Are you happy with the power in your XTS?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Are you happy with the power in your XTS? in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I really like the XTS but felt it needed more HP on my test drive - for those who own ...
    xlr
    xlr is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Are you happy with the power in your XTS?

I really like the XTS but felt it needed more HP on my test drive - for those who own one are you happy with the engine...?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

longslim is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xlr
    I really like the XTS but felt it needed more HP on my test drive - for those who own one are you happy with the engine...?
    YES! What are you guys NASCAR drivers? ijs

b4z
    b4z is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Standard SrX grey/black

Re: Are you happy with the power in your XTS?

It has plenty of power, but you are probably not used to pushIng the accelerator down that far to get to it. The 3.6l power and tq are up high in the rpm band. It doesn't really get going until 4000 rpms.
    Its a quiet and smooth engine go ahead and take it up to 2500-3k in traffic and it will feel pretty snappy.

----------

Also, once it gets to the 1500-4000 miles there will be a few more hp and mileage should improve as well.

chrisw24 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS Premium

I believe your correct b4z, you have to get on it alot of get off the line quickly. Passing however is effortless and good.

Cadjiek is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS 2009 CTS AWD

I had to zip around some slow pokers this morning and had no problem. I didn't really even nail it either. I think that because the drivetrain and engine are so smooth, it might be deceiving. I'm satisfied. That smoothness is the first thing I notice whenever I take the car out on my first daily drive.

Pcolafan is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTS

I've had my XTS for two weeks..and I have not found it lacking for power at all... I love the car.

handymantoo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Premium XTS

I previously had a 6 in STS4 and was satisfied. The XTS with more HP and 6 speed trans is far superior and has more than enough power.

Engelman is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS Platinum

I've had mine about three weeks now, and wasn't sure about the power curve at 1st. Climbing out of a ZO6, or ZR1, my other two cars...and into an XTS takes some getting used to, both with the power, and the engine sounds.....

MikeM2013XTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    My XTS AWD seems to have plenty of power. I owned four STS's before the XTS. My 2005 RWD STS with 320 HP Northstar was quicker, but worthless in snow or ice. The 2007 AWD six cylinder was not as quick as the XTS, but I believe that 3.8 was 255 HP. It still had sufficient power.

blue_skies is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 3.6L Luxury

Quote Originally Posted by xlr View Post
    Same here, and I 'floored' the accelerator - ended up passing two cars on the on-ramp to the freeway during the test-drive.

The car is lively, but not up to par to the STS cars from earlier. 0-60 times confirm this, the XTS is rated at 6.8sec whereas the STS's ran around 6.3sec.

I don't think that it is a hp issue - the car has plenty of hp - but a torque/gearing/weight issue. With a torqier engine and an 8-speed gearing the car would hold up a lot better in traffic, in comparisons, in owner satisfaction. As is, it settles in tightly between the SRX 3.6 and the ATS 2.5 - not really very impressive - BUT any car that runs 0-60 under 7.5sec holds up quite well in traffic in general.

The XTS makes up for lack of grunt by producing a more reasonable gas mileage number.

For a 'flagship', it needs to have better numbers than the LaCrosse, imo, and not just cosmetics.
    I mean, it ought to be faster than, let's say, a Honda Accord V6 or a Toyota Camry V6 -- it is not!

docjay is offline Cadillac Owners Member

It's enough power for the car, but I would like more. It's like a Mercedes S350, when it should be an S550.

Sweetness is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Quote Originally Posted by docjay
    It's enough power for the car, but I would like more. It's like a Mercedes S350, when it should be an S550.
    It's got enough power.

BreakThrough is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe White, 2014 XTSV-Sport Black
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetness

It's got enough power.
    Power is adequate. The 3.6 is far more refined than the 3.6 in my 2008 CTS, and the XTS is not Cadillac's flagship. That has yet to be built.

Cadjiek is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS 2009 CTS AWD

The only time I have an issue with the engine is in cold weather. When I first start out it seems to be a little sluggish. Kind of bogs when when shifting. After it's warmed up it runs fine. Has enough power for me. It also sounds more refined that the 3.6 I had in my 07 STS. You can be going 25mph and nail it and it really takes off.

ral1960 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS Perf-Plat, fr 11 STS, 04 DeV, 76 Eldo Con, 74 Fltwd

Quote Originally Posted by Cadjiek View Post
    The only time I have an issue with the engine is in cold weather. When I first start out it seems to be a little sluggish.
    My DeVille felt congested the first half mile or so when it was 32 or lower. Turned out the parking brake cable had moisture in it and wasn't releasing fully.

Six weeks ago, I got the new car bug bad, looking to get a younger Northstar and car to match. Didn't like the DTS and ended up with a final year V6 STS. Now I know how hard the DeVille was working to protect me from our un-flat roads, because the STS follows every wave and bulge. Oddly though, it's as good or better than the DeVille was on small bumps. The DeVille was very lazy until you stepped on it--the STS is difficult to accelerate slowly and smoothly because of all the gear changes and jumping into high too soon. At least there's sport mode, when I remember to use it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.