Mpg
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Mpg in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hi XTS owners Was just curious, hows the consupmtion so far for your XTS ? I am scheduled to try ...
    lexterminator is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Mpg

Hi XTS owners

Was just curious, hows the consupmtion so far for your XTS ?

I am scheduled to try a FWD XTS next week and was wondering about the fuel consumption

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

wthomas33 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX 2013 XTS4 ..had 07 DTS 01 Deville 97 elDo 86 dvll

Re: Mpg

My XTS4 is getting about 29 mpg highway

docjay is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    For some reason I'm consistently averaging around 13.5 mpg

C&C
    C&C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS (2011)

Right foot dependent; it will get EPA numbers if you use a little discretion. (maybe better if you're a hyper-miler).

handymantoo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Premium XTS

XTS Premium all wheel drive 28-29 MPG with cruise on highway .

flying fossil is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Kinda Red XTS Premium

Actual calculation or computer figure. Computers are typically about 10% positive.
    Quote Originally Posted by handymantoo View Post

----------

Actual calculation or computer figure. Computers are typically about 10% positive.

blue_skies is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 3.6L Luxury

What's your average? I am curious, as I have same engine re-tuned.

For comparison sake, our STS got 25mpg on freeway, 16mpg avg. Our Grand Cherokee Overland 25mpg on freeway, 12mpg avg, our Boxster 29mpg on freeway, 22mpg avg.

All typical, with A/C on.

So far, the ATS is giving me 19mpg avg, but I am still under 1,000 miles. I estimate 17mpg avg in the XTS with my driving style.

CAPT Mike is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS

Seriously, did anyone buy a Caddy because of the great gas mileage? It gets reasonable mpg and it does it on regular fuel. My BMW's got reasonable mpg on premium fuel or diesel at about $0.50 more per gallon. I like my Caddy better for comfort, drive, and even mpg.

DG2
    DG2 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Quote Originally Posted by CAPT Mike
    Seriously, did anyone buy a Caddy because of the great gas mileage? It gets reasonable mpg and it does it on regular fuel. My BMW's got reasonable mpg on premium fuel or diesel at about $0.50 more per gallon. I like my Caddy better for comfort, drive, and even mpg.
    Good point Cap.

Pharmboy62 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS

After 2800 miles, in town and highway, my XTS Luxury FWD is showing 22.7 mpg. I will be a very happy camper if this continues. My last DTS (07) never got over 19.5 and the XTS V-6 seems to do as well power-wise as the old V-8 in most of my driving situations. I am a little anxious about the new transmission-seems to not be able to make up its mind sometimes when slowing down. Anybody else?

ra0007 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTS

After 500 miles in XTS Platinum AWD, I've been getting 13-14 mpg. No I didn't get it for mileage, but Cadillac states 17 city - 26 highway. You should get what they advertise. Ask Hundai/Kia

blue_skies is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 3.6L Luxury

Quote Originally Posted by ra0007 View Post
    After 500 miles in XTS Platinum AWD, I've been getting 13-14 mpg. No I didn't get it for mileage, but Cadillac states 17 city - 26 highway. You should get what they advertise. Ask Hundai/Kia
    You are not seeing true average mileage yet. Measure it manually for now, or wait until you have another 500 miles, or more, on the car. Even so, city/highway mileage are measured in a peculiar way. City numbers are only a guide - your driving style, local surroundings, A/C usage, etc., can throw it way off.

Read: http://www.epa.gov/carlabel/documents/420r06017.pdf

kipsts is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013XTS Platinum, prior: 92,95,97,00,02,and 2005 STS

Thumbs up Re: Mpg

Just finished the first 'road trip' with SilverFox, my XTS Platinum. It was a 594.5 mile trip which included highway driving, cruising in the mid 80s mph, city driving (in and around LA), etc. The actual calculated mpg was 25.1 overall. I anticipate it will get better once I have several thousand miles on her. Very pleased with the ride, power, handling and comfort. The car drew complements just about every place I stopped.
    thebigjimsho and thebigjimsho like this.

ra0007 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTS

XTS4 Platinum: Still getting 13-14 mpg. Mostly city type driving. My 2004 STS got 15-17. Expected better and again, Cadillac claims 17-26

Dramset is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by flying fossil View Post
    I see this contention a lot and it puzzles me.

The computer knows exactly how much fuel you're using-- it has to, since it runs the injectors and sprays precisely metered bursts of fuel depending on driving conditions.

The computer also knows exactly how fast and far you're going since it runs the speedometer and odometer.

Filling up a car, by comparison, is an imprecise process. You can't see the fuel level and different pumps shut off at different times (I've found that hoses without the rubber sealing bellows give me a little more gas.

So I don't see why the computer readout would be optimistic...unless, of course, it's programmed that way, which I suppose it could be.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.