MODS to your new XTS - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree4Likes
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, MODS to your new XTS in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Agree. That why I had them test it and they said the Bolt pattern differred but they couldn't tell me ...
    CDN XTS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1995 SLS -> 2003 STS ->2013 XTS Platinum

Re: MODS to your new XTS

Agree.
    That why I had them test it and they said the Bolt pattern differred but they couldn't tell me whether cars with 20" rims had different bold pattern than those with 19" rims they tried. They have yet to receive an STS Platinum. LOL.
    Hub size should not be a problem unless vastly larger. All those after market rims are available with different size hub rings to compensate.
    Lug size; not sure if there there are not also different lugs available to match bolts/lug to wheels (I have been using same lugs for Summer and Winter sets but both 18" rims are from totally different manufaturers and lugs are the original lugs from the Standard 17" Cadillac rims the 2003 STS normally comes with.)
    Offsets; I am not sure if this is related to rear v/s front wheel drives and both STS and XTS have front wheel drive. But as said this is over my head.
    Anyway when I finally get my XTS Platinum I will myself try my a wheel from my present winter set and if it doesn't fit I will have to sell my present set and buy a new one, they reason I have already googled for such but none of the sites have an XTS option listed, including the Vellano site mentioned earlier in this thread.

Bummer is selling my set in the spring is not the best and selling it next fall the rubber is a year older nothwithstanding they are not driven.
    Don't know if Lacrosse or Malibu rims would fit the XTS Platinum. Will ask my dealer if they can try such.

b4z
    b4z is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Standard SrX grey/black

Last gen sts was rear wheel drive and xts is a fwd based car, same as the lacrosse and the upcoming impala.

CAPT Mike is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS

You might consider taking a piece of paper and tracing the bolt pattern from your wheels and comparing it to the bolt pattern on an XTS at the dealership. Just remember that if the offset is not the same, you may need shims. Exchanging wheels is not simply a matter of throwing them on your car; they must fit the bolt pattern or else you need an adapter (there are places that specialize in that on the web) and as important is the offset (how the wheel and tire sit in the wheel well.

Thanks for all your input. Should the bolt pattern fit on a Platinum, once I get it (dealer has never had one to date), I would take all to the dealer to make sure all the rest is o.k. If bolt pattern doesn't fit, I have to get new rims anyway, and probably new tires rather than the present set which would need an 18" rim.

@b4z - Yes I know but my STS is a 2003 FWD car and thats where my winter set was used. Given they are gret rims and almost new top class tires, it would be great if they could be used. Looks doubtful now.

JDsCustom1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTS Platinum

Platinum xts has the same bolt pattern as the rest of the xts line... Sts had a 5x115 pattern and xts has a 5x120.. The only other Cadillacs that were 5x115 were the dts, previous cts meaning 07 down.. Excluding the v.. The ats is 5x115

Quote Originally Posted by JDsCustom1 View Post
    Platinum xts has the same bolt pattern as the rest of the xts line... Sts had a 5x115 pattern and xts has a 5x120.. The only other Cadillacs that were 5x115 were the dts, previous cts meaning 07 down.. Excluding the v.. The ats is 5x115
    Now that is all the info I need. Thanks a lot. So I will now try to sell my present set and hope to find some nice looking wheels with a bolt pattern of 5x120 and the other qualifications needed for the XTS and of course new rubber. Since I will not have the car until late Jan the earliest, I'll try to wait for buying the new stuff until late next fall.

Loveldos is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillacs: '13 CTS Cpe, '01 SLS, '71 Eldo Conv

Another older "thread" on this Forum discussed a few XTS's with "mods:"

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums.../t-265976.html

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.