Is there a difference between XTS models?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Is there a difference between XTS models? in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hope i don't confuse anyone: Within the XTS lineup: (1)Standard (Base) vs (2) Luxury.. if anyone here did test both...did ...
    SHOWGIRL is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Awesome 2010 DTS Premium(former CTS '10 owner)

Is there a difference between XTS models?

Hope i don't confuse anyone:
    Within the XTS lineup: (1)Standard (Base) vs (2) Luxury.. if anyone here did test both...did you notice any difference in the handling (steering) and ride/control ?(the Luxury feeling '' firmer'' and taking curves without tugging the steering wheel, etc)
    So the big question is 'if' there 'is really' a difference (excluding options) between the two levels (Base vs Luxury) , the big question is ...'''Why'' ?!!
    many thanks in advance

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

CAPT Mike is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS

Re: Is there a difference between XTS models?

The difference will be found only in the Front Wheel drive vs the All Wheel Drive. I have the AWD Premium and it is fantastic; I also drove a Luxury AWD and it felt the same.

flying fossil is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Kinda Red XTS Premium

I have driven the Luxury and the Premium and could tell no difference in ride or handling. The main difference is the $$$ they tack on for added toys as you go up in levels.

Quote Originally Posted by CAPT Mike View Post
    The difference will be found only in the Front Wheel drive vs the All Wheel Drive. I have the AWD Premium and it is fantastic; I also drove a Luxury AWD and it felt the same.
    ---------------
    if you tested the FWD but bought the AWD then what is the difference in the 'ride/feel/steering' in your opinion? thanks

----------

Quote Originally Posted by flying fossil View Post
    I have driven the Luxury and the Premium and could tell no difference in ride or handling. The main difference is the $$$ they tack on for added toys as you go up in levels.
    ------------------------------
    My target is the difference between the Base-Standard 'and' the Luxury.

flying fossil is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Kinda Red XTS Premium

I suggest a trip to your dealer is in order and drive the two models and see for yourself.

CAPT Mike is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS

I did not test the FWD; only the AWD. My choice is AWD for my XTS as it was with my BMW's - better handling in rain and snow IMHO. But I agree with the Flying Fossil; only you can say which you like better. And when you get over 45K for a car, what's another couple of thousand dollars? You could get a Ford SHO for around 42K with similar toys and AWD if you want more for your buck. It just won't be a Cadillac. Having had BMW's and the SHO and Lexus 430, I find the XTS to be fantastic!

[/COLOR][QUOTE=CAPT Mike;3122239]I did not test the FWD; only the AWD. My choice is AWD for my XTS as it was with my BMW's - better handling in rain and snow IMHO. But I agree with the Flying Fossil; only you can say which you like better.
    -----------------------
    Deciding 'which' i like better isn't the issue ...we drove both the Base-Standard and the Luxury and 'did' feel a difference in ride & handling/steering, etc. (the FWD Base-Standard did not seem as firmly planted as the FWD Luxury but now we want to know 'why' i.e. what would cause that 'difference' ? - i'm curious to know from others who have may have driven only the FWD (you can't throw an AWD into the comparrison-the AWD will change the feel of the car) So i'm talking FWD only.

longslim is offline Cadillac Owners Member

[QUOTE=SHOWGIRL;3122293][/COLOR]
    Quote Originally Posted by CAPT Mike View Post
    I did not test the FWD; only the AWD. My choice is AWD for my XTS as it was with my BMW's - better handling in rain and snow IMHO. But I agree with the Flying Fossil; only you can say which you like better.
    -----------------------
    Deciding 'which' i like better isn't the issue ...we drove both the Base-Standard and the Luxury and 'did' feel a difference in ride & handling/steering, etc. (the FWD Base-Standard did not seem as firmly planted as the FWD Luxury but now we want to know 'why' i.e. what would cause that 'difference' ? - i'm curious to know from others who have may have driven only the FWD (you can't throw an AWD into the comparrison-the AWD will change the feel of the car) So i'm talking FWD only.
    We drove the Base/Luxury FWD before we purchase our Luxury model. I must be honest we didn't feel an difference. The base model is really the best bargain of all the models to me. We live in So/Cal and AWD would be a very rarely used feature if at all. I don't understand why you felt a difference as underneath all version are the exact same other than tire size.
    I have read your post at first the power curve was a major concern, now it's the handling. I don't think the Capt. was being flippant but really at this point you must ask what do you want and not what we think. We have vote with our dollars and decide the XTS fit the bill for us as individual consumers. I said to my wife the base model is really the best bargain of all the models, However she had to have DWA. moon roof and Navigation. But the base model is the car I'd been completely satisfied with. It has power. great technology and exclusive styling and if you want all the bells and whistles they can be added at a price.

Just my though I wanted a 2013 ES it's nearly the same size as a XTS but it felt larger in the cabin. I also like the ride better ES floated where as the XTS feels more sport car like. Plus I had one OTD FOR $41.5 a major price difference. You need to test that car it handles very nice and carries it's value nicely.

[QUOTE=longslim;3122889]
    Quote Originally Posted by SHOWGIRL View Post
    [/COLOR]
    We drove Base/Luxury FWD an before we purchase our Luxury model. I must be honest we didn't feel an difference. The base model is really the best bargain of all the models Plus we live in So/Cal and AWD would be a very rarely used feature if at all. I don't understand why you felt a difference as underneath all version are the exact same other than tire size.
    I have read your post at first the power curve was a major concern, now it's the handling. I don't think the Capt. was being flippant but really at this point you must ask what do you want and not what we think. We have vote with our dollars and decide the XTS fit the bill for us as individual consumers. I said to my wife the base model is really the best bargain of all the models, However she had to have DWA. moon roof and Navigation just toys and not worth the extra $5K. But the base model is the car I'd been completely satisfied with. It has power. great technology and exclusive styling and if you want all the bells and whistles they can be added at a price.
    Just my though I wanted a 2013 ES it's nearly the same size as a XTS but it felt larger in the cabin. I also like the ride better ES floated where as the XTS feels more sport car like. Plus I had one OTD FOR $41.5 a major price difference. You need to test that car it handles very nice and carries it's value nicely.
    ------------------------------------------
    No. 1: i didn't change my concerns regarding i.e. handling/power/taking curves without too much 'torque-pull' /steering, etc.- i was 'lumping' them all in one 'package'....each is important. We're currently driving our first FWD - a '10 DTS. So knowing that fact might explain 'why' i'm so concerned over another FWD that claims to have a more 'planted' ride thanks to the new front struts ..-we always had RWD, thus the concerns listed above.
    No.2 One realizes one must drive a car to make decisions - my curiosity was what others 'might' have experienced between the various 'trims' -just experiences and 'opinions' - nothing 'more' than that ! ...i was not waiting for someone to ''tell' me what to buy. No one obviously can do that. (unless they want to pay for it LOL )
    No.3 you mentioned ''Luxury' but then stated you had the 'Standard/Base" so i'm not sure which you ended up with ...also i believe the wheel size is the same (19'') on both Standard and Luxury... So yes, whichever XTS you choose, you made a great deal but did you do a 'trade' ?
    Thanks for your feedback ...again - i was only trying to hear 'experiences' from other drivers/owners of the XTS ...it's interesting to hear different opinions... enjoy that car !! PS: What is ''DWA' (in your reply) LOL

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    You two need to figure out how to quote...

longslim is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    I'm always open to learn at anytime. What exactly did I do that was wrong? I though if you simply replied to a post you hit reply with quotes link. Are you saying I should just use the reply link. Did I reply to your post improperly?

Quote Originally Posted by longslim View Post
    I'm always open to learn at anytime. What exactly did I do that was wrong? I though if you simply replied to a post you hit reply with quotes link. Are you saying I should just use the reply link. Did I reply to your post improperly?

-------------------------
    Hi -Per your question above ... this is the original 'poster' who asked if there were any differences in the XTS 'trim' and you replied with a detailed explanation/opinion.
    Personally, i also don't understand what the poster was trying to get across to us -(see his post below in brown)... you were kind enough to offer your opinion and i appreciated that fact ...i saw nothing ''improper' in how you or I responded to each other!
    Anyway thanks again for offering to help in your reply to my original inquiry. Sincerely, '' Showgirl''
    Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.