Cadillac CUE-iPhone problems
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Cadillac CUE-iPhone problems in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I am new to the forum and became a member in hopes of connecting with others who may have the ...
    Byrd103 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTS

Cadillac CUE-iPhone problems

I am new to the forum and became a member in hopes of connecting with others who may have the same problem. I am starting to be disappointed with the CUE system in my XTS. The SMS/text integration which was advertised is non existent. In my owners manual there is supposed to be an SMS app on the CUE screen that would allow the user to send texts via voice command. Not there. Another problem is that when my car is running and CUE is paired with my iPhone 4, when I receive a text message there is no audible alert from either my phone or the CUE system speakers. So when I'm driving and I get a text it only vibrates and I miss messages. Very annoying. I called the CUE help line and got nowhere except to be told that the advertised SMS app is not yet available (then why advertise it?) and no solution to the muted text alerts.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

DG2
    DG2 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrd103
    I am new to the forum and became a member in hopes of connecting with others who may have the same problem. I am starting to be disappointed with the CUE system in my XTS. The SMS/text integration which was advertised is non existent. In my owners manual there is supposed to be an SMS app on the CUE screen that would allow the user to send texts via voice command. Not there. Another problem is that when my car is running and CUE is paired with my iPhone 4, when I receive a text message there is no audible alert from either my phone or the CUE system speakers. So when I'm driving and I get a text it only vibrates and I miss messages. Very annoying. I called the CUE help line and got nowhere except to be told that the advertised SMS app is not yet available (then why advertise it?) and no solution to the muted text alerts.
    That is disappointing to hear and hopefully Cadillac will have a fix soon. Keep us in the loop.

Re: Cadillac CUE-iPhone problems

Still no fix. Seems Cadillac does not care that their flagship driver control system has flaws and is frustrating customers.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Over text messages? Remind me not to kick your dog...

Yes, silly of me to expect my $60,000 car to do what the owners manual says it should. What was I thinking?!?!?

DG2
    DG2 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Software updates needed ASAP !

----------

The risk if buying a brand new technology. Well, at least the engine and driveline are proven.

cadillacricket is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

We're still looking for these software updates?

pkadanec is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS

The last time i saw the answer to this from someone at Cadillac it was (and i am paraphrasing).. Due to safety concerns we are working with the department of transportation (or some such government agency) on how to safely implement this option. The decision was made to pull this feature from the release after the manuals were already printed...(disclaimer I am writing this from memory and i do not work for GM)

I found this amusing, since multiple other manufactures offer this feature and have for some time...

Stoofpilot is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Platinum XTS

Just what we need. Trying to send and answer text messages while driving. Just because some junior marketing person put it in the manual does not make it a good idea.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.