Any major changes in store for the next XTS ?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Any major changes in store for the next XTS ? in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hello - I'm not saying this is necessarily 'factual' but we've heard it's not a good idea to buy the ...
    SHOWGIRL is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Awesome 2010 DTS Premium(former CTS '10 owner)

Any major changes in store for the next XTS ?

Hello -
    I'm not saying this is necessarily 'factual' but we've heard it's not a good idea to buy the first year of a new model (for obvious reasons)....is the first year for the XTS a '12 or '13?
    Any word on changes, improvements, changes in the engine (i remember the '10 SRX was 'underpowered' in some people's opinion, including ours - only offered with a 3.0 liter and then the next year they upped it to 3.6 !!! ), thus my concern about the current model XTS AND any possibility of it seeing a V8 in the future for the XTS.
    thanks for any feedback.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

The Tony Show is offline See you in the funny papers
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(

Re: Any major changes in store for the next XTS ?

2013 was the first year for the XTS. Outside of some CUE glitches, there hasn't been much in the way of recalls or bulletins.

As far as the engine, the SRX engine actually didn't get changed until the 3rd year of the new body style, and that was to put the same engine the XTS has. If I had to guess, the 3.6L will do just fine for this car and remain the standard engine. There's always a possibility they'll offer an optional turbo V6 with around 400hp when it becomes available in the CTS, but I doubt it will replace the 3.6L as standard equipment.
    Rest in Peace, J.D. (aka Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

b4z
    b4z is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Standard SrX grey/black

IT took 2 years to get the 3.6l in the srx.

Quote Originally Posted by The Tony Show View Post
    2013 was the first year for the XTS. Outside of some CUE glitches, there hasn't been much in the way of recalls or bulletins.
    As far as the engine, the SRX engine actually didn't get changed until the 3rd year of the new body style, and that was to put the same engine the XTS has. If I had to guess, the 3.6L will do just fine for this car and remain the standard engine. There's always a possibility they'll offer an optional turbo V6 with around 400hp when it becomes available in the CTS, but I doubt it will replace the 3.6L as standard equipment.
    --------------------------------------
    If i'm understanding what you're saying ...'if' a trubo -6 is added in the future to the CTS then it will also be the same offering for the XTS?

----------

Quote Originally Posted by b4z View Post
    I took 2 years to get the 3.6l in the srx.
    -----------------------
    sorry! didn't mean to confuse anyone - i was talking about the possiblity of future 'power' that might be added to the current XTS (i only used the srx as an example of what happend to that car and the buyers who jumped-in for the 3.0 liter, only to find the next year they could have gotten a 3.6 liter had they waited)

hueterm is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): See my sig...
    Quote Originally Posted by SHOWGIRL
    If i'm understanding what you're saying ...'if' a trubo -6 is added in the future to the CTS then it will also be the same offering for the XTS?

----------

-----------------------
    sorry! didn't mean to confuse anyone - i was talking about the possiblity of future 'power' that might be added to the current XTS (i only used the srx as an example of what happend to that car and the buyers who jumped-in for the 3.0 liter, only to find the next year they could have gotten a 3.6 liter had they waited)
    He said it was a possibility.
    NOW
    '04 Escalade EXT (8/07-?)
    '70 Grand Prix Model J (4/09-?)
    '95 Roadmaster Estate (4/10-?)
    '94 Roadmaster Estate (5/10-?)
    '08 DTS Platinum (2/11-?)
    '97 Riviera S/C ('06-08 and 8/11-?)
    '85 Toronado Caliente (4/14-?)

PAST
    '92 Toronado ('95-99)
    '99 Grand Prix GTP ('99-02)
    '02 Avalanche North Face ('02-04)
    '93 Roadmaster ('04-07)
    '04 Avalanche Z71 ('04-07)
    '00 Eldorado ETC ('08-11)
    '95 Deville Concours ('07-11)

NEXT
    '71-72 Riviera
    '86-91 M-B 560SEC

Quote Originally Posted by hueterm View Post
    He said it was a possibility.
    --------------------------
    here is what he posted:
    '' There's always a possibility they'll offer an optional turbo V6 with around 400hp when it becomes available in the CTS, but I doubt it will replace the 3.6L as standard equipment. ''
    --------------
    i didn't know if he was referring to a turbo for the CTS 'or' the XTS..because of his wording: ''when it becomes available in the CTS'' .....that's why i wrote for claification to him ....

b4z
    b4z is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Standard SrX grey/black

Quote Originally Posted by SHOWGIRL View Post

----------

-----------------------
    When I bought my 3.0L CTS I was coming from a northstar V8 SRX. It was a little bit of an adjustment because of the softness of the V6 off the line and when pulling out in front of faster cars. It just didn't feel like it had any tq, especially at low speeds. Once i got about 4000 miles mileage went from 25pg hwy to 28 mpg and city went from 15.5 to 18.3 mpg, and there ws a little more power. I have found the sweet spot on the accelerator pedal when pulling away from a stoplight and it moVes pretty well.
    I don't even think about it's low tq rating anymore. And I would be surprised if my v8 srx was more than .5 secs quicker to 60 mph than my v6 srx.
    I think if ou buy the XTS ou guys will be very happy with it and if you want to pass somebody on a 2 lane road it will do it pretty quickly, it's just gonna drop down a few gears and give you a jolt,it's not gonna be as seamless as a V8.

The Tony Show is offline See you in the funny papers
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(
    Quote Originally Posted by SHOWGIRL
    --------------------------
    here is what he posted:
    '' There's always a possibility they'll offer an optional turbo V6 with around 400hp when it becomes available in the CTS, but I doubt it will replace the 3.6L as standard equipment. ''
    --------------
    i didn't know if he was referring to a turbo for the CTS 'or' the XTS..because of his wording: ''when it becomes available in the CTS'' .....that's why i wrote for claification to him ....
    Turbo V6 is happening (as an option) in the CTS. They may offer it as an option on the XTS as well, but I don't know.
    Rest in Peace, J.D. (aka Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

Quote Originally Posted by The Tony Show View Post
    Turbo V6 is happening (as an option) in the CTS. They may offer it as an option on the XTS as well, but I don't know.
    =
    ===================
    Thank you so much for clarifying ...i just wanted to make sure i didn't confuse anyone with my original question .....

RicktheRealtor is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

An optional twin turbo will probably make it into the XTS (and CTS) in the future (hopefully next year). GM better proceed with it to compete, as the Lincoln with ecoboost (twin turbo) just blows this thing off the road.

Quote Originally Posted by RicktheRealtor View Post
    An optional twin turbo will probably make it into the XTS (and CTS) in the future (hopefully next year). GM better proceed with it to compete, as the Lincoln with ecoboost (twin turbo) just blows this thing off the road.
    -----------------------------
    i would imagine it would boost up the price significantly also ? here's a question i have:
    we've driven the '10 CTS wagon & found it powerful enough with it's 3.6.... would you say this XTS has the same 'amount' of power with its 3.6 SIDI engine ? reason i ask - we just drove the XTS today and DH really like the 'handling' !! (we currently have a '10 DTS V8) but he thought he felt a slight 'hiccup' as he pressed on the accelorater (from a traffic light)..it 'hiccuped' but then it did 'fly' thereafter ... he didn't find that with the '10 CTS 3.6 thanks so much for your input !

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

The CTS is lighter so it should perform a little better than the XTS with the same engine. I don't think a more powerful engine will be available until the third year of the XTS. It'll surely be considered an upgrade and will be priced accordingly. I doubt it'll be much more expensive, however.
    Please help us keep CadillacOwners.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.

In loving memory of Angelo Anthony Quagliaralillo... Rest in peace..

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Cadillac View Post
    The CTS is lighter so it should perform a little better than the XTS with the same engine. I don't think a more powerful engine will be available until the third year of the XTS. It'll surely be considered an upgrade and will be priced accordingly. I doubt it'll be much more expensive, however.
    ------------------------
    Ahhhh now i understand !! (same engine -different 'results' due to weight!)....thanks so much for clarifying that. We really liked the XTS! however, we almost bought a '10 SRX but it also had a 'lag' at startup...yes a 'turbo' was available that upped the price significantly probably due to all the 'toys' that were added with it ( i.e. only available in AWD/back dvd players, etc. etc. ...so we 'walked' from that year's SRX)
    Then later GM did replace the SRX 3.0 engine with the 3.6. Bottom line DH is afraid to take this XTS for the very same reason/scene ....and will wait and see if they add a 'turbo' or 'anything' else to solve this 'start-up' lag. I'm sure there are those out there who will probably 'castigate' me - LOL -that's o.k. ...if you bought one and love it that's great ...it really 'is' a wonderful car. thanks for your help !

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

Any time. It is my opinion that the same thing is not going to happen with the XTS right away. I wouldn't bet my LIFE on it - but I really don't believe the turbo engine will be available for the XTS until 2015. Personally, I think it's more likely that the engine will be available in 2016 than 2014.

I now how you feel. You can buy the XTS now - have a really AMAZING vehicle - but lacks the power you want. And then - Cadillac could surprise us all and bring out a twin turbo model several months later. Is that a likely scenario? No. But not impossible either. Cadillac has been having issues with the twin turbo V6 but what if they've got it figured out? You never know.

On the other hand - you could wait a couple of years for this new, more powerful XTS - that never comes... Dilemma. Right?

I'm sort of in the same boat as you. The XTS isn't really the Cadillac I want. I want something a little bigger and definitely more powerful. However - it's still tempting because the experience inside the car is so impressive...

Quote Originally Posted by SHOWGIRL View Post
    ------------------------
    Ahhhh now i understand !! (same engine -different 'results' due to weight!)....thanks so much for clarifying that. We really liked the XTS! however, we almost bought a '10 SRX but it also had a 'lag' at startup...yes a 'turbo' was available that upped the price significantly probably due to all the 'toys' that were added with it ( i.e. only available in AWD/back dvd players, etc. etc. ...so we 'walked' from that year's SRX)
    Then later GM did replace the SRX 3.0 engine with the 3.6. Bottom line DH is afraid to take this XTS for the very same reason/scene ....and will wait and see if they add a 'turbo' or 'anything' else to solve this 'start-up' lag. I'm sure there are those out there who will probably 'castigate' me - LOL -that's o.k. ...if you bought one and love it that's great ...it really 'is' a wonderful car. thanks for your help !
    Please help us keep CadillacOwners.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.

In loving memory of Angelo Anthony Quagliaralillo... Rest in peace..

DTS man33 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac DTS, Had 2000 Deville DTS and 2003 Deville DTS

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Cadillac View Post
    Any time. It is my opinion that the same thing is not going to happen with the XTS right away. I wouldn't bet my LIFE on it - but I really don't believe the turbo engine will be available for the XTS until 2015. Personally, I think it's more likely that the engine will be available in 2016 than 2014.

I now how you feel. You can buy the XTS now - have a really AMAZING vehicle - but lacks the power you want. And then - Cadillac could surprise us all and bring out a twin turbo model several months later. Is that a likely scenario? No. But not impossible either. Cadillac has been having issues with the twin turbo V6 but what if they've got it figured out? You never know.

On the other hand - you could wait a couple of years for this new, more powerful XTS - that never comes... Dilemma. Right?

I'm sort of in the same boat as you. The XTS isn't really the Cadillac I want. I want something a little bigger and definitely more powerful. However - it's still tempting because the experience inside the car is so impressive...

I follow Cadillac quite bit not only just being an owner, so I really try to figure put what GM's plans are based on what I read on the net and other places. I think the XTS may see a V6 TT but not a V8. I see alot of people asking about a v8 and that will not happen do to the fact that the Epilson platform was not designed to take a V8. But I agree with Lord Cadillac, the XTS needs more power to compete where it wants to compete where ever that is. I really wonder if the XTS will even make it to2017. If it does it will have another engine option out there. I read now that Cadillac still has not made a final say on whether to approve the flagship or not. I am not sure why Cadillac see's to justify all the money to make a electric car(ELR) which will be just a fancy Volt, but they can not decide on a flagship. Everyone knows the XTS falls miles short of a flagship but cadillac still has to just tool with the idea and can't seem to pull the trigger and make it. And then I read that they are thinking about a flagship sports coupe. Now unless it will be a Eldorado type coupe Cadillac should just give up on that market. We see how the Allante and XLR did.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.