Cadillac Owners Forum banner

SiriusXM 3month trial package

9K views 30 replies 15 participants last post by  Cadjiek 
#1 ·
Does your SiriusXm 3 month trial package include weather? Mine was fuctioning when we went to pick up my car and the salesperson was explaining the functions of CUE. The next day I touched the weather icon and it said my subscription has expired. Please cal 1-800----. I called and was told it
does not include weather. It does include traffic (Which does work fine).

#10 ·
SiriusXM's customer support ppl are the worst. I called and asked what it would cost to keep the 'service I currently have' as they are. They asked what I had and couldn't tell from their end. Then they told me a price. I asked if that included weather and was told a different higher price. I really wish they could get there act in order as I like the service but HATE having to deal with them.

#12 ·
My weather is still working. On Saturday I was in the car fooling around (with CUE) when a weather alert for a freeze warning poped up. The last vocal traffic alert I heard was a couple of weeks ago on Hall Road that there were lane closures ahead (any of you familiar with road repairs on Hall Road know what I'm talkin about!!).

#14 ·
stlxts said:
Email got me someone to talk to past initial level of service who told me cue does not have weather available and could only resend signal. So far no weather our nab audio.

Does anyone have functioning weather and nav audio!!!!
No joy on Cue weather for my XTS as well. I call and have had two signal sent and nothing happens. Anyone no how we can get Caddy's tech support to look in to the problem. Someone mention they have a dedicated CUE support staff,

#16 ·
Nothing has changed in 24 years. 24 years ago, I ordered a brand new Corvette. After I had the car for several months and everything seemed fine, I receive a letter stating that a suspension component of the rear independent suspension was faulty and could break resulting in death to the vehicle's occupants. I quickly called my dealer who had not received the notice yet, but checked while I was on the phone and confirmed the problem. I said to him, :let's set up an appt and get her fixed." The reply was that the parts would not be available from GM for 60-90 days and he recommended that I park the Vette. And was he going to make the payments for the 3 idle months? After he stopped laughing...well you know what he said. So I called the GM Customer Service HQ. They were as knowledgeable as the Cue people from your description-they did not know of the problem; they did not know when it would be resolved;they did not know what GM/Chevy could do for me for the 60-90 day inconvenience; they did wish me to "have a good day." BTW, I continued to drive the Vette and when the part did come, it was found that my car was one of the few "good to go" ones and did not need a new part.

#21 ·
I purchased a new XTS and a Equinox during the last 3 months and they now sent me the prices to extend the service. The basic monthly charge for the Equinox is $4.00 more than the XTS. Go figure!!!!!

----------

Are weather and nav apps any good. I had them for less than a week. I have had my xts for 8 weeks
Not sure I will renew after 3 months. The weather app info is too broad. I live in RI and I receive a weather alert for freeze warning in NY. Also the closest I can zoom in on the weather radar is an area from the Great Lakes to Cape Cod. Each pixel covers a quarter of the state of RI. NO DETAIL. The traffic report information is often stale and not up to date. I travel to Cape Cod and twice it didn't mention the two mile back up at the canal. I find the info on my smartphone much more accurate and the price is right. For the money SiriusXm charge for these apps the product should be alot better.

#18 ·
Still no weather/traffic
I have exhausted xm's ability to fix problem they say. Asked for local rep. I have left it with my contact person with Cadillac infotainment. She has numbers I had with xm. Hope they can work this out.? Wonder how many really having problems and hire many care.

#22 ·
If you have the apps, great. For me the aids would be ok just to try. The main problem is the poor service and the lack of structure to troubleshoot and correct the problem when new cars are your bread and butter. The button line-many businesses would go under including mine very quickly but i have competition

#26 ·
My weather app is no longer working. Called XM many times with no luck. Called CUE Hot line, no luck either. XM tells me that my 2013 XTS is not capable of weather, even though I had it for a couple of weeks. I think the local weather may come through the TrafficNav or the Travel Link apps from XM, but I'm not sure. XM’s web site tells me I can get Travel Link, but XM support says I can’t. XM has, bar none the worst customer service I have ever dealt with. I read something on another thread about the weather information coming from the navigation system. Any Techs out there to help us?

----------

I’m going to email you Sir and I will post all the progress you may make, including dates and answers I get from you.

#27 ·
They know that their customer service is reprehensible. That is why they suggest you email them rather than call. I have had 6 cars with XM and never subscribed due to issues with their customer support reps. I think that when the service is working, it is good, but if you have an problem, your sunk.

Too bad. If they fixed customer service (which isn't an overnight process) I might actually purchase something from them.

#30 ·
Well I emailed the XM at sxm_help@siriusxm.com and yes they answered me and took care of the weather problem. I took pictures of my CUE Home page with the weather icon, a picture of the message I got when I hit the weather icon, a picture of my VIN tag and a picture of the SiriusXM pamphlet I got from the Cadillac dealer. In the future forget calling customer service, email them with all the information, they took care of my problem right away.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.