MODS to your new XTS - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, MODS to your new XTS in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by CAPT Mike Where did you purchase the parts/wheels? I actually own a business that specializes in that.. ...
    JDsCustom1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTS Platinum

Re: MODS to your new XTS

Quote Originally Posted by CAPT Mike View Post
    Where did you purchase the parts/wheels?
    I actually own a business that specializes in that.. I go around to car dealers installing aftermarket equipment.. So i buy direct..

BEarle is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 Cadillac Escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by JDsCustom1

I've looked into it.. Just kind of gun shy to do too much to it due to this being my second xts having issues with the first.. I don't want to have anything the dealer can say caused any issue.. I have DVD headrest for it I haven't even put in yet.. Just nervous .. But to answer the question I would like to and it wouldn't be a big task because you just adjust the length of the ride height rods.. I think it would improve the look to do it but again just a little hesitant.. And thanks for the POSITIVE words
    Yeah I hear you I lowered my Escalade and I lost the "Cadillac Ride". It looks great but rides like shit. Anyways your XTS looks great though I love the brushed wheels with the silver paint, that's the first XTS I have seen with custom rims and I'm loving it. Use it well!

JDsCustom1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTS Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by BEarle View Post
    Yeah I hear you I lowered my Escalade and I lost the "Cadillac Ride". It looks great but rides like shit. Anyways your XTS looks great though I love the brushed wheels with the silver paint, that's the first XTS I have seen with custom rims and I'm loving it. Use it well!
    Thanks.. I really appreciate it.. Lowering it may alter the magnetic ride control as well and that is one of my main concerns.. and honestly in person it doesn't look to bad in person at the height it sits. It really is a great car.. I had my frustrations but am over it now. The wheels are made by Vellano a very professional multi piece wheel company.. they are 22x8.5 front with 245/30 22 and 22x10 in rear with 285/25 22 pirelli tires and they are much nicer than the factory tires performance wise.. much quieter.. I enjoy it

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JDsCustom1

Thanks.. I really appreciate it.. Lowering it may alter the magnetic ride control as well and that is one of my main concerns.. and honestly in person it doesn't look to bad in person at the height it sits. It really is a great car.. I had my frustrations but am over it now. The wheels are made by Vellano a very professional multi piece wheel company.. they are 22x8.5 front with 245/30 22 and 22x10 in rear with 285/25 22 pirelli tires and they are much nicer than the factory tires performance wise.. much quieter.. I enjoy it

Thanks
    Yeah Vellano makes a great quality wheel, my best friend owns a car custom shop here in MA and always pushes the Vellano wheels.

docjay is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Looks amazing! I love the wheels. Keep us posted with other mods.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Quote Originally Posted by BEarle View Post

Yeah Vellano makes a great quality wheel, my best friend owns a car custom shop here in MA and always pushes the Vellano wheels.
    What shop?

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho

What shop?
    Royal Rims in Arlington

rueben44 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

While I would have went an inch small I still like the look of your car a lot. I am younger also so I have to always customize my rides also and yours looks very nice. Quick question what happened so that you are on your second XTS?

CAPT Mike is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS

Quote Originally Posted by rueben44 View Post
    I am younger also so I have to always customize my rides also
    Younger?? So...I am older and I enjoy modifying my Harley, my Vette, my F150 and looking for different mods to my XTS. We old farts are not dead yet

Quote Originally Posted by CAPT Mike View Post
    Younger?? So...I am older and I enjoy modifying my Harley, my Vette, my F150 and looking for different mods to my XTS. We old farts are not dead yet
    LOL I am sorry your right it was just bad wording.

CAPT Mike is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS

Quote Originally Posted by rueben44 View Post
    LOL I am sorry your right it was just bad wording.
    you are forgiven...this time

TulsaVic is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '08 DTS Performance (gone)

Just curious, all y'all who buy this new XTS and feel compelled to make it better by changing things: How do you react when your girlfriend/wife says, honey, I think you'd look better with a different haircut...or sweetie you really need to change the type of clothes you wear...or...sugar I really wish you would stop.....

Quote Originally Posted by TulsaVic View Post
    Just curious, all y'all who buy this new XTS and feel compelled to make it better by changing things: How do you react when your girlfriend/wife says, honey, I think you'd look better with a different haircut...or sweetie you really need to change the type of clothes you wear...or...sugar I really wish you would stop.....
    If she cost as much as an XTS I would tell her what I please.

CDN XTS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1995 SLS -> 2003 STS ->2013 XTS Platinum

Yes where do you get wheels fitting a XTS? Reason, I have a 2003 STS which from the dealer came brand new with German made BBS CMO13 18x8 rims which I now use for my 2 yr. old winter Bridgestone LM25VZ 235/50R18 tires with only 4,780 km which I did not trade-in, hoping I could use them on my "yet to be delivered" XTS Platinum as they would be basically equivalent to the P245/40R20 size as to total diameter I ordered on Aug 31/12. Being a little narrower would actually be better in snow. Dealers in Canada apparently have a problem getting the XTS Plantinum and my dealer only had a few of the other models. The service manager tried to put a wheel on a Luxury model with came with 19x8.5 rims but said it didn't fit the 5 bolt holes of the BBS rims. Does anyone know whether or not the 20 inch rims of the Platinum are different as to bolt placement or are the all different then those on a STS? I already checked for rims fitting an XTS Platinum in case I need to buy new ones but couldn't find any such rims.

b4z
    b4z is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Standard SrX grey/black

Lots of different reasons for not fitting. Bolt pattern, hub size, lug size and offsets come into play. Would a Buick lacrosse wheel fit?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.