Cadillac Owners Forum banner

iPad Questions: Am I the Only One?

13K views 41 replies 12 participants last post by  rayle 
#1 ·
I see the OnStar App and it asks me for my account number to set up my ID and Password. What account number? I did not receive an OnStar card or booklet or anything with the XTS? Does it come in the mail or do I simply need to press the OnStar button in the vehicle?
Second question is with the Cadillac Apps that were loaded on the iPad. It showed that there were updates so I went to install and it showd a different Apple ID than the one I made for iTunes. It was CadiApps@gmail.com. It asked for the Password. No one told me of this gMail account and/or the password. And being not Technoabsolutelyliterate, I cannot eradicate this ID no matter how many times I start the process to change it all; because it always reverts to the original gmail email account for which I have no idea where it came from. So, am I the only one with this conundrum? Thanks in advance (TIA) for any advice/help.

#33 ·
You should get the numbers from your dealer or, if you are like me, you will be able to call OnStar for the info. The only thing missing on your downloads will be the downloaded manual on the Adobe app. In order to update anything on the Cadillac iPad, you have to erase and start fresh anyway - see earlier forum threads. I haven't figured out how to download the manual. It doesn't really matter. You will get the new iPad regardless and it has a note that if you have one and would like to donate the Cadillac iPad, they tell you how.

#37 ·
Well, Cadillac tell me the Canadian customers will not receive an iPad. We just seem to have to pay more for less and have to wait 5 months (or longer - ordered an XTS Platinum Aug 31 now overdue with a now advised "tentative" production date of the week of Jan 7) to get it, even though the car is assembled in Canada. LOL.

#39 ·
The following is a "cut & paste" from the e-mail I received when asking what version of iPad comes with the XTS Platinum.

General Motors of Canada Limited is not at this time promoting an IPad 3 with the purchase of a new XTS Platinum vehicle.

Nothing about reason. I guess given some US customers complain about using an iPad, they think Canadian are not smart enough to even try. LOL. And here I thought I had a nice x-mas gift for my wife, having already a 64 GB iPad3 for myself. Well we are Canadians and that's why we pay more for a car (even if produced in Canada (less than 100km from where I live and we have to wait months to get one - ordered mine on Aug 30th and now have a "tentative" production date of Jan 7/13) or anything else for that matter, even though the $ is basically at par for over a year. Just look at the price for recently printed books. End of rant.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.