Pondering an XTS (or MKS) - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Pondering an XTS (or MKS) in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Has anyone here considered the Lincoln MKS and finally purchased the XTS? If so what was the basis for the ...
    tzydzy is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Pondering an XTS (or MKS)

Has anyone here considered the Lincoln MKS and finally purchased the XTS? If so what was the basis for the final decision?

CAPT Mike is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS

I liked the MKS, but just couldn't get the fact out of my head that I would be buying a luxury Taurus. It actually boiled down to going to a Taurus SHO or the MKS. I then took a test drive in the XTS. The XTS won (price difference was 8500 and I feel it was worth it plus my BMW trade would have been 3500 less with the Ford product).

BreakThrough is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe White, 2014 XTSV-Sport Black

Ford use to have many stand alone Lincoln Mercury dealers. That said, Cadillac has dedicated dealers to Cad only, which for me makes a difference. A Ford/Lincoln dealer in my opinion, is not geared for the "Lincoln" end of service for their customers. Stand alone Cadillac dealers (theorectically) are geared for the high end of the car market and the expectations that come with the price point and customer expectations. Service expectations for a Ford Fiesta will be different than for an MKS.

CAPT Mike is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS

Quote Originally Posted by BreakThrough View Post
    Ford use to have many stand alone Lincoln Mercury dealers. That said, Cadillac has dedicated dealers to Cad only, which for me makes a difference. A Ford/Lincoln dealer in my opinion, is not geared for the "Lincoln" end of service for their customers. Stand alone Cadillac dealers (theorectically) are geared for the high end of the car market and the expectations that come with the price point and customer expectations. Service expectations for a Ford Fiesta will be different than for an MKS.
    You hit the nail on the head. When I went into the Ford/Lincoln dealer dressed in jeans nd a Harley T-shirt, It was assumed that I could only afford a Focus. When I told him that I wanted to test drive the MKS, he looked at me as if to say "really?" The moron didn't know until later that I am a retired Navy Captain and an eyedoc and then he was ...well you know the rest of the story. The scenario was indeed different at the Caddy dealer - and I had the same jeans on with a different Harley T.

tzydzy is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I d test drives yesterday, the MKS Elite (the package with just about everything ) at a dedicated Lincoln dealer and the XTS Premium at a Cadillac, Buick GMC dealer . Both cars were font drive. The Lincoln had 20" wheels, not sure about the XTS and reviews note a louder and less cushy ride with thoe wheels. The Cadillac was slightly quieter, (my 1999 Seville was also a bit quieter). Ride quality was good with both cars. I had a new Lincoln salesman who wasn't all that familiar withe car's features. I've had a similar experience at my servicing Cadillac, GMC Buick dealer with a rookie salesman (I'd recommend that they read tho owners manuals when there are slow periods in the showroom).

With incentives and similar equipment, Elite MKS vs a Luxury XTS with driver awareness, navigation & spare tire the Cadillac costs about $6000 more.s

BreakThrough is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe White, 2014 XTSV-Sport Black

Concur about the salespersons studying up on the functionality. I mean come on, there are cars right there at the dealership to practice with, AND the CUE app for the Ipad is a perfectly simple way to bone up.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.