Guess what I found in my XTS. - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree3Likes
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Guess what I found in my XTS. in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; An American product made from thousands of individual parts, some of which are made in china? The nerve! They've got ...
    truckinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac STS 3.6
    An American product made from thousands of individual parts, some of which are made in china? The nerve! They've got good food tho...

The Tony Show is offline See you in the funny papers
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(

Re: Guess what I found in my XTS.

Quote Originally Posted by CAPT Mike View Post
    I guess I'm to blame for bringing a political flavor to this thread, but, then again, I was admonished for doing so. I think we need an administrator to do some fact checking here (:>)). But, at the end of the day, does it really matter? Each of us will continue with our own opinions and you know that opinions are like...
    Opinions are awesome, but we have rules about political discussion that everyone agreed to when they created their account. Supporting members are welcome to visit the "Current Issues" forum on the main page and discuss politics, but the XTS forum is for discussion of XTSs only.

Thanks for understanding.
    Rest in Peace, J.D. (aka Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

DG2
    DG2 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Quote Originally Posted by GreaseMonkey

Actually, since the "bailout" more parts are getting sourced state side. It was happening prior to the bailout too. The auto industry is a global industry. Those that think otherwise are severely ignorant.

Parts have been made overseas on cars for decades. This is nothing new.
    True. But wouldn't it be nice to see a Cadillac with 75% domestic content That should be a goal of GM. Make their flagship brand have the majority of parts American made. If the Germans can do it with their cars made outside of Germany then we should be able to as well for a car made in the USA ! Like it or not Cadillac is a brand that screams out Made in USA and GM should embrace that. It's a very good thing.

GreaseMonkey is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '09 CTS 3.6L Black Ice/Ebony

Quote Originally Posted by DG2 View Post
    True. But wouldn't it be nice to see a Cadillac with 75% domestic content That should be a goal of GM. Make their flagship brand have the majority of parts American made. If the Germans can do it with their cars made outside of Germany then we should be able to as well for a car made in the USA ! Like it or not Cadillac is a brand that screams out Made in USA and GM should embrace that. It's a very good thing.

I definitely agree with ya.

The CTS is 65%, which is on par with even the Mustang. Very few vehicles get above 70%. A few that do are the 300/Charger, Wrangler, Grand Cherokee, and the Corvette. Any vehicle that has a global platform such as the Focus usually has under 50%.

b4z
    b4z is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Standard SrX grey/black

The tipping point for outsourcing to china was around 2006/2007. Lots of companies had their products stolen and ideas stolen and things are moving back to the states.

Engelman is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS Platinum

Some things it could possibly be.............While driving home one day I noticed this annoying rattle coming from the back seat area of the car, I thought the right rear door was not shut completely, but that wasn't it...finally I pulled over to the side of the road to check things out, it turned out that the sun screen on the door, which has two hooks, was only hanging by one, quite an annoying rattle as it vibrated against the side window................................also, since you have the space saver, that means the little funnel for the gas tank is rattling around in the spare tire well....mine was delivered w/o the ordered spare tire, and instead, had the nice , plastic, tray that fit snugly in the spare tire well. It contained the compressor, and a slot for the funnel. When they installed the spare, and jack , I insisted on keeping the tray, with the compressor and funnel. I keep it in the trunk. If this is not it, make sure your tire and jack are tightly secured, and both your back seats are properly latched....

Cadjiek is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS 2009 CTS AWD

I was going to mention the folding back seat too.. One day it wasn't locked in place and had me saying: I can't beleive there is a rattle in this car! It was the first thing I checked and all is quiet.

330GT is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1999 STS, 2014 XTS-P

Thank you Engelman and Cadjiek for the pointers on the rattles. I did eliminate one that came from the top tether anchors (3) for child restraint by the parcel shelf. The others are coming from deep in the trunk. I did check the spare - not it. I will have to get my wife to take me for a long ride while I occupy the back seat and listen for the noises. Not a bad place to be after all!

Say folks, I did not mean to start a flare-up regarding the "made in China". I was surprised and did not expect to see this coming from the number 1 pillar of "THE" automotive kingdom!

DG2
    DG2 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    I'm glad you did bring up as it is a very important discussion for us to voice opinion on. Its a great discussion for all of us Cadillac fans but also an extremely important national one.

10mikeymike is offline Cadillac Owners Member

330GT, did you ever have any luck determining the source of the rattle you mentioned in your original post? I have a new XTS Platinum and I seem to be driving myself nuts trying to track it down. It's a dull rattle that seems to be coming from somewhere in the right rear seat or trunk area. I've checked the seat releases and everything else, but I can't seem to locate it. I noticed a few places where the headliner wasn't snapped into place, but that didn't do the trick. I've also noticed an odd rattle that seems to come from under the car whenever I open or close a door. I can't figure out if it's a relay of some sort or if it's possibly what I hear when driving the car with the radio off that's driving me crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by 10mikeymike View Post
    330GT, did you ever have any luck determining the source of the rattle you mentioned in your original post? I have a new XTS Platinum and I seem to be driving myself nuts trying to track it down. It's a dull rattle that seems to be coming from somewhere in the right rear seat or trunk area. I've checked the seat releases and everything else, but I can't seem to locate it. I noticed a few places where the headliner wasn't snapped into place, but that didn't do the trick. I've also noticed an odd rattle that seems to come from under the car whenever I open or close a door. I can't figure out if it's a relay of some sort or if it's possibly what I hear when driving the car with the radio off that's driving me crazy.
    I did not have any luck in finding that particular rattle coming from the trunk. However, I did notice that the headliner at the back window will not snap into place and neither will the quarter panels (sail panels?) butting into the rear shelf. I now have a new rattle coming from behind the gauge cluster which sounds little a bucket of bolts. No idea what it is. Other than a few "other" annoyances which the dealer will have to handle, this car is really a nice ride.

That's disappointing to hear. I traded a 2010 Infiniti QX56 on on the XTS and I really like driving it. However, I also have an 2011 LS460L which I can't help to keep comparing the XTS to. For the most part, the XTS is a close competitor, especially in light of the $20K difference in price. Nevertheless, the build quality is hands down superior on the Lexus and while the XTS is quiet, the Lexus is like a tomb on the inside. As info.I also noticed that the headliner isn't snapped in over the back window and I also can't get it to snap in over the B-Pillar on the passenger side. I really want to work these bugs out because I like this car!

Quote Originally Posted by 10mikeymike View Post
    That's disappointing to hear. I traded a 2010 Infiniti QX56 on on the XTS and I really like driving it. However, I also have an 2011 LS460L which I can't help to keep comparing the XTS to. For the most part, the XTS is a close competitor, especially in light of the $20K difference in price. Nevertheless, the build quality is hands down superior on the Lexus and while the XTS is quiet, the Lexus is like a tomb on the inside. As info.I also noticed that the headliner isn't snapped in over the back window and I also can't get it to snap in over the B-Pillar on the passenger side. I really want to work these bugs out because I like this car!
    Disappointing indeed, but this car has its fair share of redeeming qualities. As for the noise, well, over the years, I must say that I have had my fill with noisy cars. Discounting the rattles, the XTS is very quiet and the only noise coming through is from the tyres (Potenza) and the AC fan. Not bad! I believe that, eventually, the bugs on my XTS will be corrected - patience is the key word. I'll keep you posted and in the mean time, I'm having fun. Enjoy!

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

10mikeymike, I'm sorry to hear about your frustrations! If you would like any assistance working with a dealer towards resolution, please don't hesitate to send me a private message. Customer Service is always happy to step in and follow up with your dealer on your behalf, although I understand if you prefer the DIY approach.

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

Katie, Thank you for the offer of assistance with the rattle I just can't seem to isolate. I have an appointment with my dealer for my CUE update on March 25th and I'll be sure to bring this to their attention. In the meanwhile, I'll continue with my DIY efforts. I was hoping to learn through this post if others had experienced this same issue. If that was the case, I was hoping there might be a TSB identifying its cause and corrective solution.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.