Automatic Hi-Beam System (formerly Intellibeam) - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Automatic Hi-Beam System (formerly Intellibeam) in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Glad I read this. Re-checked the Brochure and On-line seletion for Canada as to the Platinum I ordered on Aug ...
    CDN XTS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1995 SLS -> 2003 STS ->2013 XTS Platinum

Re: Automatic Hi-Beam System (formerly Intellibeam)

Glad I read this. Re-checked the Brochure and On-line seletion for Canada as to the Platinum I ordered on Aug 31/12.
    A) Adaptive Cruise Control
    Brochure reads Driver Assistance Package as Standard and also under Cruise Control but there is an elevated little "1" listed next to it which means "Interim Availability". whatever that means. LOL. The same applies for the "Standard" Automatic Collision Preparation and Standard Automatic Front and Rear Braking items listed separately and my sales person actually initialled this in the brochure as being part of what I ordered as I was concered as to the "1" indication. Those latter two items were also listed as part of the Driver Assistance Package.
    On the On-line selection (at least NOW), the basic Platinum doesn't even list (basic) Cruise Control, which the brochure lists as Standard for XTS and Luxury, but NOW has an "option" for a CDN$2.495 Driver Assistance Package, which when selected then shows all three items. Thus now it seems you either get only all three as an option or none, and, based on the listing, not even the (basic) cruise control. Must have overlooked that in August or, most likely as I really checked for any available option, it was not an optional item at that time.
    B) Twilight Sentinel
    Brochure reads under Lights among other lines "Daytime running lights with automatic light control and Twilight Sentinel" as Standard for ALL models. No extra qualifications notes here.
    On the On-line selection it is now not listed at all. Don't know what it was in August! Bummer!!!

I guess I have to discuss with the dealer the item (A) issue. Looks to me as a subsequent "increase in price". Whatever, given I have not yet received the car, (now has a "tentative" production date for the week of Jan 7/13.) there should be no reason for the dealer not to be able to make sure my car will have it, whether or not I would have to now pay extra. With his initial in the brochure I should not have to pay extra. I seem to be out of luck as to "B". Trust it has at least automatic light control which is even available on the smallest GM car now.

rayle is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Formerly owned: 1992, 93, 94, 99, 02, 06, 08, 11.

Your vehicle will definitely have "B" -- Daytime Running Lamps and Automatic Headlamps (formerly known as Twilight Sentinel). "Automatic Headlamps" just means that the headlights will come on automatically when it gets dark outside if you have the control set to AUTO. It has been determined on this thread, however, that "automatic high beam" is not an option on any XTS model.

The Tony Show is offline See you in the funny papers
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(

Online feature lists and brochures always have a disclaimer to the extent of "Manufacturer not responsible for errors and reserves the right to change packages without notice, blah blah blah".

Your best bet is to ask them to check your order and see if it has the RPO code for the Driver Assist package. If it doesn't and you really want that package, order another car or have them dealer trade. Pointing out what an online guide says won't change how your car was built.
    Rest in Peace, J.D. (aka Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

CDN XTS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1995 SLS -> 2003 STS ->2013 XTS Platinum

@ rayle: Thanks, I thought "Intellibeam" was the funtion that dimms the hi-beam automatically when another car aproaches. Obviously of no use on hightly travelled roads.

@ The Tony Show: Yeah, I know about those pesky qualifyers. Not sure that alows changing prices after a contract is signed. But I had ask the sales person in August to confirm with Cadillac that my car would have that feature (and others with the "1") and the Sales Manager did while I was there, and I was given an affirmative answer. I now assume that resulted in the suddenly stated wait time of 3 months qouted on Aug 31 from the initially indicated 4 to 6 weeks as based on info in the forum that this specific cruise option would only be available in late fall, although I was not told any reason for the longer wait time. I have already forwarded my post to my sales person and have ask him to check into it and to make sure my car when (hopefully) built in Jan. next year will have this feature for sure and he phoned that he will contact Cadillac and make sure I will have it and will confirm it to me. (hopefully without asking for extra funds, given what had been said at the outset, LOL)

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Are you Rainman?

rayle is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Formerly owned: 1992, 93, 94, 99, 02, 06, 08, 11.

Quote Originally Posted by CDN XTS View Post
    @ rayle: Thanks, I thought "Intellibeam" was the funtion that dimms the hi-beam automatically when another car aproaches. Obviously of no use on hightly travelled roads.
    Automatic Headlamps (formerly Twilight Sentinel) - Turns headlamps and tail lights on automatically if control set to AUTO. (In Canada, the headlamps will automatically reactivate when the vehicle is shifted out of P (Park).)

Automatic High-Beam (formerly Intellibeam) - Turns high-beam headlamps on and off according to surrounding traffic conditions.

XTS Owner's Manual 6.1: http://www.cadillac.com/content/dam/...-manual-2k.pdf

PasqualeB is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS PLATINUM AWD Graphite Metallic

GM Customer Service made an appointment with my Service Department for my 2013 Cadillac XTS Platinum to be inspected for this issue. They found the following maintenance bulletin covering the issue.

Highbeam Bulletin.png

dan1166 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Does anyone know, if this will be available on the 2014 XTS ?

Dan

JSenecal is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

Katie once posted that it would be.

corvette00 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Escalade Luxury, 2000 Corvette

The word I got from Cadillac is they are coming on the 14

RicktheRealtor is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS Lux III

The more important question should be "what will they be removing"? . You all know GM with their de-content history.

GTPprix is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Ok so I've put in more than a few hours on this and have it working to factory spec again! (its pretty awesome) The question I have is if I make this a ship in service (I'm not selling anything here yet) of a single small easy to remove module would people buy it?

I'm not a sponsor so I'm not selling anything merely gauging interest to the point of should I become a sponsor or not.

ral1960 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS Perf-Plat, fr 11 STS, 04 DeV, 76 Eldo Con, 74 Fltwd

According to this post at GMI, they're putting Intellibeam on the ATS and SRX, so it must be on the XTS, too.http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/f...lineup-117709/

GTPprix is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by ral1960 View Post
    According to this post at GMI, they're putting Intellibeam on the ATS and SRX, so it must be on the XTS, too.http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/f...lineup-117709/
    If you buy a new one yes I'm talking about those of us that have one already

dbeyda is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTS

Yes, I would be interested. I am the original poster of this issue. You may contact me directly. Dmbeyda@yahoo.com.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.