front license plate bracket removal-bumper repair
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, front license plate bracket removal-bumper repair in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I just picked up a new XTS. it came with a front license plate bracket screwed into the front bumper. ...
    Zharkov is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): xts

front license plate bracket removal-bumper repair

I just picked up a new XTS. it came with a front license plate bracket screwed into the front bumper. My state does not require a front license plate. The dealer said they could remove it but it would leave holes in the bumper which they would repair and paint. They said it would look brand-new and undetectable. they offered to do this at no charge.

my concern is whether it will indeed look brand-new and undetectable when they fill in the holes and paint them? or am I just better off leaving the front license plate bracket installed. I think it detracts from the clean lines of the front.

thanks for your input

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

5.0 lsc is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS Premium
    The body shop at my dealership is top notch and every repair they do is perfect. It would remove that bracket in a heartbeat.

----------

And do it before they change their mind!

The Tony Show is offline See you in the funny papers
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(
    Just ask them to switch the bumper with an in stock unit of the same color that doesn't have a bracket installed. Less cost for them, perfect result for you.

Win win.
    Rest in Peace, J.D. (aka Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

rayle is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Formerly owned: 1992, 93, 94, 99, 02, 06, 08, 11.

Re: front license plate bracket removal-bumper repair

I think anything is better than having that bracket there, if you don't have to.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Brackets. bleh.

wrtxts is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac XTS Platinum
    Did the dealer put the bracket on in the first place? Both of my xts' were delivered from the factory with the bracket in the trunk and not mounted.

Zharkov is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): xts

the local dealer obtain my car from a neighboring state that requires front license plates. the dealer he obtained it from must have installed the bracket as every car in that state would require it.

rayle is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Formerly owned: 1992, 93, 94, 99, 02, 06, 08, 11.

My car came from a neighboring state that requires front plates also, but thankfully that original dealer didn't mount the bracket. Maybe that original dealer in Zharkov's situation doesn't do much trading with his state???? (Although it seems like common sense in the auto industry to wait and see if a vehicle is traded before unilaterally drilling holes in new cars to mount plate brackets.)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.