$45000 car with no GPS?!?! - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, $45000 car with no GPS?!?! in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by gohawks63 LOL. Riesling is too sweet, a good Sirah, or Pinot Noir works for me. Besides, never ...
    thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Quote Originally Posted by gohawks63 View Post

LOL. Riesling is too sweet, a good Sirah, or Pinot Noir works for me. Besides, never acquired the taste for port.

... and technically I don't qualify as a DINK. I have two kids (16 & 14) and since my wife doesn't work, we are a single income family.
    Dink, no. Goober, maybe. Hahaha

gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho

Dink, no. Goober, maybe. Hahaha
    Again, in case it was lost on you I was playing off of the previous poster who said he could program his GPS while sipping port.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Someone needs to chill and recognize harmless internet banter. Geesh...

Re: $45000 car with no GPS?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    Someone needs to chill and recognize harmless internet banter. Geesh...
    I'm good. I even played along, but wasn't sure as it progressed.

All is good.

DTS man33 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac DTS, Had 2000 Deville DTS and 2003 Deville DTS

I remember my first GPS in my 2000 Deville DTS. It was Cadillac's first nav system and at the time it was awesome. I remember when I got the car in 2002 showing friends and co-workers the system and almost everyone said it was a waste of money and who needs that when you could just use a map. Now people can not live without having some sorta GPS in their car. The one I had on my 2000 was CD-ROM and had 12 discs that came with it for differnet areas of the US. Luxo car buyers now do not know how nice they have it. lol

But one thing I do think should of been included on the base XTS is at least heated seats. I mean at $45K who thinks of Cadillac not having heated seats. Even more so a supposed range topper like the XTS.

Quote Originally Posted by DTS man33
    I remember my first GPS in my 2000 Deville DTS. It was Cadillac's first nav system and at the time it was awesome. I remember when I got the car in 2002 showing friends and co-workers the system and almost everyone said it was a waste of money and who needs that when you could just use a map. Now people can not live without having some sorta GPS in their car. The one I had on my 2000 was CD-ROM and had 12 discs that came with it for differnet areas of the US. Luxo car buyers now do not know how nice they have it. lol

But one thing I do think should of been included on the base XTS is at least heated seats. I mean at $45K who thinks of Cadillac not having heated seats. Even more so a supposed range topper like the XTS.
    Agree on the heated seats. Should be a given

CAPT Mike is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS

Agree on the heated seats. Should be a given
    Buy a BMW and you'll have to fork over more $$ for heated seats. If you want it all - options that is - buy a Ford Taurus SHO for 45K. You want the luxury car, a Cadillac, BMW, MB? You've got to put out more $$ for additonal bells and whistles.

Quote Originally Posted by CAPT Mike

Buy a BMW and you'll have to fork over more $$ for heated seats. If you want it all - options that is - buy a Ford Taurus SHO for 45K. You want the luxury car, a Cadillac, BMW, MB? You've got to put out more $$ for additonal bells and whistles.
    Yeah, I know . My wife's daily driver is a 2011 BMW X5. Ours has the premium, comfort and tech package that includes all of the goodies, but the base model doesn't include heated seats or even Homelink for that matter (which is inexcusable IMO).

Yeah, I know . My wife's daily driver is a 2011 BMW X5. Ours has the premium, comfort and tech package that includes all of the goodies, but the base model doesn't include heated seats or even Homelink for that matter (which is inexcusable IMO).
    That's what I traded in on my Premium XTS4. More bells and whistles and 10k less on MSRP. Smoother ride and more luxurious.

That's what I traded in on my Premium XTS4. More bells and whistles and 10k less on MSRP. Smoother ride and more luxurious.
    To be fair though, they are two entirely different vehicles. The X5 is a performance oriented SUV, and the other is an luxury cruiser.

To be fair though, they are two entirely different vehicles. The X5 is a performance oriented SUV, and the other is an luxury cruiser.
    Yeah, I know; BMW calls them SAV not SUV. Unless you have the V8 version (I had the 35d version), performance SUV is an oxymoron. Both vehicles are AWD, HP is about the same (as my 35d), techno laden, about the same. Now the Porsche SUV is a performance SUV as one would expect for 95K.

Yeah, I know; BMW calls them SAV not SUV. Unless you have the V8 version (I had the 35d version), performance SUV is an oxymoron. Both vehicles are AWD, HP is about the same (as my 35d), techno laden, about the same. Now the Porsche SUV is a performance SUV as one would expect for 95K.
    I don't know abut that. Maybe it's comparable between the 35d and the XTS. I have the turbo inline 6 gasoline version of the X5. That thing scoots and corners flat and tight. HP may be the same, but seat of the pants feels like it may even be quicker than my CTS and my CTS has 318 HP. BMW is notorious for understating their HP numbers.

Ludacrisvp is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS4 V8 F55 1SG Euro tails & 01 Monte SS Pace Car
    BMW is notorious for understating their HP numbers.
    Perhaps everyone else overstates it?
    It's likely just that BMW has more of a flattened out power band that gives more even power throughout the rpm range making you feel like its got more power than it's peak power implies.

Or, from an ex-BMW owner (1984 318i, 2003 330xi,2006 530xi, 2006 M3, 2011 X5 35d), you believe the BMW hype about being a driver's car. From my ownership experience the M3 was a let down, power wise; the X5 with the turbo diesel was quite torquey and had some power even more so that the X5 with the turbo 6 that you refer to. BTW, the seat of your pants effect is only valid if it compelled you to change your underwear following a run

Or, from an ex-BMW owner (1984 318i, 2003 330xi,2006 530xi, 2006 M3, 2011 X5 35d), you believe the BMW hype about being a driver's car. From my ownership experience the M3 was a let down, power wise; the X5 with the turbo diesel was quite torquey and had some power even more so that the X5 with the turbo 6 that you refer to. BTW, the seat of your pants effect is only valid if it compelled you to change your underwear following a run
    Well this is my first BMW, and didn't start out with the intent of buying one. I believe no one's hype and rely on my personal experiences, and for the time i have owned it, it feels sportier than any SUV I have owned (and i have owned plenty). It was a replacement for my wife's 2004 Toyota Land Cruiser that served us faithfully for 160k miles. We planned to downsize and my wife liked the looks of the X5. Compared with the Land Cruiser which had no "sport" about it, unless you took it off road, the X5 is definitely more fun to drive, again as far as SUVs go. Having said that, the Germans definitely have a unique way of designing their vehicles that takes some getting used to.

I bought it as a CPO and really don't plan to own it much beyond when the CPO warranty runs out. I have no illusions that it will give me the same level of reliability the Land Cruiser did. It's been trouble free for three months I have owned it, but just like sport and Land Cruiser didn't got together, neither does reliability and BMW go together either.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ludacrisvp
    Perhaps everyone else overstates it?
    It's likely just that BMW has more of a flattened out power band that gives more even power throughout the rpm range making you feel like its got more power than it's peak power implies.
    That is a good point. The power does feel more immediate, and there is virtually no lag from the turbo.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.