Are you happy with the power in your XTS? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Are you happy with the power in your XTS? in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; This is my biggest complaint with my XTS. The3.6L engine is simply not powerful enough , without a TT, to ...
    Engelman is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS Platinum

Re: Are you happy with the power in your XTS?

This is my biggest complaint with my XTS. The3.6L engine is simply not powerful enough , without a TT, to move this 4300 car adequately. I am constantly pushing the pedal to the floor to get it going. They need to get the 3.6LTT in this car yesterday...

Quote Originally Posted by b4z View Post
    It has plenty of power, but you are probably not used to pushIng the accelerator down that far to get to it. The 3.6l power and tq are up high in the rpm band. It doesn't really get going until 4000 rpms.
    Its a quiet and smooth engine go ahead and take it up to 2500-3k in traffic and it will feel pretty snappy.

----------

Also, once it gets to the 1500-4000 miles there will be a few more hp and mileage should improve as well.

ral1960 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS Perf-Plat, fr 11 STS, 04 DeV, 76 Eldo Con, 74 Fltwd

They said when it was introduced that the 3.6 could be enlarged to 4.0L. To my thinking, that would be better than a turbo, since it should cost a lot less and should be inherently more reliable. But they'll use the 3.6TT in the ATS, CTS and Omega and others, so maybe it won't cost too much extra--except they'll force you to buy a lot of other stuff to get it. And they'll pair bone-jarring suspension/wheels with it.

SHOWGIRL is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Awesome 2010 DTS Premium(former CTS '10 owner)

Quote Originally Posted by ral1960 View Post
    They said when it was introduced that the 3.6 could be enlarged to 4.0L. To my thinking, that would be better than a turbo, since it should cost a lot less and should be inherently more reliable. But they'll use the 3.6TT in the ATS, CTS and Omega and others, so maybe it won't cost too much extra--except they'll force you to buy a lot of other stuff to get it. And they'll pair bone-jarring suspension/wheels with it.
    -------------------
    interesting you mention the 'marketing' idea of ''other stuff' inorder to get more power because that's just what GM did with the 2010 SRX/turbo. made you buy rear seat dvd's (affixed to back of front seat); 20'' tires/and other 'add-ons'' i've since forgotten about inorder to 'get' the TT's because the 2010 was only a 3.0 engine- way underpowered - but we balked on having to fork-over another $5k of 'add-ons' inorder to get more power that should have never been taken away from the previous SRX's (pre-2010) in the first place !.... so we walked.
    If GM adds the TT's but tries to push up the price & sell ''gizmos' i don't want on the next XTS ('14) then we'll scrtach that car off our list for the next car also.

Forner Benz is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTS4 PLATINUM

Quote Originally Posted by docjay View Post
    It's enough power for the car, but I would like more. It's like a Mercedes S350, when it should be an S550.
    Coming from an 07 S550, I have to say that power in my XTS is pretty good. I do find that it makes a considerable differenc if you have the transmission in sport mode, plus it's cool to be able to see what gear the transmission is in.

TomD1951 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTS

The XTS is not a first gear neck-breaker like my '64 Goat, but it will get up and go very smoothly (and will get you into trouble if you are not paying attention) and tracks like a dream, we drove Buicks for years and I thought they were nice, but the XTS is on a whole different level. Now if my wife would just let me drive it more.

SHOWGIRL is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Awesome 2010 DTS Premium(former CTS '10 owner)

Quote Originally Posted by SHOWGIRL View Post
    -------------------
    interesting you mention the 'marketing' idea of ''other stuff' inorder to get more power because that's just what GM did with the 2010 SRX/turbo. made you buy rear seat dvd's (affixed to back of front seat); 20'' tires/and other 'add-ons'' i've since forgotten about inorder to 'get' the TT's because the 2010 was only a 3.0 engine- way underpowered - but we balked on having to fork-over another $5k of 'add-ons' inorder to get more power that should have never been taken away from the previous SRX's (pre-2010) in the first place !.... so we walked.
    If GM adds the TT's but tries to push up the price & sell ''gizmos' i don't want on the next XTS ('14) then we'll scrtach that car off our list for the next car also.
    --------------------------
    PS FROM SHOWGIRL - did i mention we tested the XTS! well, we did - it was wondeful !!! pleanty of pep - hugged curves wonderful trunk/rear folding seats - gorgeous car....- you never would have realzied you're in a FWD car !!

Bigdogwes is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTS

Quote Originally Posted by xlr View Post
    I really like the XTS but felt it needed more HP on my test drive - for those who own one are you happy with the engine...?
    I came out of a 2010 3.0 SRX (underpowered). This 3.6 has plenty of power to move my XTS. For the size of the car it zips pretty good. I also love the gas mileage...23.3 combined. Perfect balance!

droldsmobile is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): escalade esv srx

I knew it was not going to be a lightning bolt when I bought it,but I don't think a $60,000.00 Cadillac should have to run and hide from $30,000.00 Honda's and Hyundai's....even the Lacrosse has better times.I also think the transmission has pretty lazy shifts-if your on it ...it has a nice crisp shift but just loafing mine seems to slip a little.
    As far as the power goes....help is on the way with a twin turbo V-6 that should solve the problem.....In classic GM form....a year later.
    Overall a very quiet nice riding and handling car just a little light in the power......for a $60,000.00 entry

BreakThrough is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe White, 2014 XTSV-Sport Black

Like BMW, Mercedes etc. Cadillac will have base engines, and optional engines. This is true in C class, E class, S Class, 3 series, 5 series, and 7 series. Not all Cadillac XTS will be produced with the twin turbo 6, nor will the market demand they be.

DG2
    DG2 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    For the respect of the customer GM has to introduce multi options first year. I know I would be pretty pissed if I purchased the XTS in 13 when the '14 will now have a twin turbo option making more then 100 hp more then base Wait another year before launch so you avoid this issue plus they would have had more time to fix gremlins in CUE.

kipsts is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013XTS Platinum, prior: 92,95,97,00,02,and 2005 STS

I am quite happy with the power of SilverFox. See my comments under the thread "Triple digit cruising."

jeffpaletz is offline Cadillac Owners Member

What is SilverFox

kipsts is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013XTS Platinum, prior: 92,95,97,00,02,and 2005 STS

A custom ordered XTS Platinum. You can see specifics and pictures under my other posts if you'd like.

Texis is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS

It has plenty of power. The transmission is rough. If you are passing on a two-lane road and are about to pull over, don't back off on the accelerator. It shifts to a very high gear with no power and if you then need to accelerate, the lag is several seconds before accelerating again. It feels like it is choking down. I'm taking it in Monday.

The problems we have had are

1. Uncomfortable drivers seat. It shows up after you drive a couple of hours. The swapped out the seat and the second was a bit better. We were told that the manufacturer has no remedy. Wife doesn't like that.

2. The CUE navigation was terrible. A firmware update has helped, but it is still worse than Apple's first navigation system. Part of the problem is voice navigation. Of course the comparison point is an iPhone.

3. The touch screen should be recessed so that it doesn't show finger prints so bad. Wife doesn't like that.

4. Transmission is't as smooth as an Avalon or Lexus. Wife doesn't like that.

5. Fabric cover for the sunroof sags. That will get worse.

6. Strange shifting at end of acceleration that feels like hesitation.

If Cadillac had offered 60 day buy back, I would have taken it in an instant. It's been to the shop twice since January and is going back Monday.

BreakThrough is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe White, 2014 XTSV-Sport Black
    Yes. Plenty of smooth power shifting through a responsive 6 spd. Excellent fit and finish including the headliner. My partner and I love the heated front adjustable seats. The magnetic ride control and Brembo brakes keep me coming back.

----------

I meant to add thoroughly enjoy the cue system and its integration with my iPhone 5, pandora etc.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.