SiriusXM 3month trial package - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, SiriusXM 3month trial package in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by handymantoo When Cadillac calls asking how you like your new XTS tell them the problems with the ...
    CAPT Mike is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS

Re: SiriusXM 3month trial package

Quote Originally Posted by handymantoo View Post
    When Cadillac calls asking how you like your new XTS tell them the problems with the weather app. Have a list handy of all things that need attention. I did not find the dedicated support staff very knowledgeable.
    Nothing has changed in 24 years. 24 years ago, I ordered a brand new Corvette. After I had the car for several months and everything seemed fine, I receive a letter stating that a suspension component of the rear independent suspension was faulty and could break resulting in death to the vehicle's occupants. I quickly called my dealer who had not received the notice yet, but checked while I was on the phone and confirmed the problem. I said to him, :let's set up an appt and get her fixed." The reply was that the parts would not be available from GM for 60-90 days and he recommended that I park the Vette. And was he going to make the payments for the 3 idle months? After he stopped laughing...well you know what he said. So I called the GM Customer Service HQ. They were as knowledgeable as the Cue people from your description-they did not know of the problem; they did not know when it would be resolved;they did not know what GM/Chevy could do for me for the 60-90 day inconvenience; they did wish me to "have a good day." BTW, I continued to drive the Vette and when the part did come, it was found that my car was one of the few "good to go" ones and did not need a new part.

big rich is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS 2010 CTS

they are the worst company i have ever delt with.I happen to like the service . but they must have a bunch of idiots running the company. they even have aspecial name for their customer service what a joke

stlxts is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Still no weather/traffic
    I have exhausted xm's ability to fix problem they say. Asked for local rep. I have left it with my contact person with Cadillac infotainment. She has numbers I had with xm. Hope they can work this out.? Wonder how many really having problems and hire many care.

wrtxts is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac XTS Platinum
    I've had my XTS for 1 1/2 weeks and so far the weather app is working fine.

MAC27000 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS Platinum

My XTS Platinum is 2 days old and the NAV, Weather, and Traffic seems to work very well. However, my ATT Samsung cell phone went to war with the CUE... they will not work together. The dealer had it working 1 time only then NADA.

handymantoo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Premium XTS

Quote Originally Posted by big rich View Post
    they are the worst company i have ever delt with.I happen to like the service . but they must have a bunch of idiots running the company. they even have aspecial name for their customer service what a joke
    I purchased a new XTS and a Equinox during the last 3 months and they now sent me the prices to extend the service. The basic monthly charge for the Equinox is $4.00 more than the XTS. Go figure!!!!!

----------

Quote Originally Posted by stlxts View Post
    Are weather and nav apps any good. I had them for less than a week. I have had my xts for 8 weeks
    Not sure I will renew after 3 months. The weather app info is too broad. I live in RI and I receive a weather alert for freeze warning in NY. Also the closest I can zoom in on the weather radar is an area from the Great Lakes to Cape Cod. Each pixel covers a quarter of the state of RI. NO DETAIL. The traffic report information is often stale and not up to date. I travel to Cape Cod and twice it didn't mention the two mile back up at the canal. I find the info on my smartphone much more accurate and the price is right. For the money SiriusXm charge for these apps the product should be alot better.
    wthomas33 and wthomas33 like this.

If you have the apps, great. For me the aids would be ok just to try. The main problem is the poor service and the lack of structure to troubleshoot and correct the problem when new cars are your bread and butter. The button line-many businesses would go under including mine very quickly but i have competition

SiriusXM is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Hi there -

Sorry for the delay in responding. If you have any question about your radio and the features it offers, feel free to send us an email with your contact info to sxm_help@siriusxm.com and we'll be happy to assist you there.

Thanks,
    SiriusXM Digital Care Team

SiriusXM
    can you do more than the escalation department at XM. I gave up on weather app. Lifes just to short and i want to enjoy the XTS even with its problems

SiriusXM is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Hi there -

We will try our best to help you in any way that we can. Just send us an email to sxm_help@siriusxm.com and we'll look into your issue.

Thanks,
    SiriusXM Digital Care Team

flisco is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

My weather app is no longer working. Called XM many times with no luck. Called CUE Hot line, no luck either. XM tells me that my 2013 XTS is not capable of weather, even though I had it for a couple of weeks. I think the local weather may come through the TrafficNav or the Travel Link apps from XM, but I'm not sure. XM’s web site tells me I can get Travel Link, but XM support says I can’t. XM has, bar none the worst customer service I have ever dealt with. I read something on another thread about the weather information coming from the navigation system. Any Techs out there to help us?

----------

I’m going to email you Sir and I will post all the progress you may make, including dates and answers I get from you.

wthomas33 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX 2013 XTS4 ..had 07 DTS 01 Deville 97 elDo 86 dvll

They know that their customer service is reprehensible. That is why they suggest you email them rather than call. I have had 6 cars with XM and never subscribed due to issues with their customer support reps. I think that when the service is working, it is good, but if you have an problem, your sunk.

Too bad. If they fixed customer service (which isn't an overnight process) I might actually purchase something from them.

V-swagon is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1985 Fleetwood Brougham, 2002 DTS, 2011 CTS-V wagon
    My brother canceled his subscription on 4 vehicles after dealing with the XM customer service for over an hour and getting no where.

CAPT Mike is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS

Unless you drive 15K miles per year or more, the cost of XM service is ridiculous. At 15 per month, you could download 3 albums a month that are yours forever.

flisco is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Well I emailed the XM at sxm_help@siriusxm.com and yes they answered me and took care of the weather problem. I took pictures of my CUE Home page with the weather icon, a picture of the message I got when I hit the weather icon, a picture of my VIN tag and a picture of the SiriusXM pamphlet I got from the Cadillac dealer. In the future forget calling customer service, email them with all the information, they took care of my problem right away.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.