Polishing the XTS
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Polishing the XTS in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Yes; I know a ridiculous question. But here goes. It used to be (a long time ago) on GM's that ...
    CAPT Mike is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS

Polishing the XTS

Yes; I know a ridiculous question. But here goes. It used to be (a long time ago) on GM's that you waited at least 90 days before waxing/polishing the car. Of course, I was given the option of having a sealant on the outside and some other coating on the inside for a couple of hundred $$ that I declined. Does this imply that there is no waiting for "the paint to cure" prior to putting on the first coat of wax?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Cadjiek is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS 2009 CTS AWD

Re: Polishing the XTS

Capt Mike

There are no ridiculous questions here. Others probably want to know the same thing. From what I have heard and read, by the time you get the car from assembly you should have no problem waxing your new car. The paint process at the factory takes care of that problem. Maybe somebody else that knows more about this could jump in??

wrtxts is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac XTS Platinum
    This may be similar to a question I just asked a clear bra installer... I asked if I needed to wait 30 days for the paint to cure per the 3M site. She said cars from the factory are ready to go because they are 'baked' at the factory at a much higher temperature because it is only the metal, unlike a repair shop that bakes a fully assembled car. BTW, I had the ValuGuard paint protectant applied to both my CTS and XTS at purchase.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Polish away!

Thanks for the replies. Detailing my vehicles (bikes, cars or trucks) has always been on the top of my list. Guess what I'll be doing tomorrow. BTW, BMW and now Cadillac have been the only dealerships that I've dealt with that have pushed the special paint and interior coatings. I guess they think that if you can afford a high priced vehicle that you don't have the desire to do manual work like polishing??

flying fossil is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Kinda Red XTS Premium

I've used Zaino products on my last 3 cars with extremely fine results. Takes about 3 hours and last about 3 years.
    Fantastic product.

I use a product called Crystal Glo from Canada on my Vette, Harley, and F-150. I think that it is better than Zaino, goes on quicker and last long. I can't say how long cause I usually end up putting on another coat every 3 months or so...just because. It is a wipe on and wipe off; no need to wait for it to haze.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.