Does the Cadillac Cue customer service team read this forum or ignore problems?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Does the Cadillac Cue customer service team read this forum or ignore problems? in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I stated in a prior Bluetooth forum that I am having issues with the iphone 5 for AT&T with my ...
    macklobell is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac XTS Platinum

Does the Cadillac Cue customer service team read this forum or ignore problems?

I stated in a prior Bluetooth forum that I am having issues with the iphone 5 for AT&T with my xts platinum. Incoming calls go directly to the handset whether you press the talk button or select answer call from the screen. Answering another call from the cue screen while on another call results in the call being dropped. Finally. when you make a call from the handset and audio sources pop up and cadillac cue is selected it reverts back to the iPhone source and the call remains on the headset. I had no luck at my local dealer and the cadillac cue team indicated that their cue simulator is not available to test the issue. This is the number one selling phone in the us and it doesn't work with the cue system... Don't we deserve some follow up on this issue?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Byrd103 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTS

Re: Does the Cadillac Cue customer service team read this forum or ignore problems?

I have the same problems except for the system dropping calls. Are your text message alerts muted from your phone when you are driving? That is VERY annoying. I love the car but am very disappointed with CUE. I called customer service and got nowhere. Not a good way to launch a system such as CUE. There is also no SMS/text integration as promised in CUE.

Re: Does the Cadillac Cue customer service team read this forum or ignore problems?

Not sure about the texting. I didn't dare explore the texting feature with all the current issues I am having. Bottom line is they have our $60k for the car and could care less about launching a horrible glitchy infotainment system. Very bad business.

There is no texting feature. Hence the problem. CUE was advertised to read your texts and use voice command to send texts while driving.

Cadillac Tony is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

While I'm just a Dealer rep and not affiliated with Cadillac Customer Service, I read all these threads and pass them along. After 13 years with the brand, I'm a Cadillac guy though and through and do my best to help when I can.

I've been able to reproduce the issues everyone's having with making outgoing calls directly from the iPhone touchscreen, but incoming calls work perfectly when I press the green "answer" icon on the CUE screen on incoming calls (AT&T iPhone 4s here). Make sure that on your iPhone in SETTINGS > GENERAL > ACCESSIBILITY > INCOMING CALLS, you have selected "default" and not "speaker".

For outgoing calls made from the handset, once the other party answers the call, pressing "CADILLAC CUE" on your iPhone touchscreen transfers it to the handsfree system. You can also use the voice dialing instead of your handset. If you're looking at a phone number on your iPhone screen, instead of dialing it there, simply press the voice button on the steering wheel, say the number out loud, and CUE will dial it right through the handsfree. I know it's not the way you'd like it to work, but for the time being those are the two best ways to make outgoing calls that aren't stored as contacts in your phone.

It takes a long time for software updates to be tested, verified they work AND that they don't break anything else (like fixing the problem with ATT iPhones, but breaking Androids in the process). I'm passing all this information up the food chain, but as I'm just a Dealership level CTE, there isn't much more I can do beyond relaying the problems to people in authority. I'm doing everything I can, so just hang in there and let's see if they come up with a fix shortly. In the meantime, I'm also playing around to see if I can find a fix myself.
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

The views and opinions of this poster are solely his own and do not represent those of Plaza Cadillac

Engelman is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS Platinum

Tony: I think I speak for everyone when I say we appreciate all that you do to better serve us , the brand, and XTS...Thank you for your efforts, they are much appreciated....

Tony is the best....I wish Cadillac customer service would go out of their way to help the customer like Tony does. The XTS is an awesome car but Cadillac should be all over this issue. Once major car magazine reviewers are aware of this problem it will make the brand look terrible....

Thank you for your post Tony. Have you experimented or solved CUE muting the audio on the text alert when the car is on? This occurs on both iPhone 4 and 5.

Apparently customer service doesn't care. No one responded to this thread. Look at the negative reviews regarding iPhone 5 and cue integration already.

http://www.gadgetreview.com/2012/10/...ts-review.html

blue_skies is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 3.6L Luxury

Quote Originally Posted by macklobell View Post
    I stated in a prior Bluetooth forum that I am having issues with the iphone 5 for AT&T with my xts platinum. Incoming calls go directly to the handset whether you press the talk button or select answer call from the screen. Answering another call from the cue screen while on another call results in the call being dropped. Finally. when you make a call from the handset and audio sources pop up and cadillac cue is selected it reverts back to the iPhone source and the call remains on the headset. I had no luck at my local dealer and the cadillac cue team indicated that their cue simulator is not available to test the issue. This is the number one selling phone in the us and it doesn't work with the cue system... Don't we deserve some follow up on this issue?
    Talk to your sales-rep at your dealer. There is quite a bit of data being collected already on the CuE pairing/usage problems, and I expect that a CUE software update is already in the works.

I was told that the iPhone only works when plugged into the cable, and should not be bluetooth paired. I have Android phones that also have their own quirks with the CUE system.

Most of the time, you can 'make' it work. But it never works/keeps working quite right 'automatically' it seems.

I am preparing my findings into a direct email to the CUE consultant that they put me in contact with. Not for customer assistance/help, but rather for communicating my experiences and observations of the system's behavior. I have tried several phones/tablets by now with varying results.

On the flip side, I 'can' make everything work, including Pandora. But not text messaging - that is not yet made available. As the rep said - the CUE system is capable of doing a lot more than is currently the case.

ra0007 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I have a Droid Maxx. I share your observation of difficulties. I can also make it work, but it won't stay working. Pairing is still there, but voice control with nametags won't work after awhile. There are also issued with media, ie: CUE won't find. Voice recognition has quirks;

Lady3bglover is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

Hi Tony..

Although a little later in the game, I'm at the Dealership level as well, and am aware of the proprietary issues that our Cadillac CUE users with iPhones have. With the help of my CUE Technology expert, we have been forwarding client's VIN through the food chain to make sure that we're covered; still searching for the answer. I keep in contact with the client's with these concerns to keep them in the loop.

Lisa

Vette 2K1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): xts

I am sorry to hear of the problems some of you are having. My i phone 5 through Verizon works just fine with CUE in my 2014 Platinum, except for the text function. The CUE advisor told me that feature was never functional despite being in the owners manual.He also told me that it was functional in the new Impala. Go figure.

jeffpaletz is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

This problem was fixed about a year ago in my 2013 XTS with a software update.

Mike-Mike is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 Cadillac CTS AWD, Premium

I dont have the CUE system, but I thought I would add some insight here.

Although iPhones are obviously a pretty popular phone, I think the Bluetooth in the iPhone is crap. My wife and daughter have both had multiple iterations of iPhones, while I am an Android guy. My wife, my son, and I all have a Fitbit which connects to the phone via Bluetooth. Mine and my son connect to 2 different Android phones and two different versions, and we never have any issues. My wife connects to her iPhone and it consistently drops and/or can't find it to pair.

I work in telecommunications, although that has nothing to do with that issue. Just saying I have hands on experience with a vast number of mobile phones

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.