XTS CUE mapping
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 2 Post By Cadillac Tony
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, XTS CUE mapping in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I own a 2013 XTS. I have a problem figuring out how to save maps with a name (such as ...
    Shisterm is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS

XTS CUE mapping

I own a 2013 XTS. I have a problem figuring out how to save maps with a name (such as "Marriott in Yuma") to the vehicle contact list for recall later. The CUE manual is not very clear on what steps to follow. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Cadillac Tony is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: XTS CUE mapping

Ah yes. This one threw me for a bit of curve when the XTS first came out, because it's more like creating a contact on your phone than a traditional GPS system that only saves the address. For CUE contacts, you need to pay attention to exactly what you're inputting where (name, address, email, etc).

This video should help. You'll see I initially did "Mariott Yuma", but there were a bunch of extra steps to change the Nav from Florida to Arizona, so I just used a local hotel for the sake of brevity. Hope this helps.

Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

The views and opinions of this poster are solely his own and do not represent those of Plaza Cadillac

longslim is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Tony
    Ah yes. This one threw me for a bit of curve at first, because it's more like creating a contact on your phone than a traditional GPS system that only saves the address.

Give me about 15 minutes and check back here for a video walkthrough. *edit* Make that 30. YouTube is slow today.

----------

Here you go!

I initially did "Mariott Yuma", but there were a bunch of extra steps to change the Nav from Florida to Arizona, so I just used a local hotel. Hope this helps.

YouTube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T77t96Ip2uk&feature=youtu.be
    That is very helpful,I have not been able to figure out how to save a address before. Thank you.

RippyPartsDept is online now Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

great video Tony
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Cadjiek is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS 2009 CTS AWD

The heck with the manual. Just keep giving us these these informative videos.

Shisterm is offline Cadillac Owners Member

You are a lifesaver! And yes, I wanted to treat this like a GPS. Your video has answered my questions and probably also for a lot of others. Thanks once again. Great job!

Any idea how to turn the CUE home page off and just display the clock with the audio on. I did it once before XM was playing but just a simple screen with only the clock and temp displayed. I can't figure out how I did it and so far haven't been able to do it again.

mjmonas is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Try pressing the time

CAPT Mike is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

It seems more complicated than the iDrive BMW system. Cadillac Tony - did you figure out the saving a destination by trial and error or with the manual or Ipod?

marathonman89 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS V6 DI, 2013 XTS Premium FWD

For those of you that have an Android Smartphone or iPhone take a look at the On Star Remote Link App. Once logged into the app go to the navigation tab and you can select a contact. If the contact contains an address you can download it to either Turn by Turn or On Screen Navigation. Car does not have to be running but must not be in garage. Once car is started the download to navigation will start almost immediately.

Cadillac Tony is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by CAPT Mike View Post
    It seems more complicated than the iDrive BMW system. Cadillac Tony - did you figure out the saving a destination by trial and error or with the manual or Ipod?
    I never read instructions (much to my wife's chagrin). I just played around with the system every chance I got when they first began arriving, and after a while it just clicks and makes perfect sense.

One thing I've learned is that every human interface system has its own quirks and "language", so to speak, be it an iPhone, Android, Windows, Mac, iDrive or CUE. Switching from one to the other can be frustrating, but once you un-learn your old habits and start thinking like the designers of the system did, it all falls into place.
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

The views and opinions of this poster are solely his own and do not represent those of Plaza Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by mjmonas
    Try pressing the time
    Are you serious because if so then that has no effect.

Cadjiek is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS 2009 CTS AWD

I tap on the home button and then the time in the upper right corner. It then brings up the clock for setting time and date. After about 15 seconds the time and date adjustment words go away and the clock stays on the screen with radio still playing. For some reason while the radio screen is displayed, taping the time doesn't respond as quickly. Try going back to home and then taping the time, Works for me.I have also hit the power bar or mute bar and then taped the time to bring up the clock. Then unmute.

Quote Originally Posted by Cadjiek
    I tap on the home button and then the time in the upper right corner. It then brings up the clock for setting time and date. After about 15 seconds the time and date adjustment words go away and the clock stays on the screen with radio still playing. For some reason while the radio screen is displayed, taping the time doesn't respond as quickly. Try going back to home and then taping the time, Works for me.I have also hit the power bar or mute bar and then taped the time to bring up the clock. Then unmute.
    Well done works just like you said. Would be neat if we could download different clocks widgets.
    But I've a new problem, my radio volume has repeated the uncontrolled volume increase, this is after the so called fix :-(.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.