Cue volume sticking 100% - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Cue volume sticking 100% in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by DG2 Yikes. First year gremlins. The risk any buyer takes buying a first year car with brand ...
    CAPT Mike is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS

Re: Cue volume sticking 100%

Quote Originally Posted by DG2 View Post
    Yikes. First year gremlins. The risk any buyer takes buying a first year car with brand new technology espcially first runs off the line Applies to any manufacturer You get to enjoy being one of the first on the block with the new toy but it comes at a cost.

Been there with my BMW X5.
    But this is not 1964; it's 2012 and these issues should not be so common. Ok, software issues should be easily remedied at the dealership or by OnStar communication with the vehicle's computer. I also own an X5 Diesel and the vehicle had some software issues but it did not affect driveability or sanity (re radio volume problem). Are we back to the 60's when we brought the car back at 1000 mile checkup with a list for the dealer to fix? That's ridiculous.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Quote Originally Posted by CAPT Mike

But this is not 1964; it's 2012 and these issues should not be so common. Ok, software issues should be easily remedied at the dealership or by OnStar communication with the vehicle's computer. I also own an X5 Diesel and the vehicle had some software issues but it did not affect driveability or sanity (re radio volume problem). Are we back to the 60's when we brought the car back at 1000 mile checkup with a list for the dealer to fix? That's ridiculous.
    Happens with BMWs, too...

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

Quote Originally Posted by CAPT Mike View Post
    Well, if it makes you feel any better, my mom's Lexus had a problem where the volume kept decreasing on its own. As you drove, you had to keep cranking it up.

Doesnt seem like a big deal until you park, get back in, and the volume is suddenly near full blast.

Personally, I prefer a radio with a rotary knob.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    Happens with BMWs, too...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesda View Post
    Well, if it makes you feel any better, my mom's Lexus had a problem where the volume kept decreasing on its own. As you drove, you had to keep cranking it up.

Doesnt seem like a big deal until you park, get back in, and the volume is suddenly near full blast.

Personally, I prefer a radio with a rotary knob.

It just seems that there are many more problems than I would expect or is it just this forum serving as a sounding board? I have to admit that I am one who likes to trade every 2-4 years and have had many vehicles over the years. With the exception of a software update or an improved electronic "servo" replaced, I have not had issues with radio volume, paint problems, etc in the last 40 years. I guess I must be lucky having missed the lemon parade. Knock on wood! Seriously, it just seems to me that to keep us buying American made vehicles that the GM's, Ford's, et al would be more anal in building and delivering the vehicles. Stating that "well it's the new model and one should expect glitches" is just not acceptable any more.

The Tony Show is offline See you in the funny papers
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(

Forums are gathering places for complaining about problems. Most people don't feel the need to post "Love my car!" every day there isn't a problem, but rush here to comment on an issues the moment they happen. Check any import forum and you'll find similar tales of rude dealers, poor assembly, failed parts and any other stories comparable to these.

As far as quality goes, here's a fun test: Let's Google "2013 BMW Problem" and see what happens. Oh look! Oil pump failures, recalls and BMW telling people not to drive their cars. Paragons of quality, those guys.

I wonder if "2013 Mercedes Problem" will yield better results? Let's see. Goodness... a recall for "fire risk"? Doesn't sound very perfect now, does it?

Well someone has to be building these perfect cars, so let's try "2013 Lexus Problem". Uh oh- a recall for steering problems. Hmph.

Am I making a point here? If we were able to build perfect cars, warranties wouldn't exist because the cars would never have issues. They all break, don't work or have flaws from time to time, and luxury brands have a process in place to take care of the issues with a minimal fuss to the consumer. If you're going to base a purchase decision on forum posts, then you're never going to buy anything. There are horror stories on forums for every single brand.
    Rest in Peace, J.D. (aka Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

I hear you Tony and I have to agree with your analysis. Too bad there isn't a forum to quantify the "good, the bad, and the ugly." And like I said in my discourse, my problems have been minimal with all the many vehicles and motorcycles that I have purchased over the years.

TulsaVic is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '08 DTS Performance (gone)

The one item that for me is a ZERO excuse is from the guy with the White Diamond paint that appeared to be a "learning" paint job. You can't expect to find software gremlins easily. But really, a $55K car with a bad factory paint job?

Cadjiek is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS 2009 CTS AWD

If you are talking about my situation, you absolutley correct. They do a half azz repair job at the factory and they must think the customer is stupid and and won't see it. It took me a week but I eventually did. Cadillac should be ashamed that they would ship a car to a dealership with that kind of repair. This is the kind of stuff that got them in big trouble. Maybe they didn't learn their lesson yet. They have been building cars for years. Things like defective upper and lower control arms, hood latches, and steering rack on my 07 STS are things they have been assemblying for years. It came like that right off the assembly line. Sorry for the rant.

Cadjiek is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS 2009 CTS AWD

I should have added though, aside from the paint problem, the build quality from my 07 STS and this XTS is night and day. In the XTS"S favor of course.

scottystang is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac ATS 3.6L Performance AWD

Hey everyone,

Just purchased a 2013 Cadillac ATS 3.6L Performance AWD and I love it! However, I'm experiencing this same issue. Twice now my volume has got stuck going straight to full volume with the heptic feedback making the sound all on it's own. Both times it was triggered soon after opening/closing the mechanical door front panel thing. I'm pretty bummed since I'm already experiencing issues with a car that cost $50k.

I also had all of the gauges stop working on a recent ride home from work. After I let the car sit for a while and started it again, the gauges worked normally.

I guess there are bugs with such a new car and system like CUE. I hope the deal can fix these issues. Sounds like a ground wire might be the issue?

dmw15 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '14 SRX

I know this is an old thread, but the problem with the radio volume happened in my 1 week old '14 SRX today. Customer support thought they corrected with the '13, but apparantly not. Did the reset and it works again, but time will tell.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by dmw15 View Post
    I know this is an old thread, but the problem with the radio volume happened in my 1 week old '14 SRX today. Customer support thought they corrected with the '13, but apparantly not. Did the reset and it works again, but time will tell.
    Hello dmw15,

Congratulations on the new SRX. I hope you are enjoying your new ride aside from this one concern.

I apologize that you are experiencing this issue with the radio volume on your SRX. It looks like you have resolved it on your own, but if it occurs again please let me know and I would be happy to look into the concern on your behalf.

Have a great night,

Austin J.
    Cadillac Customer Care

bp044 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 3.6 Premium

I'm having the same problem-- or a version thereof-- on my 2-day-old ATS. On mine, it's that a couple of hours into a day-trip, the volume reduced to zero and any attempt to raise it would do so only temporarily-- as soon as you stop raising the volume it decreases itself to zero again. Further, the volume indication on the screen made it so that GPS system was basically inoperable-- or at ;east very, very difficult to use.

Loving my new ATS in every other way but a little unclear from the posts in this thread-- is there a fix available?

FWIW, I did (very accidentally) open and close the Cue storage compartment door many times during the day-- is that considered to be part of the cause?

Any input most appreciated.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.