be careful of the auto venting feature on the XTS - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, be careful of the auto venting feature on the XTS in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Use the valet mode when you want to prevent the trunk from accidently opening. Never tried to see if valet ...
    handymantoo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Premium XTS

Re: be careful of the auto venting feature on the XTS

Use the valet mode when you want to prevent the trunk from accidently opening. Never tried to see if valet mode prevents venting.

docjay is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Tony View Post
    The dealer may not want to, but you can.

Open the key fob by removing the key from its bottom edge and then gently prying it apart with a small flathead screwdriver (open from the side, bottom edge, working your way up).

Once you get inside you'll find that the buttons work by way of a magnet pressing a circuit board. Put a sticker or two over the magnet you want to disable (trunk release or door unlock), then put the fob back together.

Problem solved.
    Thank you - I had not thought of this and just tried it. I used heavy duty tape but it's not actually a magnet. So that did not work, but it did make it much less sensitive (have to push pretty hard to pop open the trunk) so hopefully it won't happen as often. Thank you again for the tip!

330GT is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1999 STS, 2014 XTS-P

I solved my problem (for now) by buying a leather business card holder. It has two pockets and is 4x2.75x0.5 thick. The thickness is expandable to 0.5. The flap folds over and closes the leather case. I made sure that the closing cover did not have a magnet - one never knows how it would affect the remote. I haven't had any issues since, but the inconveniences are obvious if you need to press on a function. You have to pull the remote from the case. The other issue is that you have something extra to drag along with you. I must say that I can open the doors and trunk with the case in my pocket. When in the car, the case is in the center arm-rest box close to the pocket where the remote is normally inserted. So far, all seems to work. I'm now trying to find something smaller like 3" instead of 4" long.

Hope that helps someone.

CAPT Mike is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS

Your answer is right on this forum; advertised as keywraps (keywraps.com). Look on the left side of the forum messages.

docjay is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CAPT Mike View Post
    Your answer is right on this forum; advertised as keywraps (keywraps.com). Look on the left side of the forum messages.
    I have tried various key fob wraps and covers. They don't work for this problem.

PC12 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTS4

I came out tonight and truck was open and full of snow.

meniisoc is offline Cadillac Owners Member

PC12, what a "delightful surprise" from the "standard of the world".

Any pictures you want to share with us, or the marketing department of Cadiilac?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.