New CUE Problems
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 2 Post By RockvilleXTS
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, New CUE Problems in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; XTS 3months 1. CUE drops Bluetooth call, screen goes blank for at least 20 seconds then audio starts. 2. HUD ...
    stlxts is offline Cadillac Owners Member

New CUE Problems

XTS 3months
    1. CUE drops Bluetooth call, screen goes blank for at least 20 seconds then audio starts.
    2. HUD moves up and have to recenter.
    3. Voice activation may not recognize contact and when does will call home number when say home or mobile (at least now recognize contact in Android-merged all contracts on cell).
    4. Voice buttons nonfunctionable at times.
    5. Weather app still not work and no one can activate.
    6. Volume run up like others saw when open CUE storage door opened.
    Anyone else find same. Maybe forum will consider separate CUE discussion for XTS/ATS.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ra0007 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTS

Re: New CUE Problems

I share your pain. Cue in shop for fourth time (officially).

What's your problems

ra0007 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTS

See "XTS Platinum complaints" further down

wthomas33 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX 2013 XTS4 ..had 07 DTS 01 Deville 97 elDo 86 dvll

XTS since July with 7500 miles.

Issues I have had:
    Volume increase to full (fixed via software update)
    Back door buttons non functioning (both back door handles had to be ordered, painted and installed. Problem fixed)
    Traction control and Collision avoidance buttons reversed (dealer ordered new switches to be installed Thursday)

My phone is a Samsung GS II which worked perfectly until I upgraded the firmware on the phone which introduced bluetooth connectivity issues but thats not a Cadillac problem.

Nothing other than that. Work with your dealer and they should be able to address your issues.

DG2
    DG2 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Sounds like minor but annoying brand new tech "gremlins". I'm sure they will perfect.

wthomas33 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX 2013 XTS4 ..had 07 DTS 01 Deville 97 elDo 86 dvll

Exactly. I was back at the dealer today and they replaced the switch unit that has the collision control and traction control. After 4 months of ownership, I can finally say I am gremlin free (except for the phone issue which I still think is a Samsung issue). Woo Hoo!!!

CDN XTS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1995 SLS -> 2003 STS ->2013 XTS Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by wthomas33 View Post
    Exactly. I was back at the dealer today and they replaced the switch unit that has the collision control and traction control. After 4 months of ownership, I can finally say I am gremlin free (except for the phone issue which I still think is a Samsung issue). Woo Hoo!!!
    Well there is a note in the manual re "firmware updates" but what is missing is a full and "detailed" listing of which phones with what firmware have been tested by the CUE engineers and which work properly and which work partially (including whether it is scheduled to be fixed via a future update). I don't have a phone yet (nor the car) but am scared to buy a phone only to find out it will not work. I also don't wish to buy an "old" phone. Also I not sure that the phone issue should not be fixed by CUE in future software updates. I my opinion that should be a consern to Cadillac to ensure ongoing compatibility. After all, would CUE (as to phones) after a short time (as it is already in your case) be totally obsolete as those paired phones get updated by providing fixes for the phone or replaced by newer ones? Scary!!!

Edit: The listing I refer to should not be in the manual but on an appropriate Web-site (or a Sticky in the forum) so it can be updated in real-time. The manual should just provide an appropiate link. Same applies to a list of Software update and what was fixed/added, which is missing. Come on Cadillac get with it.

Engelman is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS Platinum

I notice your at three months.....time to renew your XM. The weather app is a separate charge and will not happen when you renew just your XM....it is $1.99 a month erxtra, in the traffic app.,.......make sure your smartphone is paired properly with your CUE......voice activation will not recognize contact unless they are put into the system individually (manually), not just by pairing.....not sure whats happening with your voice buttons, I assume you are referring to the one on the steering wheel.......not understanding #6, need to be more specific...the CUS storage door will open when you touch it in several places........I have found it to be the case that several people fail to understand how CUE, and other functions work....so....review your Ipad tutuorials and videos, make a list of what you don't understand, this may have to be over several vists because CUE is a learning curve, schedula a vist with YOUR service advisor (pick out the smartest one when it comes to CUE, and trhe XTS, and bond with him) I have met with mine at least 6 times for various things, and have another one coming up. Sometimes it's better to spend an hour or so learning 1 or 2 things on a single visit.......good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by stlxts View Post
    XTS 3months
    1. CUE drops Bluetooth call, screen goes blank for at least 20 seconds then audio starts.
    2. HUD moves up and have to recenter.
    3. Voice activation may not recognize contact and when does will call home number when say home or mobile (at least now recognize contact in Android-merged all contracts on cell).
    4. Voice buttons nonfunctionable at times.
    5. Weather app still not work and no one can activate.
    6. Volume run up like others saw when open CUE storage door opened.
    Anyone else find same. Maybe forum will consider separate CUE discussion for XTS/ATS.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

CDN XTS, I recommend checking in with the Customer Service nearest you to see what sort of helpful information they can provide. (Apologies for the inconvenience, but I don't have access to the business practices for countries outside the United States; so, the Customer Service team in your area is better equipped to assist you.) GM of Canada contact information can be found at http://www.gm.ca/gm/english/corporat...actus/overview.

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

CDN XTS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1995 SLS -> 2003 STS ->2013 XTS Platinum

Katie, I really appreciate the time you took to respond to my post and thank you. You seem to read what is posted here and try to help.

What I am actually after, is a "generic" set up of information for the English speaking customers in the US and Canada. Just like the manuals (*) are generic with just the odd reference to contacts, rules, where appropriate. Nor would I suggest that YOU have this data assembled and posted. But perhaps you could relay to the appropriate level at GM that there is a need for GM to provide such information by those who can (and update it as necessary, given it is an ever changing environment - updated CUE software, new/updated phones, etc.) to their customers, wherever they are located.

For ready reference what I would like to see is:
    • technical data on CUE/automobile as to interfaces re: type of USB ports (as to reading speed). What type of SD cards can be connected (as to physical and capacity sizes and speed). Including the required formatting aspects. Found some as to the latter in one of the manuals (see below the info as to different versions) Yes as to SD cards the physical size can be ascertained by someone with some knowledge looking at the port (I don't have the car yet) but those who don't even know there are 3 sizes may just go to a store and pick up the wrong one.
    • What phones have been tested and results (including firmware/software given the warning as to firmware in the manual), One of the versions of the on-line manual lists some brief info as to phones but no firmware/software references. People seem to update their phones all the time and also update software and firmware to fix phone problems, hence if they also use them in the car they need "up-to-date" info as to compatibiliy. Listing should preferable also list phones which (hopefully only presently) do not work correctly.
    • Listing of software updates to CUE by version number and what was fixed/added as new and how-to for getting it updated, which hopefully in future may also allow update at least via OnStar, rather than dealer only, as I understand it presently is.
    While the first point is more hardware related and hence more static and could have been in the manual; to assist also existing customers, I see no reason why the online version of the manual cannot be updated in real time. I could even see more then one online manual listed as applicable to certain ranges of VIN numbers, if there are material changes made throughout the year to the car. It would also be helpful if manuals highlight the "default/factory settings" of those settings customers can change. (My 03 STS manual does). For example at the outset of that section it could state "Factory settings are bolded" and then bold those settings.

The other two points would have no use in a manual other that a reference to a web site or sticky of this forum as they would need to be updated in real time. Direct links rather than a generic high level link where it becomes difficult to find the data.

This would also help employees like you and forum members to assists others by referencing links when answering posted questions by existing customers with "older" printed manuals, (or those who don't read them, LOL).

(*) There is a US and a CAN website for Manuals. The Manuals listed (2 in CAN and in US (US has also two other ones missing on the Can site) differ but the difference seems to be related to version e.g. the US side manual has 396 pages the Can. Site 438. Difference is mainly in section 7 where the US (read possible newer version) one just refers more effectively to the CUE manual (couldn't find any version number, they should have such).
    Both have references to both Countries where needed, hence these are GENERIC manuals (1).

-- (1) At least as to the English version. I have not checked into the (in Canada mandatory) French aspect nor in the potential Spanish aspect in the US which obviously adds an additional level of complexity, the reason the Canadian cars have some icons rather than English words as the US cars have (again shown in the manuals on both sites - Example: page 3/34 in the presumable older manual on the CAN site and pages 3/29, 3/30 in the one on the US site).

The CUE manuals also differ in size CAN 102 page and US 114 pages. In fact since manuals seem to be GENERIC why are there two separate web sites? That duplicated effort could be used for provision of better data. No problem with two web sites at the "top level" (looking up cars differs as to pricing, etc.) but much, like those manuals could be handled by just linking to the same data. Looks like the CAN site has not been updated - an appropriate link to the same info would have avoided such. And yes manuals from both sites refer to a CAN and US website for "software updates". But this is a link to the top level web sites, difficult to search for such data. There are numerous FAQ's but I couldn't find data as requested above. Such a specific reference should more appropriately link to the respective section not to the top level.

My total posting may sound like a big complaint but I am just trying to be of help to GM to better help the customers and I hope it is taken in that vein. Others may not agree with me and are free to speak up or support my suggestions and correct me where I missed something. Sorry for such a long post.

RockvilleXTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTS Platinum

In other words, it would be helpful to have more CUE tech info available for those of us who heavily use our mobile devices and would like to be sure updates won't prevent us from using CUE features/apps as intended. I am an iOS person, and until I bought my XTS, I've always updated my phones and tablets when OS updates became available. Now, I doubt this will be the best course of action unless Cadillac will provide compatibility updates and tech info on a timely basis. (A tribute to the importance I place on enjoying what CUE offers!!!) I know this is asking a lot, especially when I note the time it takes for Android updates to happen across carriers. The software for these devices is complicated, especially in the case of CUE because of the need for compatibility across so many OS's. But, if we know about incompatibilities we can defer upgrades and updates until we are sure they won't prevent CUE from operating as designed. Thanks!!!
    CDN XTS and CDN XTS like this.

kimbo1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS-4

STLXTS, regarding the Weather App I had a problem with it in the new XTS I took delivery of 9 days ago. Every time I pressed the "button" I got a message that the subscription had expired. My first call to SiriusXM was useless, the second time I was sitting in the XTS, got a tech support guy who knew what was going on, and was able to activate the full 90-day subscription. I recall I had to give him the radio ID from Channel 1 (or was it 0). Anyway, it was a SiriusXM issue and not a CUE issue per se, though one would think GM and SiriusXM would make trial subscription activiation seamless.

----------

To the 6 problems posted by STLXTS, I'd like to throw in another: no GPS altitude, only LAT and LONG.

The Current Position on my XTS only shows latitude and longitude. There is no altitude readout. Am I missiing something? The 5 year old BMW I got rid of to get the XTS had altitude as dose the new Lexus GS 350?

Kimbo1
    Glad you got a fix
    To be brief from my many posts
    I went several people above initial tech support. Resent signal all the way to deactivate cue xm then reactivate.
    Eventually they (xm) just said they had no fix and kept trial on for 6 months.
    To be honest GM was no help except checked unit, updated firmware, etc.
    No rep who directly handles xm. Would think with as many units in their new cars xm would have regional reps to keep xm happy. Weather app just not important enough to keep beating my head against the wall abd spend more time with it. Bet i spent 2-3 hours on this alone.

kimbo1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS-4

stlxts
    You have more patience than I! On the other hand, I would be very unhappy as you evidently are. This issue is not a good recommendation for Cadillac, GM, or XM!
    Hope a fix turns up soon for you! Please let us all know if it does and what it took.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.