Guess what I found in my XTS.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Guess what I found in my XTS. in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; While trying to find the source of some annoying rattles coming from somewhere in the trunk, I found that my ...
    330GT is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1999 STS,2013 XTSP, 2014 XTS-P

Guess what I found in my XTS.

While trying to find the source of some annoying rattles coming from somewhere in the trunk, I found that my XTS (Sept.2012 mfg) has several components made in China.
    My XTS has the optional donut spare. The aluminum wheel and donut tyre are both made in China and so is the jack.
    Opening the fuse cover in the trunk, revealed that the fuse panel is also made in China.
    At any rate, I never found the rattles and it'll be up to the dealer to hunt them down.
    Any issues out there with rattles in the trunk area?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

RicktheRealtor is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS Lux III

Re: Guess what I found in my XTS.

When it was time for spark plug replacements on my DTS, I was flabbergastted to see the mechanic pull out original NGKs out of my Northstar. I had assumed they would be AC Delcos. So, I'm not surprised about all those components in your XTS that were made in China. I suspect there are far more Chinese parts in all these new XTS's. It's a whole new world out there.

The Tony Show is offline See you in the funny papers
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(
    Seriously? A ton of electrical and nonessential parts for all cars are made in China these days. Just be glad we don't have Chinese Getrag transmissions chewing up synchros like the Mustang GT guys.
    mrrairai76 and mrrairai76 like this.
    Rest in Peace, J.D. (aka Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

GreaseMonkey is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '09 CTS 3.6L Black Ice/Ebony

Holy crap! Car parts are made elsewhere other than the US! When did this happen?

CAPT Mike is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS

Nothing new is correct. Remember when Reagan "saved" Harley Davidson? The number of parts on each bike or accessories that have been outsourced is amazing. Fast forward to the GM Obama bailout and the same thing is happening. Leave business alone to do their thing or increase regulations; we are getting close to making a decision. VOTE.

GreaseMonkey is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '09 CTS 3.6L Black Ice/Ebony

Quote Originally Posted by CAPT Mike View Post
    Nothing new is correct. Remember when Reagan "saved" Harley Davidson? The number of parts on each bike or accessories that have been outsourced is amazing. Fast forward to the GM Obama bailout and the same thing is happening. Leave business alone to do their thing or increase regulations; we are getting close to making a decision. VOTE.
    Actually, since the "bailout" more parts are getting sourced state side. It was happening prior to the bailout too. The auto industry is a global industry. Those that think otherwise are severely ignorant.

Parts have been made overseas on cars for decades. This is nothing new.

mrrairai76 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Premium WDT, 2011 Denali WDT

Quote Originally Posted by GreaseMonkey View Post
    Actually, since the "bailout" more parts are getting sourced state side. It was happening prior to the bailout too. The auto industry is a global industry. Those that think otherwise are severely ignorant.

Exactly this isn't anything new. I don't see why people act so surprised when they see parts are made in China.

ddawson is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS PREMIUM SEDAN 3.6 RWD

No matter who you VOTE for, China will still be making automobile parts for cars sold in the United States. Mexico will do likewise.

The Tony Show is offline See you in the funny papers
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(
    Lets keep the politics out of it, folks. Forum rules.
    Rest in Peace, J.D. (aka Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

longslim is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GreaseMonkey

At least GM is still there otherwise I would have purchase a Lexus smh. Lol that's it no more political comment. At least Sandy seem to have taken over the news for now.

Jolynch57 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTS
    The XTS is made in Canada.

Oh well, at least, it's in North America. Oh and I guess that's why it's a "little pricey." (:>))

DG2
    DG2 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Quote Originally Posted by CAPT Mike
    Actually Reagan did not save Harley Davidson he merely agreed to place a tariff on imported motorcycles into the USA at the request of Harley. Second ( this is a biggie ). George W Bush provided the rescue of GM not OBAMA. Obama loves taking credit for GM success but it was Bush who did it and Obama just finished what Bush laid out for the rescue.

GMs success is coming from making the best cars I'm their history. I personally think the rescue was the best thing
    To happen to GM.

Quote Originally Posted by DG2 View Post
    First Reagan did not save Harley Davidson he merely agreed to place a tariff on imported motorcycles into the USA at the request of Harley. Second ( this is a biggie ). George W Bush provided the rescue of GM not OBAMA. Obama loves taking credit for GM success but it was Bush who did it and Obama just finished what Bush laid out for the rescue.

GMs success is coming from making the best cars I'm their history. I personally think the rescue was the best thing
    To happen to GM.
    I guess I'm to blame for bringing a political flavor to this thread, but, then again, I was admonished for doing so. I think we need an administrator to do some fact checking here (:>)). But, at the end of the day, does it really matter? Each of us will continue with our own opinions and you know that opinions are like...

DG2
    DG2 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Quote Originally Posted by CAPT Mike

I guess I'm to blame for bringing a political flavor to this thread, but, then again, I was admonished for doing so. I think we need an administrator to do some fact checking here (:>)). But, at the end of the day, does it really matter? Each of us will continue with our own opinions and you know that opinions are like...
    It's not political at all. Feel free to check the facts. They are 100% accurate

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.