May purchase a platinum next week: my concerns though - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, May purchase a platinum next week: my concerns though in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I have an Audi A6 now, and whenever I consider a new car I get a compliment on the Audi....
    Ormond is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ex-Allante owner

Re: May purchase a platinum next week: my concerns though

I have an Audi A6 now, and whenever I consider a new car I get a compliment on the Audi.

DG2
    DG2 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Quote Originally Posted by Ormond
    I have an Audi A6 now, and whenever I consider a new car I get a compliment on the Audi.
    You'll get more compliments with the XTS !!

docjay is offline Cadillac Owners Member

The stealer is offering me $800 credit towards their aftermarket wheels if I trade in the Platinum wheels... and they'll factor the new wheels into the lease. Hmmm

Gave it more thought and I'm going to try and avoid aftermarket since my goal has been to find my first car to drive as it comes and the XTS is it. If the wheels really bother me later, I'll replace them but they're not that bad. So, after stopping by the dealer again today and sitting in the XTS for the fourth time, I asked them to find me a black/black platinum and I'll seal the deal as soon as they locate one to dealer trade Excited.

SunnDogg is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

Congratulations! I drove the XTS and A6 again back-to-back today and still cannot decide. Black/black is a great color combination. Don't forget to post some pictures when you get your XTS.

Thank you! Take your time, it's a big decision. I also test drove a few cars and slept on the idea for several nights. The decision only became clear today. I'll be sure to keep the forum updated and post pics as soon as it's in my possession.

I wish they'd use the wheels they used on the concept car on the platinum http://autoworld.files.wordpress.com...roit-img_2.jpg

Dealer was able to locate one and I'm applying now for the lease and may have it as early as tomorrow! Excited.

5.0 lsc is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS Premium
    Ha im 24 in a DTS and its nicer than most of my friends cars. I guess its all how you drive it.

Next point, you cant compare an 05 v8 to a 12 v6. If caddy wouldve done the right thing and put a new v8 in the xts, what kind of power would it have? 375 horse? 395?

I drove the xts and yes it was nice, but honestly didnt make me want to get out of the dts. I still like the way my engine/exhaust sounds...i still like the classic shapes of my car....and i still like a volume knob. Im 50/50 on the exterior.

The lighting was unreal though. Ive never seen a car with such spectacular lighting. The interior as a whole was amazing. Also 20"s standard? Thats what im talking about!

Unfortunately i will most likely be forced into an xts in the next comming years, i have a feeling the "xls" will be out of my price range.

Thanks everybody for the great input. I decided on getting a black/black platinum and it's being delivered to my home tomorrow afternoon. Will post pictures shortly thereafter (probably in the pics thread)!

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

RSA is not a great tire. But it's not as horrible as some people claim. I am just surprised they are putting such a low profile tire on a car like the XTS. But I guess that's the trend now. Hopefully the XTS handles well, so you can avoid potholes.

Lev Blekher is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS Performance/1996 Dodge Stratus ES

5.0 lsc, those are pretty much my exact reasons for loving my DTS over the XTS, and wanting the next higher car when the time comes. I'm sure a lot of people feel this way and Cadillac won't miss the opportunity to get that share of the market.

Lev Blekher is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS Performance/1996 Dodge Stratus ES

Congrats! Can't wait to see the pics. You say it will be delivered right to your home?

Quote Originally Posted by Lev Blekher View Post
    Congrats! Can't wait to see the pics. You say it will be delivered right to your home?
    Hi Lev,
    I thought the dealer is putting it on a truck, but a driver drove the car here and someone followed him to take him back. Nice perk, but they put 120 miles on it and I had no idea. It doesn't count against the miles that come with the lease, but still. Pretty cool that it comes with an iPad. I'm going to need it to learn CUE!

Here are some pictures as promised

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.