Mpg - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Mpg in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I use a nifty little program called Fuelly. www.fuelly.com . I never partially fill the tank and have done 4 ...
    flying fossil is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Kinda Red XTS Premium

Re: Mpg

I use a nifty little program called Fuelly. www.fuelly.com.
    I never partially fill the tank and have done 4 fill ups and 1113 miles.

All of my mileage is about 65% freeway and these number relect that. My best is 24.7 and avg. is 23.7
    I am always on cruise on the freeway at approx 72mph, climate control on at 72 deg.

It tracks fuel prices, avg. price, cost/mile and other little things.

http://www.fuelly.com/dashboard/

Good news is that it's free.

Dramset is offline Cadillac Owners Member

My point was that different pumps will shut off at different points in the fillup, so "filling your tank" at Pump A probably won't match "filling your tank" at Pump B.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Who stops when the pump does?

b4z
    b4z is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Standard SrX grey/black

My Cts gained 2-4 mpg on the hwy once the engine got about 4000 miles on it. Xts should be the same.

ra0007 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTS

OK, just finished 700 mile trip, ave speed 61.7 mph( mostly insterstate) and best ave mpg was 21.7. I have never seen the kind of mileage described on the sticker 17-26 and definitely not the 29 mpg describe in earlier posts. XTS Platinum AWD (appx 3000 miles on car) is not living up to expectations. "04 Seville with NorthStar was much better ( consistently 24-26+ on highway).

BreakThrough is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe White, 2014 XTSV-Sport Black
    Recent trip 400 miles. 3 passengers and luggage. Mostly hi way miles, avg mpg was 22.9. My XTS is AWD and currently has approx. 4000 miles.

ral1960 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS Perf-Plat, fr 11 STS, 04 DeV, 76 Eldo Con, 74 Fltwd

On the roundtrip to my brother's in CT, most of it on I-81, I consistently got ~2 mpg better going North, in two different cars and even in winter, when I thought the wind was against me. Must have something to do with the shape of the hills.

It does look like my LLT V6 STS gets worse mileage than my DeVille did, but it's so hard to drive it slow and easy. Either you get bogged down in 6th at 1200 rpm or you want to accelerate and downshift and watch the instantaneous mpg drop to single digits. Is the XTS like that?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.