Bluetooth issue with Verizon ATT IPHONE 4s/5 Samsung Galaxy 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Bluetooth issue with Verizon ATT IPHONE 4s/5 Samsung Galaxy 3 in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; When using an Iphone 4s/5 from a Verizon carrier you are able to select cadillac cue (from default audio sources) ...
    macklobell is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac XTS Platinum

Bluetooth issue with Verizon ATT IPHONE 4s/5 Samsung Galaxy 3

When using an Iphone 4s/5 from a Verizon carrier you are able to select cadillac cue (from default audio sources) to have the call go directly to the cue system instead of waiting and selecting handsfree from the Cue screen. However, with the same Iphone 4s/5 from ATT the phone will just default back to iphone and you have to wait to select handsfree from the cue screen. I also tested a Samsung Galaxy S3 for Verizon and ATT and the same thing happened. I was able to select BT headset from the icon for the Verizon phone and it connected directly to the cue system, however, the att variant reverted back to the phone. Is there a fix for this yet? Why would one carrier phone work perfect and the other not? Also, when you are playing audio on your phone and it's connected to the cue system you cant hear any sound. You are also not able to transfer that sound to the cue system since their isn't an available media source. This feature is even available on a toyota camry but not a $60K cadillac.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

marathonman89 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS V6 DI, 2013 XTS Premium FWD

Re: Bluetooth issue with Verizon ATT IPHONE 4s/5 Samsung Galaxy 3

I had the same problem with a AT&T Galaxy S3. Following is my fix. Hope it applies and/or works for you.

Once phone is paired go into phone settings (most lower left icon) make sure blue-tooth is on and then press on blue-tooth icon. A sub-menu should appear with the two most bottom menu choices being: Call Audio and Media Audio. If these boxes are not check you will not get audio and if they are checked you should (I did) get audio. Somewhat convoluted but worked for me. Good luck!

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Quote Originally Posted by marathonman89
    I had the same problem with a AT&T Galaxy S3. Following is my fix. Hope it applies and/or works for you.

Once phone is paired go into phone settings (most lower left icon) make sure blue-tooth is on and then press on blue-tooth icon. A sub-menu should appear with the two most bottom menu choices being: Call Audio and Media Audio. If these boxes are not check you will not get audio and if they are checked you should (I did) get audio. Somewhat convoluted but worked for me. Good luck!
    Same thing pairing with my Pioneer nav in my Town Car...

docjay is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by marathonman89 View Post

I wish this were automatic. I don't use bluetooth because it's a tedious process to make sure both of these are checked (they're never automatically checked).

The cue product development team and Cadillac customer service should be on top of this issue yet there hasn't been one response. This is a 60k vehicle and it makes no sense why the Verizon phone works properly and not the AT&T version. My assumption is that it is an issue with the cue software. The sad thing is I logged an issue with the cue team and they are like you will find out when there is a resolution whenever . Not acceptable..

Cadillac Tony is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

I have an ATT iPhone 4s, so I'm able to test it with the CUE system to reproduce what you're experiencing. If possible, can you tell me exactly what the problem is and under what circumstances it happens?

- Incoming call while you're driving. What are you doing to answer it and what happens that you don't like?
    - Outgoing call while driving. How are you making the call and what happens that you don't like?

I'll go test my phone in an XTS and see if there's a simple solution to make it work the way you want.
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

The views and opinions of this poster are solely his own and do not represent those of Plaza Cadillac

Tony,

If you make a call from your Iphone 4s handset a popup occur that says audio sources. It should have 3 prompts (Cadillac Cue, Iphone, and Speaker). If you select Cadillac Cue, it directly defaults back to iphone and the call remains on the handset. However, with the Verizon versions it will remain on Cadillac Cue and the call will be transferred to the Cue system without selecting handsfree call from the Cue Screen.

Cadjiek is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS 2009 CTS AWD

I'm still having problems with the bluetooth contact list. I have a plain LG cell phone. When I bring up the contact list on the car's screen, most of the contacts are being combined with other names on the list. It combines parts of other contacts to come up with weird names.

Cadillac Tony is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

After talking on the phone with macklobell, I was able to reproduce the behavior he's seeing. It appears to be a difference in the software between ATT and Verizon iPhones. For anyone else having the issue, there's an easy way to get handsfree audio when dialing from the handset. After you dial or select the number on your handset, just press the "phone" shortcut at the top of the CUE screen. As soon as you see the connected call on the CUE screen, touch "handsfree" on the CUE screen and it will pick up the call.

Otherwise, I'd recommend using the natural voice recognition instead of the handset to make calls to your contacts. Using VR is simple and doesn't require any additional steps to get the audio through the speakers, plus it's a lot easier to just press the steering wheel button and say "Call Bob Smith" versus of taking out your phone, unlocking it, selecting contacts, scrolling to Bob Smith, pressing it, then pressing handsfree on the CUE screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Cadjiek View Post
    I'm still having problems with the bluetooth contact list. I have a plain LG cell phone. When I bring up the contact list on the car's screen, most of the contacts are being combined with other names on the list. It combines parts of other contacts to come up with weird names.
    This sounds to me like an issue with an older or simpler phone not providing CUE with the correct information. Bluetooth is a very open standard, which means every phone manufacturer's software has slight variations that don't always play nice with other BT devices. Cadillac CUE was designed specifically with smartphones (iPhone/Android) in mind, so it's possible some features may not work correctly on non-smartphones.

iPhone 4 models are now free with a new contract, so grab a smartphone so you can get the full benefit from CUE.
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

The views and opinions of this poster are solely his own and do not represent those of Plaza Cadillac

Cadjiek is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS 2009 CTS AWD

I know. Sometimes Iam alittle behind the times. I just got this phone 2 months ago. LOL

Another problem with the ATT version of the IPHONE 5 is that when you receive an incoming call and either press the talk button on the steering wheel or the answer button on the cue screen the call is transfered to the phone and not the speaker system in the car. Is Cadillac working on a fix?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.