iPhone 5 Bluetooth Problems with CUE
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, iPhone 5 Bluetooth Problems with CUE in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; If you are having problems with your iPhone 5 and Bluetooth on your CUE system, such as received calls going ...
    cullama213 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0 Turbo

iPhone 5 Bluetooth Problems with CUE

If you are having problems with your iPhone 5 and Bluetooth on your CUE system, such as received calls going directly to the handset instead of hands free, PLEASE report the problems to both Apple and Cadillac. After speaking with both companies' tech support, they both admitted that they won't start working on resolutions unless more people call in with the problems.

PLEASE CALL!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

The Tony Show is offline See you in the funny papers
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(
    I can tell you as a long time Apple owner, every time they release a new phone or OS, they inadvertently break two or three features. With the 5 and ios6, it's wifi and bluetooth. The apple forums are littered with threads of people having this EXACT problem (incoming calls defaulting to handset) on everything from Priuses to Infintis to MBs.

It's an Apple problem, not a CUE problem.
    Rest in Peace, J.D. (aka Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

Dramset is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: iPhone 5 Bluetooth Problems with CUE

FWIW, calls come into the Bluetooth system on my 2011 Taurus SHO with my iPhone 5. I've never had a call default to the handset while I'm in the car.

That said, I do occasionally see a "Phone Disconnected" message while I'm driving (perhaps once a month) and have to reconnect the phone manually. But that happened with my iPhone 4S as well.

Yes, you'd think after all this time that the protocols for Bluetooth hands free would be solid and reliable. I recall it was years before USB mass storage protocols (i.e. when you plug a thumb drive into your computer) worked well. Sigh.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    What is this love of SHOs about?

Dramset is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Well, I have a customized (flames, Livernois tune) 2011 SHO now. I drive a lot (38,000+ miles on the car since Jan 2011), and while I like it a lot, the sheer size of the vehicle can be problematic, especially when my wife is driving. Yes, the new Taurus is larger than an XTS or even a Lexus LS. That makes it clumsy to maneuver and park, especially in the carport of our San Jose condo (no problem parking in our garage at our house in Reno).

So I'm looking to replace it (will probably sell it to someone in my local Mustang club), and the XTS is definitely on the list. Yeah, it's not as fast, but I have other fast cars. Other cars I'm looking at are the Audi A6 and Lexus GS, even the Cadillac ATS (although it might be a touch small. We'll see.) Cars must be 4WD and have modern nav systems (that can take an address in one swoop) and be significantly smaller than my SHO.

We'll see how my finances look after this whole "fiscal cliff" thing, and I'll probably make the decision in early February 2013. So far the only car on the list I've driven in the XTS, and I admit that I was very impressed, especially with the "natural voice recognition": I was able to enter a destination without even looking at the manual.

kipsts is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013XTS Platinum, prior: 92,95,97,00,02,and 2005 STS

Quote Originally Posted by The Tony Show View Post
    I can tell you as a long time Apple owner, every time they release a new phone or OS, they inadvertently break two or three features. With the 5 and ios6, it's wifi and bluetooth. The apple forums are littered with threads of people having this EXACT problem (incoming calls defaulting to handset) on everything from Priuses to Infintis to MBs.

It's an Apple problem, not a CUE problem.
    The same thing happened to me with my Samsung Galaxy Siii when the Android OS upgraded. The phone was not recognized by the XTS (or my C70) until I first deleted the phone from the XTS and re paired it. Then it works just fine with the CUE.

kars79 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 escalade
    Since Tony and some others work for or with gm they defend everything about the car.
    Come on guys, be fair.

Quote Originally Posted by kars79
    Since Tony and some others work for or with gm they defend everything about the car.
    Come on guys, be fair.
    Here's a 20 page thread on the Apple forums. Just on the first page I see people having the same problem with an Infiniti G35, G37, Subaru Forester, Acura RL, Buick Verano and Toyota Corolla.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread...art=0&tstart=0

But you're right- I'm sure it's all Cadillac's fault and couldn't possibly be that the iPhone is known for having janky Bluetooth. Nope.

Tony is an iSheep. haha

Actually, as demonstrated above, I have my issues with Apple and iPhones. It's what I have though, so I deal with the quirks and place blame appropriately.

When Apple moved to iOS6 and my wifi stopped working at home, I did a quick google search before hopping on the Netgear forums and blaming the router. Lo and behold, turns out its a known issue in iOS6, just like the one being discussed here.

Quote Originally Posted by The Tony Show
    Actually, as demonstrated above, I have my issues with Apple and iPhones. It's what I have though, so I deal with the quirks and place blame appropriately.

When Apple moved to iOS6 and my wifi stopped working at home, I did a quick google search before hopping on the Netgear forums and blaming the router. Lo and behold, turns out its a known issue in iOS6, just like the one being discussed here.
    Mr Tony show,

You and Cadillac just need to accept that CUE system is full of problems.
    For you to blame the problem to apple is just doesn't make sense to me and whole a lot others.
    My iPhone works perfectly with my 09 escalade
    But won't work with my wife's 13 srx.
    Logic is simple,
    Apple builds 100 million phone's a year is not gonna look into the problem with CUE,
    They have better things to do then try to fix the shortcomings of Cadillac engineer's.

Quote Originally Posted by kars79 View Post

Mr Tony show,

For you to blame the problem to apple is just doesn't make sense to me and whole a lot others.
    Logic is simple,
    Apple builds 100 million phone's a year is not gonna look into the problem with CUE,
    They have better things to do then try to fix the shortcomings of Cadillac engineer's.
    You really don't understand electronics, do you?

Big Jim or whatever your name is.
    Do you own a car with Cue system ?
    Im sure I understand electronics much better then you are.
    You and some other gm employees here need's to acknowledge cue is full of problems and need to work on the fix rather then blaming others

Btw:I have been reading your posts on various threads and your posts are very annoying.

Not as annoying as you blaming iPhone problems on CUE...

Quote Originally Posted by kars79

Mr Tony show,

Logic is simple,
    And Audi
    And Infiniti
    And Toyota
    And Mini
    And Subaru
    And just about every other OEM out there.

I have no doubt that CUE has some bugs in it- any first gen product of this magnitude will. I also, however, will not put the blame on Cadillac when every other OEM on the market has issues with iPhones. It works fine with your Escalade because the Escalade has a simplistic BT system that transmits nothing but audio- no contact sharing, no music streaming, nothing. CUE interfaces directly with the phone's operating system, which unfortunately brings its own share of problems to the fore.

You'll notice no one with Android devices are having this issue, so what does that tell you? The variable that is present in every CUE Bluetooth issue is the iPhone. I don't need to be Sherlock Holmes to deduce what the problem is.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.