Any major changes in store for the next XTS ? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Any major changes in store for the next XTS ? in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by Lord Cadillac The CTS is lighter so it should perform a little better than the XTS with ...
    thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Cadillac
    The CTS is lighter so it should perform a little better than the XTS with the same engine. I don't think a more powerful engine will be available until the third year of the XTS. It'll surely be considered an upgrade and will be priced accordingly. I doubt it'll be much more expensive, however.
    Are you sure?

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

Re: Any major changes in store for the next XTS ?

Quote Originally Posted by DTS man33 View Post
    I read now that Cadillac still has not made a final say on whether to approve the flagship or not. I am not sure why Cadillac see's to justify all the money to make a electric car(ELR) which will be just a fancy Volt, but they can not decide on a flagship. Everyone knows the XTS falls miles short of a flagship but cadillac still has to just tool with the idea and can't seem to pull the trigger and make it. And then I read that they are thinking about a flagship sports coupe. Now unless it will be a Eldorado type coupe Cadillac should just give up on that market. We see how the Allante and XLR did.
    Don't worry - the flagship is already in progress...

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    Are you sure?
    I'm not sure about anything with the XTS...
    Have an iPhone? Than you can get involved right now. Click here to download Cars Connected.

RicktheRealtor is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS Lux III

Another two seat sports car? Will these guys never learn?

The Tony Show is offline See you in the funny papers
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(
    Quote Originally Posted by RicktheRealtor
    Another two seat sports car? Will these guys never learn?
    There's plenty of room for a 2 seater in the lineup, as long as they learn from mistakes made on the XLR and Allante. Both were overpriced for the level of luxury and performance they (didn't) offer.

A modern XLR built with the weight conscious mentality of the ATS, paired with the interior quality of an XTS and a proper powertrain could be a phenomenal halo car for Cadillac.
    Rest in Peace, J.D. (aka Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

Quote Originally Posted by The Tony Show View Post
    There's plenty of room for a 2 seater in the lineup, as long as they learn from mistakes made on the XLR an Allante. Both were overpriced for the level of luxury and performance they (didn't) offer.

A modern XLR built with the weight conscious mentality of the ATS, paired with the interior quality of an XTS and a proper powertrain could be a phenomenal halo car for Cadillac.
    The only thing I worry about - at this point - is the drivetrain. I'm have no doubt a new two seater will be high quality, luxurious as heaven and pleasing to the eye.
    Have an iPhone? Than you can get involved right now. Click here to download Cars Connected.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Cadillac

The only thing I worry about - at this point - is the drivetrain. I'm have no doubt a new two seater will be high quality, luxurious as heaven and pleasing to the eye.
    If the weight is sub 4000lbs, put the 320hp 3.6L in it and price comparably to an SLK. It would make more sense and have a broader market than a $100k SL competitor, making it easier to recoup development costs AND give it higher visibility on the road.

If Cadillac's credibility continues to rise, a proper SL competitor on the C7 chassis could work. By then the joint GM/Ford 8 speed should be ready, plus the TT V6 or the Omega V8.

If the weight is sub 4000lbs, put the 320hp 3.6L in it and price comparably to an SLK. It would make more sense and have a broader market than a $100k SL competitor, making it easier to recoup development costs AND give it higher visibility on the road.

If Cadillac's credibility continues to rise, a proper SL competitor on the C7 chassis could work. By then the joint GM/Ford 8 speed should be ready, plus the TT V6 or the Omega V8.
    That sounds like a good plan to me...

Take the ATS chassis and use the small backseat room as a compartment for the top to fold into, retaining usable trunk space and avoiding the goofy "put this divider in place" thingies. Call it the ATR, wrap it in sexy sheetmetal and only offer the 3.6L performance or Premium option packages and I think they'd have a winner.

Take the ATS chassis and use the small backseat room as a compartment for the top to fold into, retaining usable trunk space and avoiding the goofy "put this divider in place" thingies. Call it the ATR, wrap it in sexy sheetmetal and only offer the 3.6L performance or Premium option packages and I think they'd have a winner.
    That sounds reasonable. See how it sells and then take it from there...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.