August 24 Wall Street Journal Article RE: XTS & CUE. Read article comments.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, August 24 Wall Street Journal Article RE: XTS & CUE. Read article comments. in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; The CUE dashboard interface in Cadillac's cool new XTS sedan should take only a couple of weeks to get used ...
    marathonman89 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS V6 DI, 2013 XTS Premium FWD

August 24 Wall Street Journal Article RE: XTS & CUE. Read article comments.

The CUE dashboard interface in Cadillac's cool new XTS sedan should take only a couple of weeks to get used to for tech-savvy drivers, says Dan Neil. For others, maybe a used Fleetwood Brougham?

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...DS=rumble+seat

I have owned a Premium with Sunroof for two months, 1.2k miles . While I love the car, CUE has been disappointing except for the Nav.

For the record this is not a troll. Just putting the article our there as I think it and the comments thereto have some validity.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by marathonman89
    The CUE dashboard interface in Cadillac's cool new XTS sedan should take only a couple of weeks to get used to for tech-savvy drivers, says Dan Neil. For others, maybe a used Fleetwood Brougham?

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...DS=rumble+seat

I have owned a Premium with Sunroof for two months, 1.2k miles . While I love the car, CUE has been disappointing except for the Nav.

For the record this is not a troll. Just putting the article our there as I think it and the comments thereto have some validity.
    I thought this was a fair article. When I played with CUE while waiting for my oil change I experienced a little of what Neil mentions, I suspect, as he said, the more you play with it, the more you learn how it likes it's buttons to be pushed.

TulsaVic is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '08 DTS Performance (gone)

Re: August 24 Wall Street Journal Article RE: XTS & CUE. Read article comments.

Maybe it's age. Maybe it's the finger tip calouses from guitar fingerpicking, but I did not sense any tactile feedback when I played with CUE at the dealer. A slight electrical shock would probably work better for me....

As for the reviews, it's pretty much 100% now that the press thinks Cadillac did a pretty good job in all areas...except in deciding which engine to put in the car. You can argue V6 vs V8 all you want. But the consensus is GM should have thought a little bit harder and found something a bit more powerful for their fleet leader car.

DG2
    DG2 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Quote Originally Posted by TulsaVic
    Maybe it's age. Maybe it's the finger tip calouses from guitar fingerpicking, but I did not sense any tactile feedback when I played with CUE at the dealer. A slight electrical shock would probably work better for me....

As for the reviews, it's pretty much 100% now that the press thinks Cadillac did a pretty good job in all areas...except in deciding which engine to put in the car. You can argue V6 vs V8 all you want. But the consensus is GM should have thought a little bit harder and found something a bit more powerful for their fleet leader car.
    True. At least a a turbo V6

longslim is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Mines goes as fast as I need it to. I can merge on LA busy highways easily and then cruise at 80. The car rides very smooth and quiet with more than enough power. What the big deal with having a V8 with $4 a gallon gas, the 6 is working for me. Is the lack of a V8 engine just a penis issue for the critics ie mines is bigger than yours? I prefer the economy and power combination of this car coming from a 3.5l 268hp Avalon. So far I'm getting about 13.9 on average, @400 mile so the sample size is very small. The CUE is tricky but after sitting in car and going through the menu for an half hour it's pretty simple. Try going from using an iPhone daily for three year to a Samsung Galaxy 3 now that was hard.

DG2
    I think the feeling from the press is that it's not just because it does not have a V8 rather the XTS has the same engine as the Chevy Traverse, Enclave, Buick Lacross etc. you are right it's a fine engine however the top-of-the-line Cadillac should have something special

RicktheRealtor is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS Lux III

Quote Originally Posted by DG2 View Post
    I think the feeling from the press is that it's not just because it does not have a V8 rather the XTS has the same engine as the Chevy Traverse, Enclave, Buick Lacross etc. you are right it's a fine engine however the top-of-the-line Cadillac should have something special
    Exactly!!

TulsaVic is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '08 DTS Performance (gone)

Quote Originally Posted by DG2 View Post
    Yup.

hueterm is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): See my sig...
    If two Hyundais can have a modern 5.0L 400+ HP V8 engine, the fact that the largest available Cadillac sedan (@$60K) can't -- is fail.

/debate
    NOW
    '04 Escalade EXT (8/07-?)
    '70 Grand Prix Model J (4/09-?)
    '95 Roadmaster Estate (4/10-?)
    '94 Roadmaster Estate (5/10-?)
    '08 DTS Platinum (2/11-?)
    '97 Riviera S/C ('06-08 and 8/11-?)
    '85 Toronado Caliente (4/14-?)

PAST
    '92 Toronado ('95-99)
    '99 Grand Prix GTP ('99-02)
    '02 Avalanche North Face ('02-04)
    '93 Roadmaster ('04-07)
    '04 Avalanche Z71 ('04-07)
    '00 Eldorado ETC ('08-11)
    '95 Deville Concours ('07-11)

NEXT
    '71-72 Riviera
    '86-91 M-B 560SEC

marathonman89 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS V6 DI, 2013 XTS Premium FWD

Your point is taken. However, I drove a Hyundai Genesis R-Spec for an hour two days before I bought my XTS Premium. Admittedly the V8 was awesome, but the wow factor stopped there for me. Save for the so so navigation there were no other connectivity accessories available and the interior was not nearly up to that of the XTS. Then again for about $18k less than my Premium there was a lot of bang for the buck in the Genesis R-Spec. Nevertheless, for the most part I love my XTS and really didn't want to be driving a Hyundai.

DG2
    Plus the XTS is in class by itself for both interior and exterior styling

docjay is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    The car may not accelerate very quickly, but it's got enough power once you've got going. What is sport mode below drive? I know you can use the paddle shift, but it shifts automatically in that mode too. Anybody know what changes?

By the way, can my passenger seriously not enter an address into the navigation while I'm driving??? That's annoying.

docjay is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DG2
    Plus the XTS is in class by itself for both interior and exterior styling
    It's definitely something special. Love it.

HansK is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '08 CTS4 Blue Chip

Quote Originally Posted by docjay View Post
    The car may not accelerate very quickly, but it's got enough power once you've got going. What is sport mode below drive? I know you can use the paddle shift, but it shifts automatically in that mode too. Anybody know what changes?

By the way, can my passenger seriously not enter an address into the navigation while I'm driving??? That's annoying.
    My understanding was that it sensed where the input was coming from and was going to allow passengers to interact w/ CUE but restrict the driver. That may have been cut, I can't say because I have only played w/ pre-production CUE

Cadjiek is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS 2009 CTS AWD

I found out about that the other day. I just entered the address with the voice control and it turned out fine. My car seems to have become more peppy after I got 485 miles on it. I had a Northstar in my 2001 DeVille, a 3.6 v6 in my 2007 STS and the engine in the XTS is just fine with me. It's also so much smoother and quieter than the other two Caddys I had. This is the way I llike it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.