be careful of the auto venting feature on the XTS - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, be careful of the auto venting feature on the XTS in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by CAPT Mike They stole that feature from BMW. Had it on my 04 Lincoln LS. Windows up ...
    Lifer is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac STS 1SG, 2001 Cadillac Eldorado ETC

Re: be careful of the auto venting feature on the XTS

Quote Originally Posted by CAPT Mike View Post
    They stole that feature from BMW.
    Had it on my 04 Lincoln LS. Windows up also, but would not close the moon roof. However, my moon roof was aftermarket - from the dealer, and would auto close when I turned the ignition off. I could reopen if I desired, and manually close it.

JSenecal is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

I found this in the owners manual, page 2-4:
    On some models, pressing and holding <unlock on key fob> will open all of the windows.

handymantoo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Premium XTS

Quote Originally Posted by big rich View Post
    After much ado with Cadillac found out that the feature can be disabled by the dealer. Most people at Cadillac not aware of the feature. Dealer can reprogram the key fob to remove the feature. I suggest you do it before the windows go down in a rain storm or in a bad area .be aware that most dealers do not even know this feature exists.
    good luck Rich
    I had my Premium in for software upgrade and asked dealer to remove venting while I was there. Service Department indicated that there is no way to program the remote to stop venting. Has any one actually had the remote programmed to eliminate venting?

rustybear3 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS White Pearl Turbo

The ATS apparently DOES NOT have this feature....at least I couldn't get it to work as you all described....thank goodness!

gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium

They stole that feature from BMW.
    My '06 Acura RL did this too.

big rich is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS 2010 CTS

Just heard from Cadillac this feature can not be changed by the dealer an can not be removed or deleted . so be careful where you park the car an treat the key fob with kid gloves

gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by big rich
    Just heard from Cadillac this feature can not be changed by the dealer an can not be removed or deleted . so be careful where you park the car an treat the key fob with kid gloves
    You have to press it for a LONG time for the windows to open. At least that's how it was in my Acura. It would be difficult for it to happen by accident.

docjay is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    The worst is the trunk button. Happens at least once a week where I'll find the trunk open in a public street or parking lot. Can't leave anything valuable in it. Dealer can't disable the trunk open button on the key fob.

CAPT Mike is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS

Quote Originally Posted by docjay View Post
    The worst is the trunk button. Happens at least once a week where I'll find the trunk open in a public street or parking lot. Can't leave anything valuable in it. Dealer can't disable the trunk open button on the key fob.
    Do you keep the "box" in your front pocket? If so, STOP playing pocket pool and your trouble will be over. You could always wear the box like your dog tags - but no hugging especially with large breasted women. I apologize; couldn't resist the opening.
    rjm and rjm like this.

rjm
    rjm is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '15 Escalade Premium Majestic Plum Metallic

Several friend's Lexus have done this. Worst was on one's LS460 as he left it parked outside. He said he locked it, walked inside, hung his key in its usual place and didn't touch it until next morning. Walked outside to open windows/sunroof. Unfortunately, it had rained quite heavily overnight.

Quote Originally Posted by rjm View Post
    Several friend's Lexus have done this. Worst was on one's LS460 as he left it parked outside. He said he locked it, walked inside, hung his key in its usual place and didn't touch it until next morning. Walked outside to open windows/sunroof. Unfortunately, it had rained quite heavily overnight.
    You buy a high priced vehicle, it should be garaged, but that's me. But what is also me is as we get older we may forget and then blame the damn key fob!

docjay is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Do you keep the "box" in your front pocket? If so, STOP playing pocket pool and your trouble will be over. You could always wear the box like your dog tags - but no hugging especially with large breasted women. I apologize; couldn't resist the opening.
    Where else should I keep my keys? Yes, they're in my front pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by docjay View Post
    Where else should I keep my keys? Yes, they're in my front pocket.
    Just kidding...maybe your pants are too tight...Hey I'm sorry; I just can't imagine this happening and I've had this feature on all my BMW's and the XTS4 of course.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

docjay,

I would be happy to look into this for you as well. Feel free to contact me or Katie here or you can contact me via email at tricia_marie@gmexpert.com. Be sure to include that you were contacted here and your username. Thank you in advance.

Tricia, Cadillac Customer Service (Assisting Katie).

Cadillac Tony is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Quote Originally Posted by docjay
    The dealer may not want to, but you can.

Open the key fob by removing the key from its bottom edge and then gently prying it apart with a small flathead screwdriver (open from the side, bottom edge, working your way up).

Once you get inside you'll find that the buttons work by way of a magnet pressing a circuit board. Put a sticker or two over the magnet you want to disable (trunk release or door unlock), then put the fob back together.

Problem solved.
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

The views and opinions of this poster are solely his own and do not represent those of Plaza Cadillac

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.