Cadillac Owners Forum banner

CUE volume sticking 100%

26K views 32 replies 21 participants last post by  Excalibur 
#1 · (Edited)
Today my radio volume increased by it self and I couldn't control or lower it. The dealer said it's a know issue and easy to fix. I'm glad it happen this soon and they where aware of it. I was going in anyway in the dealer prep my windows where deeply scratch. I hope this is just a new car issue and not a harbinger of things to come with the XTS.

#31 ·
The radio volume increased to 100% while driving down the highway in a 2015 cadillac. Very dangerous situation, trying to mute or decrease volume while pulling over to the side of the road safely. Plus almost busted eardrums. Mute button on CUE did not work, and only the steering wheel button for "down volume" worked, but let go and volume rose by itself again. Trying to steer while holding thumb on down volume was not very safe. This has happened 3 times in the last month while out of state from my original dealership. From reading similar problems all the way back to 2012 on this thread, I am hoping someone has found a permanent fix for this defect, not just a temporary "hard reset" or "ground wire mod" that doesn't really fix it. Wife refuses to drive it anymore. Help.

#33 ·
Same problem with mine. If you find a permanent fix for this defect, please post a reply. Dale2015.
See thread below for possible reason and fix. Post #6.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.