XTS Auto Folding Side Mirrors - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, XTS Auto Folding Side Mirrors in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I just validated on my sister's new 2013 XTS (delivery date was about 5 weeks later than mine) and this ...
    pkadanec is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS

Re: XTS Auto Folding Side Mirrors

I just validated on my sister's new 2013 XTS (delivery date was about 5 weeks later than mine) and this menu option is not available. Would anyone from Cadillac be able to comment?

Dramset is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I don't imagine there's much to say. The 2013 XTS absolutely, positively does not have power folding mirrors, period.

Since some people see this feature in the CUE menus, I imagine that it was planned originally but for whatever reason didn't make it into production models. Presumably updates to CUE removed this option.

Yes, i suspected as much.

Engelman is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS Platinum

When this information was added to the catalogue/owners manual Cadillac fully intended to have electric folding mirrors on the XTS. However, it never became a reality for several reasons, some mentioned here...

Quote Originally Posted by Cadjiek View Post
    According to the owners manual section 2-19, move the left right switch selector to the middle position and press the down arrow. Press the down arrow again to unfold the mirrors. Is that what you have been doing?

jock82 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Another reason for me to love my DTS that much more.

Sweetness is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jock82
    Another reason for me to love my DTS that much more.
    Yea, missing power folding mirrors, massage seat and auto dimming headlights that were on the DTS. But it's still a hell of a car.

Post QUE update, option is now gone...

DTS man33 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac DTS, Had 2000 Deville DTS and 2003 Deville DTS

I find it funny how everyone is now noticing these omissions on the XTS just now. I was asking about why these options were not available back even before the XTS hit the lots. I think they are just saving those for the real flagship that's on its way. I can see the power folding mirrors not being a super popular option but there is no excuse at all for this car not having auto dimming headlights when this option is available on cars much much cheaper. I would tell you to ask Cadillac Customer Service, however you can not expect an intelligent response from anyone in that department so it would be just a waste of time.

DTS Man, I have been told that, in fact, these options were on the pre-production models, hence why they are available options in the user manual, but were pulled from the production models for reasons unknown to us. Someone keeps referring to the XTS not being the flagship model of the Cadillac line. I do not think that is correct. If it is, that is not how it is being sold, nor marketed by the dealerships. I talk quite a bit with the folks at the dealer and what i have been told is that the Cadillac model line up is structured to directly compete with the BMW model line up. 3 series = ATS, 5 series = CTS, and 7 series = XTS. If that is the case, then I think the XTS is, in fact the "flagship" line from Cadillac. Of course, if you have any additional information to share, i would be very interested in what you have. Again, this is all second hand info, and i do not speak for Cadillac, just sharing what i have heard.

DTS man33 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac DTS, Had 2000 Deville DTS and 2003 Deville DTS

Quote Originally Posted by pkadanec View Post
    DTS Man, I have been told that, in fact, these options were on the pre-production models, hence why they are available options in the user manual, but were pulled from the production models for reasons unknown to us. Someone keeps referring to the XTS not being the flagship model of the Cadillac line. I do not think that is correct. If it is, that is not how it is being sold, nor marketed by the dealerships. I talk quite a bit with the folks at the dealer and what i have been told is that the Cadillac model line up is structured to directly compete with the BMW model line up. 3 series = ATS, 5 series = CTS, and 7 series = XTS. If that is the case, then I think the XTS is, in fact the "flagship" line from Cadillac. Of course, if you have any additional information to share, i would be very interested in what you have. Again, this is all second hand info, and i do not speak for Cadillac, just sharing what i have heard.
    The XTS is just a stop-gap for the real flagship that will be out in a few years. While all of this is just speculation and I do not speak for Cadillac either. GM has said many times that there is a bigger better more elegant car in the works. It will be based on a new large platform called the OMEGA which is RWD/AWD based and may have a V8. The XTS sole purpose is to take over for the DTS and also keep the livery companies who make limo's and funeral cars happy. Also the XTS was a easy and fast car to make since the platform was already available. Very few people will agree that the XTS can even slightly compare to a 7-series however it was not meant to either. Back in 2007-08 the XTS was to be the big RWD flagship sedan but when GM fell on hard times that hole idea was canned and the XTS got toned down. I have no doubt at this point that we will see a big flagship that is bigger and better then the XTS but I do not see the new car replacing the XTS as many have said would happen, it will just supplement it and be above it.

nguyennhatquang is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): DeVille DHS, 2004 Mercedes C200K, V Coupe, BMW 750li

7 series = XTS.
    XTS was build to complete with Audi A6 and MB E-class..you can see that in Cadillac website.

http://www.cadillac.com/tools/compar...odel&year=2013

original video from Cadillac

it make me thing about
    1st the seller in dealer is an IDIOT to say that.
    2nd they try to riff customer off.

XTS full option is about 63 to 65K...base 7 series or S-Class start at 90k...
    it even not touch it.

TulsaVic is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '08 DTS Performance (gone)

My 5 year old DTS has the power folding mirrors. Never used them. So are y'all mad because it was suppose to be there or because it's an essential part of the car??

cblove is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 BMW 535ix M Sport & 2010 Escalade

Same here with the escalade folding mirrors. I never use the feature.

jeffpaletz is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Yes, we are fortunate enought to be able to buy this amazing car and people are complaining that it doesn't have folding mirrors. I also see that as a useless feature. My wife's SRX has that feature and we never use it. She forgot it has it.

sredmyer is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by TulsaVic View Post
    My 5 year old DTS has the power folding mirrors. Never used them. So are y'all mad because it was suppose to be there or because it's an essential part of the car??
    Quote Originally Posted by cblove View Post
    Same here with the escalade folding mirrors. I never use the feature.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffpaletz View Post
    Yes, we are fortunate enought to be able to buy this amazing car and people are complaining that it doesn't have folding mirrors. I also see that as a useless feature. My wife's SRX has that feature and we never use it. She forgot it has it.
    I obviously can't speak for anyone else but I did not buy this car for its "essential" features.

Steve

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.