GM has said many times that there is a bigger better more elegant car in the works. It will be based on a new large platform called the OMEGA which is RWD/AWD based and may have a V8. The XTS sole purpose is to take over for the DTS and also keep the livery companies who make limo's and funeral cars happy. Also the XTS was a easy and fast car to make since the platform was already available. Very few people will agree that the XTS can even slightly compare to a 7-series however it was not meant to either. Back in 2007-08 the XTS was to be the big RWD flagship sedan but when GM fell on hard times that hole idea was canned and the XTS got toned down. I have no doubt at this point that we will see a big flagship that is bigger and better then the XTS but I do not see the new car replacing the XTS as many have said would happen, it will just supplement it and be above it.

#26 ·
#30 ·
Same here with the escalade folding mirrors. I never use the feature.
Yes, we are fortunate enought to be able to buy this amazing car and people are complaining that it doesn't have folding mirrors. I also see that as a useless feature. My wife's SRX has that feature and we never use it. She forgot it has it.
I obviously can't speak for anyone else but I did not buy this car for its "essential" features.

Steve

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.