XTS Rear Air Suspension
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, XTS Rear Air Suspension in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Each morning when I start my XTS the air compressor cranks away for about one min. I don't remember it ...
    handymantoo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Premium XTS

XTS Rear Air Suspension

Each morning when I start my XTS the air compressor cranks away for about one min. I don't remember it doing that when I first purchased the car. My thought a leak in the air system. Before I go back to the dealer I thought I'd see if any one else has noticed a similar occurance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Has there been temp changes lately?

Jim W is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 2013 XTS

Re: XTS Rear Air Suspension

I haven't noticed the compressor but I am getting a high pitched whistle sound from rear when car is slowing after a run.
    Dealer has heard it but not sure what it is.
    Taking it in tomorrow, so will report back.
    Premium AWD 3800 miles.
    Has anyone else heard this sound

CAPT Mike is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS

I hear strange sounds from the rear suspension, but I'm pretty certain that this is "normal." Noises have been heard from that area with my '77 Eldorado to my (traded) 2011 BMW X5. Without the variable suspension, you get quiet when you parked in the garage. And just FYI, Harley tour bikes have air suspension in the rear and unlike the Gold Wings that have a compressor on board, they have to be checked and manually pumped up when needed and the PSI is dependent on the load being carried. The air will fluctuate due to temp, humidity, hours of riding, etc. So there can be a lot of variables that will kick the XTS compressor on and off. Compressor make funny noises.

CDN XTS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1995 SLS -> 2003 STS ->2013 XTS Platinum

Per Manual

"........ The system may exhaust (lower vehicle height) for up to 10 minutes after the engine has been turned off. You may hear the air compressor operating when the height is being adjusted; this is normal. If the compressor runs often for longer than one minute within the same trip and the vehicle remains low in the rear, see your dealer for service."

Is this perhaps the noise to which you are referring?

pmnef Guest

I have this noise and it is also when I am driving slowly. I brought it to the dealer and they told me it was normal.

JoeGrapes is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS4

Mine did the same thing. The compressor started to get really loud when I first start the car and then stop after about 5 seconds. I had the dealer look at it but they said all was fine. I knew it wasn't since it never made any noise before. After about a month the compressor finally quit and the car tilted to the right. The dealer replaced the compressor and the sensor under warranty and now it's fine. The car actually rides better now. I'm thinking the compressor my have been pumping up more than it should with no weight in the car giving it a harsher ride.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.