Auto High Beams
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Auto High Beams in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I am thinking of trading my 12 Escalade for an XTS premium. I have read the posts on here about ...
    corvette00 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Escalade Luxury, 2000 Corvette

Auto High Beams

I am thinking of trading my 12 Escalade for an XTS premium. I have read the posts on here about auto high beam headlights. Is the final answer the car does have them? Also, are we atleast a year away from the twin turbo? The fact that the car has a six is one of the main reasons I have not pulled the trigger. This car reminds me of modern version of the 98-03 STS without the N*

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Engelman is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS Platinum

Re: Auto High Beams

The XTS does not come with Intelibeam (auto headlamp dimming),nor will it be available anytime soon. I have been told that TT will not be available for XTS until MY 2015....The current schedule is......

3rd/4th quarter of 2013.........
    2014 ELR-intro'd at NAIAS in Detroit next Sunday
    2014 CTS-intro'd either at NAIAS in Detroit next Sunday/ or New York in April
    2014 Escalade-intro'd at Chicago or later

2nd/3rd Quarter of 2014............
    2015 ATS Coupe/Conv. ?- no announcement of intro yet..
    2015 CTS-V Sedan 1st, then Coupe later

4th Quarter of 2014.......
    2015 XTS TT and Refresh
    2015 ULS - may wait until NAIAS in January of 2015

Thanks for the information. I read a copy of the owners manual and it sounded like it did have them. Actually I made a mistake. I am looking at a Platinum
    powersb and powersb like this.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Hi again, corvette00! I replied to your post about the same topic in a different thread, and I'm sorry this thread only came to my attention today. If you would like me to provide you with a XTS's build sheet, don't hesitate to email me with the last eight of its VIN. I'm reachable at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com!

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

Thanks Katie,

It is my understanding the XTS platinum has pretty much everything standard. In doing some research, it appears auto high beems are not available yet. Is this true?

Caddymania is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    I just got a Platinum and there was an addendum to the owners manual stating it does not have auto high beams.

Caddymania, thank you for bringing this addendum to my attention! If you all don't mind waiting up to two business days, I'm going to check with my more technical resources to see if I have any helpful information to share.

Best,

Katie

----------

Hi again, everyone! I checked my internal resources and got a confirmation sooner than I expected. According to my GM resources, there are no auto high beam option on 2013 XTS, but it is an available option [edit: on the 2014 XTS].

Thank you for your patience,

Katie

Caddy Daddy.com is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS Platinium 4WD 2003 EXT
    Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc
    Caddymania, thank you for bringing this addendum to my attention! If you all don't mind waiting up to two business days, I'm going to check with my more technical resources to see if I have any helpful information to share.

Best,

Katie

----------

Hi again, everyone! I checked my internal resources and got a confirmation sooner than I expected. According to my GM resources, there are no auto high beam option on 2013 XTS, but it is an available option.

Thank you for your patience,

Katie
    I don't believe the option is true. My car was built at the factory 12/12/12. No one offered this to me. Daddy

Caddy Daddy, have you double checked with your dealer to get their input as well? My technical resources do say it's an available option (edit: for the 2014 XTS), but I unfortunately do not have access to the history regarding this option, so I recommend consulting with your dealership to see if they can provide additional information.

Best,

Katie

Dramset is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    According to my GM resources, there are no auto high beam option on 2013 XTS, but it is an available option.
    Katie
    You realize that in the same sentence you said that auto high beams are an option, and auto high beams are not an option, right?

Dramset, thank you very much for catching that! Apologies for the confusion, you all. What I meant to type was my resources show there is no auto high beam option on the 2013 XTS, but it is an available option on the 2014 XTS. That's a very important distinction, and I'm so sorry it was accidentally cut off my original post!

Katie

rjm
    rjm is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '11 Escalade Premium

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    Dramset, thank you very much for catching that! Apologies for the confusion, you all. What I meant to type was my resources show there is no auto high beam option on the 2013 XTS, but it is an available option on the 2014 XTS. That's a very important distinction, and I'm so sorry it was accidentally cut off my original post!

Katie
    It should be standard on the Premium and Platinum XTS now, not next year. Just as it was standard on the Premiun and Platinum STS and DTS.

Lacking this feature, the massaging seats of the DTS, and a decent V8 engine standard amongst other options is why the XTS IS NOT a suitable replacement for the STS or DTS.

It should also be standard on the Premium trims of the ATS and SRX (and perhaps optional on the Performance trims). And it should be standard/optional, depending on trim, on the next CTS.

Of course, I'm really not surprised considering Cadillacs boneheaded moves lately--removing the rainsensor from the Escalade chief amongst them.
    Onia and Onia like this.

Rjm, I can definitely appreciate your perspective on this and would like to pass it on. So, I'm going to document your feedback where the proper General Motors teams can view it! If you would like to give me any further feedback, don't hesitate to email me at my address above.

Best,

Katie

Onia is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTS

Katie,
    How legal and how ethical is it to say simply that the feature might be available later in the 1914 model when it is marketed in the 2012-published XTS brochure and included in the 2013 Owner's Manual as a standard feature?? It It has even been available for the past five plus years in predecessor models such as STS. A false advertising?

----------

Katie,
    How legal and how ethical is it to say simply that the feature might be available later in the 1914 model when it is marketed in the 2012-published XTS brochure and included in the 2013 Owner's Manual as a standard feature?? It It has even been available for the past five plus years in predecessor models such as STS. A false advertising?
    (Sorry, 1914 should read 2014).

Dramset is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I doubt Katie is equipped to evaluate the "legal and ethical" issues, if any. Fwiw I've pretty much memorized my XTS brochure and I can't see anything in it anywhere about auto-dimming lights. Have I missed something?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.