XTS Platinum Cue complaints
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, XTS Platinum Cue complaints in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I like the car and basically the Cue system. However, I have found failures either in the Cue system or ...
    ra0007 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTS

XTS Platinum Cue complaints

I like the car and basically the Cue system. However, I have found failures either in the Cue system or the audio system.

1) While cell phone "pairs" and works initially, after short time, calling using voice recognition using "call - nametag" results in voice not being recognized at all. "Call number" still works. Contact list is still in system and works by touch screen.

2) Again voice recognition works with audio to eg: "tune 16XM", but won't work to "play genre, artist, etc."

3) Cue system will not recognize media (ie: mp3 player connected to USB port.

I am quite familiar with how the system is supposed to work, so it's not operater error, but I don't even have confidence I have found all the bugs.

I have talked to the dealer many times and vehicle was recalled to replace SD chip.

Any similar issues? Solutions?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

JDsCustom1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTS Platinum

Re: XTS Platinum Cue complaints

Well I have to say that I am on my second XTS Platinum.. first had so many issues I couldn't get myself to want it anymore.. My new one is still acting weird.. mostly the CUE system is by far worse than Ford and it's My Ford Touch.. I have two with that and My XTS Platinum.. It is safe to say this is the last GM product I will buy due to GM being absolutely unwilling to help out some one who has bought 6 GM cars in the last 3 years and 5 of them Cadillacs.. My last Cadillac was a 2010 SRX that after a year of living in the shop I got rid of it.. moved to Ford.. I gave them one more try after my Sales woman at the dealer swore that Cadillac had made certain to hold the car back until things were resolved. It is a great car but the lack of support on them is incredible..

flying fossil is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Kinda Red XTS Premium

Kinda makes me wanna cancel my order.

mikethomas is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Have had my xts platinum since June. Only problem has been door handle on passenger side was bad. Otherwise very pleased.

DG2
    DG2 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    A few of my friends have the XTS and one ATS with CUE and they love it. The learning curve for a new technology has to be taken into consideration. Also, as a Cadillac owner fit nearly 10 years and four models I have found the customer service experience the best in the industry. I came to GM after owning BMW fir years and Cadillac service is fantastic. .

Learning curve for new technology... I see.. Such as I need to learn how blind spot indicators staying on at random times and car shutting down and going into accessory mode but engine stays running.. Or rear air ride being replaced or driver seat module being replaced or center stack being replaced.. And cluster being replace and then having it all on video and every issue confirmed .. Sending the video to a Cadillac engineer only to be told it was a fluke.. It was all me not knowing how to use this super complicated technology.. Oh and my Bluetooth being pretty much useless in my 60k car because I chose to have one of the most successful phones sold in the country.. I see.. And if you have an iPod as I do in every car I own... And I own 6 .. But only my Cadillac seems to decide that once you turn your car off and get back in if you are on iPod it will stay stuck on the song until you select the playlist over again.. Me being a electronics engineer this is all too complicated for me I need the technology expert to show me the ropes.. I only bought this car because of how cool it all was.. And none of it works properly.. My old Cadillac had 1300 miles on it.. This one has 200.. Because I really just don't enjoy it.. And honestly I left out other things with the car.. But this is my rant. Thanks

----------

I must add some thing.. My complaints are about the gm side of Cadillac.. The dealer was very good in every way and did what they could. I just feel as if gm is basically ignoring this car for some reason. It was a very frustrating experience. If I were gm I would be working as hard as possible to get updates out imedietly for the issues out there. This car will become a failure if gm isn't more proactive about the issues and that is ashame because it is A very nicely done car, But the cue system is unbearable.. I love Cadillac and was the first to own a xts platinum where I live and was so excited but it has become a big let down... Just because all of these supposed conveniences don't function properly.. Voice commands are a joke.. At least my sync works most of the time.. This one just might as well not exist.. Well now I'm done.. Just wanted to make the point that my dealer experience is the best..

DG2
    DG2 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    If all those issues were documented you wouldn't
    need a video. Your protected by law, the lemon law. Seems simple enough for you to get out

No .. it wasn't lemon law qualified.. and the video is always suggested incase dealer is not able to duplicate issue..

CAPT Mike is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS

If your dealer is as great as you say, what did he/she do for you regarding your complaints? Did he throw up his hands and say that he just did not know what to do? Why didn't he contact his regional people and have the rep come to check out the problem. I just don't think your dealer went the extra mile to solve the problem(s).

wrtxts is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac XTS Platinum
    Did you open a case with Cadillac Customer Care? I had transmission problems with my platinum xts. While it was being fixed, the dealer ordered me a new car. I then drove the first one after being fixed until my new one arrived. The car was then swapped out. I have found Cadillac customer care to be top notch.

My intent is not to imply it was a frustration free situation, only that they will probably make it right for you if given time. It just needs to go through the "process".

Hope you get your problem fixed very soon on your very expensive purchase.

Well no.. I did not open a case with cadillac.. I simply trusted my dealer was in communication with GM.. I know they were in contact they gave me the number of the regional for this area and I sent him videos from my phone.. You know and maybe they didn't go the extra mile.. it was a very frustrating situation.. I had an SRX that was nothing but trouble and I just started having flashbacks.. The car was in the shop for all of october minus one weekend I drove it home.. then right back.. I trust the dealer based on I went to school with most of the people working there and felt they would work as hard as possible for me. What did finally send me over the frustration cliff was when GM basically threw their hands up about the blind spot indicators and the car basically shutting down to accessory mode while running.. Calling it a "FLUKE" even though it was confirmed by the dealer and video multiple times.. Maybe I wasn't treated as well as I needed to be, who knows but the situation is I know GM was aware of it and I don't feel I should have to circumvent the dealer to get things done... My opinion is and I formed this from how I run my business.. this is a new car.. I would want 100% satisfaction with it to help ramp up these new models.. and I feel GM after seeing all the parts being shipped for the same car would say.. no lets get this guy a new car.. I just insisted on a new car at this point and was met with very little assistance.. well, live and learn and move on.. I will keep the car for a while and see how it goes.. I really love the car, drives nice has all the tech stuff all be it not ready for prime time.. just let down after two Cadillacs in a row with nothing but issues..

My XTS is shop today. As dealer services says: " to do battle with Cadillac support". We'll see.

CAPT Mike is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS

Quote Originally Posted by JDsCustom1 View Post
    Well no.. I did not open a case with cadillac.. I simply trusted my dealer was in communication with GM.. I know they were in contact they gave me the number of the regional for this area and I sent him videos from my phone.. You know and maybe they didn't go the extra mile.. it was a very frustrating situation.. I had an SRX that was nothing but trouble and I just started having flashbacks.. The car was in the shop for all of october minus one weekend I drove it home.. then right back.. I trust the dealer based on I went to school with most of the people working there and felt they would work as hard as possible for me. What did finally send me over the frustration cliff was when GM basically threw their hands up about the blind spot indicators and the car basically shutting down to accessory mode while running.. Calling it a "FLUKE" even though it was confirmed by the dealer and video multiple times.. Maybe I wasn't treated as well as I needed to be, who knows but the situation is I know GM was aware of it and I don't feel I should have to circumvent the dealer to get things done... My opinion is and I formed this from how I run my business.. this is a new car.. I would want 100% satisfaction with it to help ramp up these new models.. and I feel GM after seeing all the parts being shipped for the same car would say.. no lets get this guy a new car.. I just insisted on a new car at this point and was met with very little assistance.. well, live and learn and move on.. I will keep the car for a while and see how it goes.. I really love the car, drives nice has all the tech stuff all be it not ready for prime time.. just let down after two Cadillacs in a row with nothing but issues..
    I am confused with your plight. You had an SRX that was nothing but trouble and the dealer obviously didn't fix it. So you went back and bought another Cadillac from the same dealer and you're having tons of problems with it. You already know that your dealer can't fix your problems from past experience so why do it again? Did the dealer's sales people run away when you came in to buy another vehicle? If all the problems are stem from the CUE, why doesn't the car qualify asunder the lemon law? Why would you "keep the car a while..." with all its problem that you describe? You have taken the time to put the problems on this forum; take the time to go back to your dealer/regional reps and get it resolved or hire an attorney to do it for you!

I Bought From one Dealer took it to another location.. same chain.. as far as the SRX goes these problems were known issues that were well documented. How can you blame the dealer for faulty parts? That would't be fair to blame tire rack for bad tires.. faulty strut mounts twice.. not the dealers fault.. put new ones on and they go bad again.. bad shifter... bad nav.. bad sunroof track.. bad power steering pump.. and many other issues, how do these relate to the dealer? Yes they did run.. to sell me another one.. I buy cars.. many of them.. frequently, not all the problems were related to CUE.. my comments about CUE were that it doesn't work as well as stated.. lemon law doesn't apply not according to this state... and the money involved to pursue it would have been more than what it took to get a new one.. I will keep the car a while in hopes that this one is better why? because I wanted to.. maybe I wanted to have a good experience with this car being that I have been waiting to own one since it was announced... It is off to a better start as far as the issues.. CUE still stinks but that to me is updatable and my comment was I wished for faster updates for that.. I think it is always easy to throw the dealer under the bus but if the support they get isn't up to par there is so much they can do.. A brand new car 2 months old.. it takes a while before a tech can say.. I ran into that before I know what the problem is.. I don't understand how my frustration with GM seems to be misplaced according to some on here. I have taken to time to post on this forum.. yes but as far as I am concerned it is over the new car is mine plates are here.. but I have the capability to discuss this on here because I thought that is what these forums are for.. to address my experiences
    SHOWGIRL and SHOWGIRL like this.

Fourth time in shop. Just told they have ordered a new CUE system for my car.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.