Would you still your XTS?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 2 Post By kipsts
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Would you still your XTS? in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Poll. With all the little problems most small, are you still happy overall. Had mine 5 months and still love ...
    stlxts is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Poll.
    With all the little problems most small, are you still happy overall. Had mine 5 months and still love it. No question I would still but it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

kipsts is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013XTS Platinum, prior: 92,95,97,00,02,and 2005 STS

Thumbs up Re: Would you still your XTS?

I have had SilverFox (Platinum) a bit more than 5 months and have not had any issues. Just remarking today as we were out driving how fantastic a car it is and how beautiful the Radiant Silver Metallic looks in the sun. Without a doubt I would reorder it the exact way I ordered it the first time.

DG2
    DG2 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Quote Originally Posted by kipsts
    I have had SilverFox (Platinum) a bit more than 5 months and have not had any issues. Just remarking today as we were out driving how fantastic a car it is and how beautiful the Radiant Silver Metallic looks in the sun. Without a doubt I would reorder it the exact way I ordered it the first time.
    I'd bet the majority of XTS owners would reply just like you did kipSTS !

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: Would you still your XTS?

Thanks for kicking off this thread, stlxts! I look forward to the responses, and I'm available to research any individual concern further if you like. Email me anytime at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com for further assistance!

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

corvette00 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Escalade Luxury, 2000 Corvette

So Katie,

To put some closure to the debate, the owners manual indicates the XTS had auto diming head lamps. Is this a true statement?

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Hi Corvette00,

When you write "auto dimming head lamps," do you mean the Automatic Headlamp System? Sorry; I just wanted to confirm and make sure we were still on the same page regarding that system.

"When the exterior lamp control is
    set to AUTO and it is dark enough
    outside, the headlamps come on
    automatically.
    There is a light sensor on top of the
    instrument panel. Do not cover the
    sensor.
    The system may also turn on the
    headlamps when driving through a
    parking garage or tunnel.
    When it is bright enough outside,
    the headlamps will turn off or may
    change to Daytime Running
    Lamps (DRL).

The automatic headlamp system
    turns off when the exterior lamp
    control is turned to O or the ignition
    is off." (page 6-4 of the owners manual)

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

pkadanec is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS

No, Katie, this is the "Auto Hi Beam" feature that is described in the owners manual (and most of the literature) but is not available (at least no one can figure out how to enable it). This feature was formerly known as "Intellibeam".

Dramset is offline Cadillac Owners Member

This is been discussed in another thread. The 2013 XTS does not have auto dimming/auto high beam headlights, but this feature will be available on the 2014 model.

jeffpaletz is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I have had my XTS for a month and so far would buy it again. It's an amazing car with great technology.

ral1960 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS Perf-Plat, fr 11 STS, 04 DeV, 76 Eldo Con, 74 Fltwd

No, but I might still yours if you leave the key fob around.

Texis is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS

No. I find the driver's seat is uncomfortable on trips over one hour. That didn't show up on a test drive. The transmission is rough compared to other cars in it's price range, and CUE is clumsy with poor voice recognition. Apart from those problems, the car is fantastic. However, the seat can't be fixed. It's been in twice for firmware updates. It goes in again Monday. Once a month service is too much of a hassle, especially with no prospect of getting a comfortable seat. So, no.

Fbodfather is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTS and some Camaros.

I've had a couple DTS and an STS - and I absolutely love this XTS. I was considering an ATS - drove one for a weekend, but chose the XTS because the ATS is harder to get in and out of than my Camaros.

Great road-trip car - and smooths out the broken pavement that we suffer from in the Motor City.

RockvilleXTS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): XTS Platinum

I love my black diamond, Platinum XTS. Had an '08 STS, and the XTS is a much better build quality, more attention to details, and far better interior. (And believe me, I know this car! I hand wash it every week, as I did my STS.) Sure, there are things we all might have liked (auto high beams, messaging seats, power folding mirrors) but there really is no perfect car, especially without a much higher price tag. I've had no mechanical/problem issues, and love all the tech. I love the new CTS' looks, but I think I'd rather have my XTS. I think the CTS would be more "back to the future" to a sporty environment, closer to my previous STS. Done with that for a while. Now it's about luxury and style.

Kilauea50 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 3.6L Performance

I traded in my ATS after I made the mistake of driving an XTS while the ATS was in for the CUE upgrade. I am just blown away by the difference in the cars. It is by far the best car I have ever had. It is so smooth and elegant...just a very classy car. Cadillac upped its game with this car

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.