Cue volume sticking 100%
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Cue volume sticking 100% in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Today my radio volume increased by it self and I couldn't control or lower it. The dealer said it's a ...
    longslim is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Cue volume sticking 100%

Today my radio volume increased by it self and I couldn't control or lower it. The dealer said it's a know issue and easy to fix. I'm glad it happen this soon and they where aware of it. I was going in anyway in the dealer prep my windows where deeply scratch. I hope this is just a new car issue and not a harbinger of things to come with the XTS.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

wthomas33 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX 2013 XTS4 ..had 07 DTS 01 Deville 97 elDo 86 dvll

Re: Cue volume sticking 100%

I have had the ground fix for the volume applied but it did not fix the problem. They replaced the entire center stack but the problem has arisen yet again. Waiting for instructions from the dealer on next steps to correct this issue. It seems to exacerbate itself more when the center door is opened.

Wow they told me it was a software issue. And a ground wire that was not properly done. I have left the car at dealer for next day or so to fix this and polish all my window. For some unknown reason they used steel wool pad to clean hard water spot on the windshield. They think it cause scratching so bad they must polish all the windows. Gave me a loaner and said don't call us we will call you smh.

Longslim, I had the problem two days after i picked up my car, 6 weeks ago. I called and they said there was a recall on it for a ground wire. Brought the car in and they applied this ground wire recall. one day later it did it again. Called the dealer and the ordered a new center stack. That came in a week later and was replaced. two weeks ago, the problem happened again. if i left the center door open, the volume wouldn't go up automatically. i turned off the car and got out and let it reset (lock) then open and try again with the same issues. I was on a long drive so i just left the door open so I could listen to the radio. I stopped to fill up the tank and when i started again the problem was gone. very frustrating and the dealer isn't sure what to do now....

Pick car up today so far no problem. But my window issue was a big deal I guess. They have decide to replace all the window in my car. Parts are on order since there aren't any in stock on west coast. Once they come from factory then they will install all new window. Got to admit this worry's the shit out of me but I can't complain, must be costing the dealer a grip of money.

DG2
    DG2 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Quote Originally Posted by longslim
    Pick car up today so far no problem. But my window issue was a big deal I guess. They have decide to replacie all the window in my car. Parts are on order since there aren't any in stock on wesr coast. Once they come from factory then they will install all new window. Got to admit this worrys the shit out of me but I can't complain, must be costing the dealer a grip of money.
    Yikes. First year gremlins. The risk any buyer takes buying a first year car with brand new technology espcially first runs off the line Applies to any manufacturer You get to enjoy being one of the first on the block with the new toy but it comes at a cost.

Been there with my BMW X5.

kennbill100 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS

Just took delivery of my new XTS. Really pleased with it.

However, when the dealer was showing me the CUE system, the volume started to to go up on its own and keep going up. Also could not shut off the radio. The sales manager had me get out, lock the car, restart it and then the problem was gone, until I got home and the same thing happened twice. The Center Stack opening seems to be part of the problem, don't know about the ground wire. The "haptic feedback" seems to keep going off when the door is closed and the volume keep going up. Dealer seemed to be surprised, did not say there was a recall.

Anyone actually have this and got it fixed? what did they have to do?

kennbill100, since the CUE system is based on some variance of the Linux OS, I guess a reboot of the car is needed every now and again. I have had the same problem, but it has not come back in over 3 weeks with nothing being done to correct it. I have ~6000 miles on the car now and its been great.

cblove is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 BMW 535ix M Sport & 2010 Escalade

Only recall I am aware of is:

Recall 12187 automatic crash response system.

Onstar required a software patch which required the reprograming of SDM

The whole process took 30 minutes. My car is an 08/12 build.

I have not experienced the cue volume issue. I brought this up to the service dept and they were aware of the condition and it had happened to other customers. Since my car had not experienced the issue
    nothing was done.

big rich is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS 2010 CTS

Has anyone gotten a fix to the problem . I have an xts for about a month ,with around 2,000 miles on it now and the problem just started. Called the cue group and they were no help . have an appointment with the dealer on Wed. They were not aware of the problem either?

cblove is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 BMW 535ix M Sport & 2010 Escalade

This whole thing makes me nervous.

Cadillac Tony is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

I've only seen it happen to vehicles without the ground fix completed, but that certainly doesn't mean there isn't a software gremlin.

For those of you with XTSs, the upper left corner of the black center stack (just below the touch screen) has a small "power" button. Tapping the icon mutes the radio, while pressing and holding it powers the CUE system down completely and puts a clock on the screen. If your volume does go up unexpectedly and can't be turned down using the volume slider on the center stack, try tapping this button to mute the radio.

I know it isn't a fix, but at least you won't blast your speakers or eardrums out while you're trying to safely stop and restart the car. In the meantime, if I see any other bulletins or mention of this issue (post ground fix), I'll let you all know.
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

The views and opinions of this poster are solely his own and do not represent those of Plaza Cadillac

big rich is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS 2010 CTS

Hi the mute button will not work . its only works for a fraction of a second then goes back to full volume. I had it my dealer yesterday and he said there was a software fix for that an a door lock issue and a sofware fix for heat/Ac Temp. problem. he fixedall three?

we will see
    Big Rich

Cadjiek is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS 2009 CTS AWD

Big Rich, what's the deal with the door lock issue and heat/AC?

Cadjiek

Quote Originally Posted by big rich
    Hi the mute button will not work . its only works for a fraction of a second then goes back to full volume. I had it my dealer yesterday and he said there was a software fix for that an a door lock issue and a sofware fix for heat/Ac Temp. problem. he fixedall three?

we will see
    Big Rich
    Mines was fixed along with three other issues. The service guy said the outside temp was not being read correctly by the system. This cause the climate control to malfunction for interior temperature control.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.