CUE Question - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree12Likes
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, CUE Question in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; My neighbor drives and applies makeup at the same time. When you have people doing that It won't matter if ...
    cblove is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 BMW 535ix M Sport & 2010 Escalade

Re: CUE Question

My neighbor drives and applies makeup at the same time. When you have people doing that It won't
    matter if they have cue or not. Let's just say people need to be careful and exercise caution while driving
    and operating cue. That much we can agree on? Yes?

Cadjiek is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS 2009 CTS AWD

I remember record players! I had an under the dash unit in my 1960 Impala. I could stack a load of 45's and keep my eyes on the road at the same time.
    I guess you could say I was ahead of my time and preparing for CUE!! LOL

gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Cadjiek
    I remember record players! I had an under the dash unit in my 1960 Impala. I could stack a load of 45's and keep my eyes on the road at the same time.
    I guess you could say I was ahead of my time and preparing for CUE!! LOL
    That was the original 6 disc changer.

Dramset is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by TulsaVic View Post
    I think the problem here is the critics assume that if you're commenting negatively about the car and they don't see anything wrong, then obviously you must be commenting about their judgement as well. Why else would you label someone else's opinion as "stupid". It's different. And perhaps what they look for in a car is a bit different than what someone else is looking for. But calling his opinion "stupid" is, well, stupid. After all, we're not talking about Obama supporters.....
    I labelled his opinion as "stupid" because although he seems to have never actually used CUE, he stated that he doesn't respect cars with systems like these and will never buy one.

It's stupid on a couple of levels: one, he should have tried CUE before pronouncing judgement on it so emphatically. Two, his choice is cars is gonna get real limited in the very near future.

Now, all this said, it could well be that rayle is a person of erudite wit; a well-educated, broadly experienced and capable fellow who's a pleasure to know. At the very least his grammar and spelling are good. This does not preclude his having stupid opinions.

And besides, he could be an Obama supporter. You never know. Some of them look frighteningly human.
    TulsaVic and TulsaVic like this.

CAPT Mike is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS

Gentlemen: Cyber sparring is limited to those forums catering to a different crowd. I'd say more but my tongue is caught up in my cheek.

rayle is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Formerly owned: 1992, 93, 94, 99, 02, 06, 08, 11.

GEORGEC is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 DHS

Quote Originally Posted by Dramset View Post
    At 56, I sometimes worry if I'm turning into an Old Fart. However, it's clear from the posts here that I'm not even within sight of that yet.

This isn't your car. If you're not willing to put the rather minimal time and effort into learning how to use CUE safely and effectively (hint: you can do almost anything with voice commands without taking your eyes off the road), then pick up your shawl and walker and shuffle off somewhere else.

Can you expand on this comment. It is also a worry I have had as I look at the XTS. Is the voice command system similar to what I now find on a GPS? I find the GPS rather easy to command.

I have a much more expanded/involved chart plotter system on my boat and it is not voice commanded.

George

Pjazz is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 STS 1SG V8 RWD

I've had navigation in my last 4 cars. It's amusing to me how people can feel having touch screens without knobs is so unacceptable While we seem to be moving that way with the I pad and pc touch screens. Also I guess I,m stupid for voting for Obama along with the majority of the country.

TulsaVic is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '08 DTS Performance (gone)

Quote Originally Posted by Pjazz View Post
    I've had navigation in my last 4 cars. It's amusing to me how people can feel having touch screens without knobs is so unacceptable While we seem to be moving that way with the I pad and pc touch screens. Also I guess I,m stupid for voting for Obama along with the majority of the country.
    Not necessarily unacceptable. The question is why is it there? First of all, I'm not driving down the highway in bumper to bumper traffic at 65mph when I'm using my pc. I can work the audio system on my car with a quick glance. Don't think you can do that with a touch screen, if only because your aim has to be a bit more accurate. And I don't see how a touch screen improves the quality of the climate control or the audio system or the GPS. It's really just an appearance change. Don't think I've read any auto mag review that claims the all-in-one "screen" controls on any automobile (Ford, BMW, etc.) is a wonderful improvement.

As for the majority. The majority doesn't necessarily mean smart. Think of the Chavez victory in Venezuela . Think the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt. Believe Putin won by a majority. Didn't Hitler come to power by "a majority"?

rustybear3 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS White Pearl Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by TulsaVic View Post
    Not necessarily unacceptable. The question is why is it there? First of all, I'm not driving down the highway in bumper to bumper traffic at 65mph when I'm using my pc. I can work the audio system on my car with a quick glance. Don't think you can do that with a touch screen, if only because your aim has to be a bit more accurate. And I don't see how a touch screen improves the quality of the climate control or the audio system or the GPS. It's really just an appearance change. Don't think I've read any auto mag review that claims the all-in-one "screen" controls on any automobile (Ford, BMW, etc.) is a wonderful improvement.

As for the majority. The majority doesn't necessarily mean smart. Think of the Chavez victory in Venezuela . Think the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt. Believe Putin won by a majority. Didn't Hitler come to power by "a majority"?
    Just like those dumb bell majority voters who put Reagan and Bush in office....no accounting for lack of smarts or taste; for myself I find the CUE system easier , faster, and less obtrusive to use than the old clunky software and knobs and levers of past Cadillacs...after all, it is the 21st century...and I'm 61 years old!

The Tony Show is offline See you in the funny papers
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(
    No political conversation allowed, folks. Sorry, but let's keep it about cars.
    Rest in Peace, J.D. (aka Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

wut.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.