XTS Auto Folding Side Mirrors - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, XTS Auto Folding Side Mirrors in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I use mine on my DTS everytime I take it to the car wash as per their instructions. Plus I'll ...
    ogbuehi is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1995 Deville, 2011 DTS
    I use mine on my DTS everytime I take it to the car wash as per their instructions. Plus I'll probably use them when I put the car into storage. Nice feature to have in my opinion.

Sweetness is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ogbuehi
    I use mine on my DTS everytime I take it to the car wash as per their instructions. Plus I'll probably use them when I put the car into storage. Nice feature to have in my opinion.
    I miss the folding mirrors a lot, as I had to switch garage stalls with my wife since the XTS doesn't fit in my stall with the mirrors out.

kipsts is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013XTS Platinum, prior: 92,95,97,00,02,and 2005 STS

Re: XTS Auto Folding Side Mirrors

While certainly not as convenient as electronically folding the mirrors, both easily fold in manually.

GTPprix is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): NONE

Not to dredge this up but what happened was your MSM module was programmed with the wrong calibration to show the export option for the folding mirrors. The Export versions do have them the RPO is DX1. I could probably retrofit them if people really wanted it but retail on the mirrors is $700 ish a each.

pkadanec is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS

I apologize for my ignorance on your acronyms. Are you saying that this COULD be an option if desired post-delivery of the vehicle?

Sorry I apologize for the car electronics geek speak! MSM is memory seat module which controls the mirrors actually. If the MSM is programmed (IE during a bulletin) and the incorrect option was chosen that option (which is for export only) would show up on the infotainment. I can turn this on and off (and a bunch of other things) but unfortunately without the hardware in the mirrors as you stated it wont do anything

So I guess the $100,000 question is... can the hardware be installed?

Sure, mirrors are $700 each plus paint and I can do the programming.

Thanks, I wish I lived near you!

EChas3 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

A member over on the STS forum added them. It seems far too expensive to me but if it's worth around $1,500 to you, have at it!

dannyquest is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 06 STS 99,000 miles

Why does the KIA Soul have folding mirrors & nav unit and its only $14k-19k, new. Some time I think Cadillac is behind the eight ball. Danny

fmatiyat is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe, 2013 XTS4 Platinum

I live in the Gulf region, and mine is a XTS4 Platinum, got it last week (March 28th).
    I can see auto-fold mirrors, it is checked on, but the mirrors do not autofold!
    Production date on my car is September 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by fmatiyat View Post
    I live in the Gulf region, and mine is a XTS4 Platinum, got it last week (March 28th).
    I can see auto-fold mirrors, it is checked on, but the mirrors do not autofold!
    Production date on my car is September 2012.
    @fmativat: from my understanding, the folding mirrors were not part of any XTS produced here. On you next CUE update that option will disappear. The only 'autofold' one can do (unless you want to spend c.$1500 to have motors put in each mirror) is to stick your hand out the window and pull the mirror in- easy to do on the driver side, not so easy on the passenger side (unless of course you have a passenger).

fmatiyat is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe, 2013 XTS4 Platinum

I think two concepts are being confused here: folding mirrors, and auto-fold function.
    My XTS4 Platinume DOES in fact have an electric folding mirror; you just put the mirror selector on the middle (the button that chooses either right or left mirror), then press the mirror deflector button to the down direction (a hollow triangle pointing down, as opposed to the solid triangles that point in the other 3 directions)... Give that a try..
    Now the auto-fold option that I am talking about is a feature that the mirrors will automatically fold when you turn the car off... That does not seem to work..
    My car manufacturing date is September 2012, so I have a strong guess that my software is rather newer..

Quote Originally Posted by fmatiyat View Post
    I think two concepts are being confused here: folding mirrors, and auto-fold function.
    My XTS4 Platinume DOES in fact have an electric folding mirror; you just put the mirror selector on the middle (the button that chooses either right or left mirror), then press the mirror deflector button to the down direction (a hollow triangle pointing down, as opposed to the solid triangles that point in the other 3 directions)... Give that a try..
    Now the auto-fold option that I am talking about is a feature that the mirrors will automatically fold when you turn the car off... That does not seem to work..
    My car manufacturing date is September 2012, so I have a strong guess that my software is rather newer..
    SilverFox, a fully loaded Platinum, does not have folding mirrors. All triangles on the joint mirror control switch are identical and putting it in the center of the rocker and then pushing towards the down arrow does nothing. Perhaps it was a feature on the 4 but it is not on the fwd version. As to the recency of the software, if you scan the CUE threads here you will see that almost everyone regardless of manufacture date is getting CUE updates this month, the primary difference is that on the early production models like SilverFox, you not only get the software update you get a new CUE component.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.