Automatic Hi-Beam System (formerly Intellibeam) - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Automatic Hi-Beam System (formerly Intellibeam) in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I'm not from GM (just a salesman), but I doubt Intellibeam can be added via software. Other Cadillac models with ...
    Cadillac Tony is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: Auto High Beam

I'm not from GM (just a salesman), but I doubt Intellibeam can be added via software.

Other Cadillac models with that feature (such as Escalade and DTS) have a large black box behind the rearview mirror with a directional photocell to detect other cars' lights and deactivate the high beams. This box is visibly different than the module for rainsense and lane departure warning camera that XTSs are equipped with, and models with both features have both boxes.

None of our preliminary training materials indicated that US models XTSs would have this feature. It's possible that it was planned at some point and then decided against after the manuals were sent for printing, or that export models (UAE, UK, etc) have it and the US books were improperly printed. I've seen both happen before regarding features on other cars.

I'm not the final word from GM (far from it), but that's the situation as best I can tell.
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

The views and opinions of this poster are solely his own and do not represent those of Plaza Cadillac

rustybear3 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS White Pearl Turbo

Thumbs up Re: Automatic Hi-Beam System (formerly Intellibeam)

Quote Originally Posted by danscrim View Post
    I have a Premium ATS and I don't think I have Auto High Beam. Are you sure the new ATS has it? I know the manual says we do but I haven't been able to find it.
    The system activates when you set your left signal stalk to the auto position. It is controlled by a sensor located in the top middle of your windshield.

The system only activates the high
    beams when driving over 40 km/h
    (25 mph).
    There is a sensor near the top
    center of the windshield, which
    automatically controls the system.
    Keep this area of the windshield
    clear of debris to allow for best
    system performance.

If you don't see that sensor, you don't have intellibeam....I've tried it and it does activate at night when there is no oncoming traffic and your going over about 25 mph.

In some states it is illegal to have this system....perhaps that is why some have it and some don't.

pkadanec is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS

Re: Automatic Hi-Beam System (formerly Intellibeam)

I have a 2013 XTS Premium and the same instructions are in the owners
    manual, however I have been unable to activate this feature. I was at the
    dealer this week and they say that it is available, but they have not had
    anyone ask about it nor have they been able to validate that it is working.

Intellibeam is not available on US Spec XTS or ATS. The owner's manual is incorrect.

The GM RPO code for Intellibeam is TQ5, and neither model has that code listed in its available options.
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

The views and opinions of this poster are solely his own and do not represent those of Plaza Cadillac

Thanks for the update, however I am sure that is a concern for not just me as this was an advertised option. I will have some comments for my dealer to be sure as they are selling this as an installed option.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Tony View Post
    Intellibeam is not available on US Spec XTS or ATS. The owner's manual is incorrect.

The GM RPO code for Intellibeam is TQ5, and neither model has that code listed in its available options.
    Someone seems to have a vivid imagination, then...

rayle is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Formerly owned: 1992, 93, 94, 99, 02, 06, 08, 11.

Thank you, Cadillac Tony, for sorting that out. Good to know.

I would guess that this is the case with several of the other features that are clearly in the manual that do not seem to work i.e. adaptive cruise control.

Quote Originally Posted by pkadanec View Post
    Thanks for the update, however I am sure that is a concern for not just me as this was an advertised option. I will have some comments for my dealer to be sure as they are selling this as an installed option.
    Out of curiosity, where did you see it advertised? None of our training prior to release indicated it would be there, and I even recall talk here on the forums before launch where people voiced their disapproval that it wouldn't be offered.

I would guess that this is the case with several of the other features that are clearly in the manual that do not seem to work i.e. adaptive cruise control.
    Many options in the owner's manual say "if equipped" next to them, since they're part of an option package your vehicle may or may not have. Adaptive Cruise control is part of the Driver Assist Package. If your car has that option, it works exactly as described.
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

rustybear3 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS White Pearl Turbo

I Took my ATS to the dealership this morning (over a driver door problem) and to see whether I do or do not have this automatic headlight feature .....my headlamps go to high occasionally as I was driving, so I assume I had them and they were working. Apparently, this feature is not available ( I was mistaking the light sensor in the middle of the windshield as the auto headlight; it's the rain sensor) and instead, I have an intermittent short in the headlight wiring harness. They gave me a new CTS Coupe to drive why they try to fix this. Seems like this had been planned for then scrapped for the XTS and ATS.

All are stated clearly as options included in the owners manual for the XTS Premium.

JSenecal is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

I remember prerelease info on the Cadillac site listing the automatic high beams, but that quietly disappeared, I think about the time the price was announced.

Jolynch57 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTS
    Why not have it? I had it inky XTS.

whatever we call it, it is misleading and the dealers (at least mine) have no idea that it is not available.

dbeyda is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTS

Thank you all for your responses. It is clear the feature is sadly not on the car.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.