What Does "On Hold At Plant" Mean? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, What Does "On Hold At Plant" Mean? in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by ArubaKid To review this order: I ordered a Platinum on Sept 20, it was built on Oct ...
    CAPT Mike is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS

Re: What Does "On Hold At Plant" Mean?

Quote Originally Posted by ArubaKid View Post
    To review this order: I ordered a Platinum on Sept 20, it was built on Oct 29, it has been sitting "on hold at plant" ever since. Two weeks ago my salesman said it should be shipped that week and delivered this week. Haven't heard from him since. They said 6-8 weeks delivery when I ordered it; it has been 12.

At what point do I get mad, and when I do what should I do about it? Where are these vehicles made, Canada? Michigan? I am afraid it has been sitting around in the weather getting beat up. Should I cancel the order and start over? Help!
    Go back to your dealer. Did you give them a deposit? Settle on a price with a trade? Speak to the sales manager or owner and have them find out what is happening; like you want your car yesterday! Demand a better deal or get your deposit back and go elsewhere. If they cannot give you an answer/disposition, I would certainly be going elsewhere. If you are treated like a second class citizen now with you buying a high priced vehicle, can you imagine how you'll be treated at this dealership if there is any problem with your vehicle?

ArubaKid is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

For those of you following this sad thread, I met with the Sales Manager of the Cadillac dealership this afternoon (Dec 13). I had previously sent him an email indicating I wanted answers why the Platinum XDS I ordered was not delivered by now, 12 weeks later. He indicated that the vehicle (which was built on Oct 29) has been sitting up in Quebec, Canada, since it was built undergoing (or not?) a batch quality check. He had no idea what that meant. He apparently lit some fires under the grand poo-bahs, and told me it will be sent by rail to a town 2 hours away to be loaded onto a truck and delivered no later that December 24. I later sent him an email indicating that I expected it December 24, but if was not delivered in my hands by December 29 I was cancelling the order. He emailed to me that this was agreeable. Jeez! I got faster delivery of my 6 Lexus' that came from Japan!

Stay tuned...

wrtxts is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac XTS Platinum
    You are very patient! I probably would have cancelled it after the second week of not receiving an answer... I had an issue with my first xts and they ordered me a new one. It was built the following week and I had it 11 days after being built. I think the total duration was less than 3 weeks. This was in November.

Way too patient!!!Your salesman said 12 more days???? and you gave him 5 more to deliver????And what is he and Cadillac give you for winning the guy with the most patience??!!You deserve something...Your saga belongs on a reality TV show. Cadillac could have torn down and rebuilt your car 20 times for as long as the hold up was...and I do mean "hold up."

Platinum06 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 N* STS-4

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

ArubaKid, are you currently residing in the United States? I ask, because if you're a U.S. resident, then I can always track your order status. This thread was just brought to my attention today, and I'm so sorry to hear about your order frustrations.

If you would like me to track an order, please don't hesitate to email me at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com with the order number!

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

CDN XTS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1995 SLS -> 2003 STS ->2013 XTS Platinum

Head restraint issue was for cars produced to Aug 30/12, his was built Oct. 29th. - so what was wrong with that batch??? I was told a few weeks ago that there was a production stop for Platinums for Canada - no reason given. Why Platinums? Why Canada? Contacted Cadillac myself. As stated elsewhere, didn't get a reason but was given a "tentative" production date for week of Jan 7/13.

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    ArubaKid, are you currently residing in the United States? I ask, because if you're a U.S. resident, then I can always track your order status. This thread was just brought to my attention today, and I'm so sorry to hear about your order frustrations.

If you would like me to track an order, please don't hesitate to email me at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com with the order number!

Katie
    Katie, I emailed you several days ago. No answer...

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Katie, I emailed you several days ago. No answer...
    I apologize for the delay, ArubaKid! I am catching up on my emails from the weekend, so I will be emailing you shortly (by the end of my business day today, 4:30pm EST) with my findings.

Katie

CDN XTS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1995 SLS -> 2003 STS ->2013 XTS Platinum

Hmmm, another thought. I wonder whether this may be related to possible slightly different software issues between Canada & US as when questioning dealer as to delivery delays at end of Nov., I was told production of XTS Platinum for Canada is on "hold" but no info as to why and timing. Mine is now to be produced on Jan 11 or so.
    @ArubaKid - did you now receive your car?

Quote Originally Posted by CDN XTS View Post
    ArubaKid - did you now receive your car?
    Well I finally got a call on Thursday, December 27, that my vehicle is at the dealership and is ready to be picked up. I will pick it up on Friday morning, December 28. I'll let you know how it goes...

Well this the end of the story: I picked up the car today at the dealership, and I am very excited about it. Everything seems to be working OK including the fanny tickles when I get too close to the dividing line and also the all important garage door opening function. The lines of the car are great. I have the graphite metallic. The guy who checked me out with the car said they did not know exactly why it was held up for delivery; it took exactly 14 weeks from the day I ordered it. They gave me an extra $500 on my trade, and said they would extend my On Star subscription some undisclosed number of months. But I am happy. It is fun to drive and use all the technology. I am sure I will have questions; you know where I'll come for answers. LOL
    BreakThrough and BreakThrough like this.

BreakThrough is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe White, 2014 XTSV-Sport Black

Congrats ArubaKid on taking delivery.

flying fossil is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Kinda Red XTS Premium

Do orders for U.S. take a preference over Canadian delivery?
    Mine took 5 weeks from order to reciept.

Well this the end of the story: I picked up the car today at the dealership, and I am very excited about it. Everything seems to be working OK including the fanny tickles when I get too close to the dividing line and also the all important garage door opening function. The lines of the car are great. I have the graphite metallic. The guy who checked me out with the car said they did not know exactly why it was held up for delivery; it took exactly 14 weeks from the day I ordered it. They gave me an extra $500 on my trade, and said they would extend my On Star subscription some undisclosed number of months. But I am happy. It is fun to drive and use all the technology. I am sure I will have questions; you know where I'll come for answers. LOL
    It's good that they gave you something for your unbelievable inconvenience, BUT it should have been more; OnStar for 4 years +500 at a minimum. A dinner at a restaurant for you and your significant other as a more personal gift. On the other side of the coin. I know that you will enjoy your XTS as I have mine. Good luck.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.