Ordering / Delivery Time Frame
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Ordering / Delivery Time Frame in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I ordered my XTS Premium on 07 SEPT and am being told by my dealer that they will know when ...
    CAPT Mike is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS

Ordering / Delivery Time Frame

I ordered my XTS Premium on 07 SEPT and am being told by my dealer that they will know when delivery will be by 01 OCT. I asked if they had a build # or VIN and they glossed over the question with the above answer. I am trading a 2011 X5 Diesel and am also being told that they will honor the trade value for 30 days. The 30 days are up 07 OCT. I test drove the car and loved it, owned a '77 Eldorado years ago, but this is my first dealings with a Cadillac dealership. In my past dealings with new car ordered purchases, I always was given the build # or VIN and given a precise timeframe for delivery +/- a week or so. My question is: Is this usual and am I being too cynical/untrusting? The last GM car that I "thought" I ordered was in 2005 - a 2005 millenium yellow Corvette convertible 6 spd. That was in JAN 2005. By April 2005, I was getting a little "pithy" with the dealer who had no build # or VIN for me. GM announced that month that millenium yellow was done and I get a little excited to say the least with the dealer who then admitted that they did not have an allotment for another Vette. The stealership gave me back my $1000 deposit 3 weeks later with no apology note or interest on my money. So you can see my concerns.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: Ordering / Delivery Time Frame

Maybe I should have asked if it is normal for a Cadillac dealer to give you the build number or VIN when requested by the customer or not?

TulsaVic is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '08 DTS Performance (gone)

There was an article in GM Insider News about GM halting delivery of several models, including the XTS, because of a OnStar glitch. Could it be the dealer is unable to provide delivery info until the glitch is fixed?

That would certainly be a possible answer, but why wouldn't he inform me of the delay?

Quote Originally Posted by TulsaVic View Post
    There was an article in GM Insider News about GM halting delivery of several models, including the XTS, because of a OnStar glitch. Could it be the dealer is unable to provide delivery info until the glitch is fixed?
    Googled your info to find that this was announced on 07 SEPT with a note that it would take a few days to fix either remotely by OnStar or by reflashing of the computer. Can't imagine that things are still being held up. So I'm right back with my same question.

AtlantaGuy00 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 DTS, 2013 ATS

I think there are other problems in addition to on star with the ATS and XTS. The ATS' are weeks overdue with no good inventory in sight

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaGuy00 View Post
    I think there are other problems in addition to on star with the ATS and XTS. The ATS' are weeks overdue with no good inventory in sight
    If your info is correct, my anxiety level is rising. The dealer's stated trade value for my X5 is supposedly good "in their minds" for 30 days. The deal made on 07 SEPT given that trade value and the $1500 INCENTIVE for buyers trading a high end vehicle (like BMW's); the former expiring on 07 OCT and the latter expires on 30 OCT. On the other hand, even with OnStar problems, it would seem to me to be reasonable to have the VIN for my XTS. It will be interesting what the dealer has to say on 01 OCT.

docjay is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CAPT Mike

If your info is correct, my anxiety level is rising. The dealer's stated trade value for my X5 is supposedly good "in their minds" for 30 days. The deal made on 07 SEPT given that trade value and the $1500 INCENTIVE for buyers trading a high end vehicle (like BMW's); the former expiring on 07 OCT and the latter expires on 30 OCT. On the other hand, even with OnStar problems, it would seem to me to be reasonable to have the VIN for my XTS. It will be interesting what the dealer has to say on 01 OCT.
    Just FYI, the incentive is if you own a high end vehicle - not necessarily when you trade one in. So if you're better off privately selling, do it!

Cadjiek is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS 2009 CTS AWD

I was notified right after delivery that there is a problem with air bag deployment notification to Onstar. There is no problem with deployment but Onstar won't be aware of it. They said to push the Onstar emergency button in case of a deployment. How would I do that if I was unconcious??

Thanks for the info. Selling stuff privately for what my BMW is worth is tough to do. More folks prefer the dealer who can give them a Certified add'l warranty and easier financing through the car comapny.

Quote Originally Posted by Cadjiek View Post
    I was notified right after delivery that there is a problem with air bag deployment notification to Onstar. There is no problem with deployment but Onstar won't be aware of it. They said to push the Onstar emergency button in case of a deployment. How would I do that if I was unconcious??
    In the military, we would call that "lack of attention to detail."

thebigjimsho is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaGuy00
    No, they're not.

caitlex is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX

I ordered my 2013 SRX on August 23rd and on September 11th was notified that they have built it. Then today, September 20th they emailed me to say that it left the factory and on its way to Tampa, FL (two hours north of me) to go through the quality control process and then will be sent to my dealership. Counting the days!!!!!!!

ddawson is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS PREMIUM SEDAN 3.6 RWD

[QUOTE=caitlex;3092116]I ordered my 2013 SRX on August 23rd and on September 11th was notified that they have built it. Then today, September 20th they emailed me to say that it left the factory and on its way to Tampa, FL (two hours north of me) to go through the quality control process and then will be sent to my dealership. Counting the days!!!!!!![/Q

ddawson is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS PREMIUM SEDAN 3.6 RWD

Did you order the Driver Assist Package?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.