17 year Cadillac Driver in an XTS review - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, 17 year Cadillac Driver in an XTS review in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by thebigjimsho DTS was a flagship? Yep. Frankly I'm surprised anyone would have thought the STS was ever ...
    texmaster is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 DTS Platinum

Re: 17 year Cadillac Driver in an XTS review

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    DTS was a flagship?
    Yep. Frankly I'm surprised anyone would have thought the STS was ever the flagship for Cadillac. It was a shorter sportier Cadillac, certainly never the full sized luxury Sedan.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by carter's_sts View Post
    They are going to make a bigger CTS. That might be a possibility. And there is still supposed to be a more expensive "Flagship" coming out some day.
    Possibly. I think the codename is LTS. The problem is GM has already made some pretty poor decisions. This new Volt Cadillac being one of the worst I've seen in a while.

DG2
    DG2 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster

Yep. Frankly I'm surprised anyone would have thought the STS was ever the flagship for Cadillac. It was a shorter sportier Cadillac, certainly never the full sized luxury Sedan.

----------

Possibly. I think the codename is LTS. The problem is GM has already made some pretty poor decisions. This new Volt Cadillac being one of the worst I've seen in a while.
    STS was a flagship sedan for Cadillac. 2005 up STS was on the new platform with AWD plus all the modern tech that DTS did not have. DTS was a carryover for the loyal customers who loved them and a great car. But, STS was top of lIne sedan

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster

----------

lulz

Lifer is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac STS 1SG, 2001 Cadillac Eldorado ETC

Quote Originally Posted by marktanner View Post
    The most recent Northstar had 275 bhp @6000 RPM and 295 lb/ft of torque @ 4400 RPM. The Platinum had 292 bhp @ 6300 RPM, and 288 lb/ft @ 4500 RPM, more power but less torque. Both have a four speed transmission only. The XTS has 304 bhp @ 6800 RPM, and 264 lb/ft @ 5200 RPM, and has a six speed transmission. The Northstar's advantage was in torque, especially at lower RPMs, all courtesy of it's extra liter of displacement. This makes the V-8 feel faster than the XTS off the line, but the XTS's superior top-end power and six speed transmission will yield quicker 0-60 and quarter mile times than either Northstar, as well as better overall gas mileage.

The more generous low end torque of the V-8 certainly lends an aura of power and ease to the DTS, but it's lack of top end power and lack of gears available to keep it in the power-band made it's ultimate performance less than stellar. Since few people would drive a DTS at full throttle very often, most owners would not notice it. The XTS, conversely, needs more revs to access it's performance, and it will have to downshift more often and more gears to do it. However, keep your foot in it and the XTS will definitely out-drag the DTS. And it will use less gas while doing it. It will not feel particularly powerful off the line, however.
    The Northstar in the STS has 320 HP. In the last Eldorado it had 300 in the ETC - and it was fast.

CAPT Mike is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS

The "real Cadillacs" were gone by 1977. My '77 Eldorado was unbelievable. FWD, 480 cubes, huge display across the dash under the windshield, back seat was more like a couch, hood was two miles long, you brought the trunk lid down to 12 inches and it would close itself, self leveling shocks, etc, and 22 mpg. Knock on my wooden head, I do like the XTS; more than enough power as I'm invariably going 20 mph over before I realize it; regular fuel; quite comfortable; and everything is working right.

Eninety2 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 99 Deville

I saw this car in person. It is jaw dropping to say the least.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.