Another XTS article - States the XTS falls well short of being a flagship vehicle - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Another XTS article - States the XTS falls well short of being a flagship vehicle in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; As the above poster pointed out DTS sales were down to next to nothing even with it being a rental ...
    b4z
    b4z is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Standard SrX grey/black

Re: Another XTS article - States the XTS falls well short of being a flagship vehicle

As the above poster pointed out DTS sales were down to next to nothing even with it being a rental car darling. A couple of years ago I was given a DTS for a few days by my dealer then a week later I got a Lucerne. The Lucerne was a much nicer drive than the DTS. I don't know why but it was.

The XTS can be bought for msrp of $45k.it is a good deal, especially when you consider that perforated leather and CUE ate standard.

pjblush is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 2006 DTS Luxury III

Re: Another XTS article - States the XTS falls well short of being a flagship vehicle

I just wanted to share a few thoughts. I saw a review of the XTS in the WSJ a few weeks ago, and it was very, very negative. I think one of the things Cadillac has to overcome is that Caddy's are only driven by "mature" people. We were young when we started driving them. haha I think one of the challenges, also, is distinctive styling. We want a Cadillac not a close cousin to something else. It should be standout styling, comfort, and handling. One more thing, why do people seem to favor rear drive? We happen to drive our DTS all of the the U.S. We have been in a snowstorm in Montana, rains in Florida, heavy, heavy traffic in Texas, and our DTS handles like a dream. It literally has been a lifesaver. Just wondered. I really enjoy reading the Forums.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    You lose control in a FWD car and you're done. Not so in RWD and AWD. Give me those anytime...

-- We miss you, JD (Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

SHOWGIRL is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Awesome 2010 DTS Premium(former CTS '10 owner)

Quote Originally Posted by pjblush View Post
    I just wanted to share a few thoughts. I saw a review of the XTS in the WSJ a few weeks ago, and it was very, very negative. I think one of the things Cadillac has to overcome is that Caddy's are only driven by "mature" people. We were young when we started driving them. haha I think one of the challenges, also, is distinctive styling. We want a Cadillac not a close cousin to something else. It should be standout styling, comfort, and handling. One more thing, why do people seem to favor rear drive? We happen to drive our DTS all of the the U.S. We have been in a snowstorm in Montana, rains in Florida, heavy, heavy traffic in Texas, and our DTS handles like a dream. It literally has been a lifesaver. Just wondered. I really enjoy reading the Forums.
    -----------------------------
    if i'm not wrong i believe your DTS has 18'' wheels + Magnetic Ride Control (self-leveling shocks, etc) so with 'that' combo yours handles with more 'grounding' than a DTS with only 17'' wheels and w/o MRC .... just a thought.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    You lose control in a FWD car and you're done. Not so in RWD and AWD. Give me those anytime...
    -------------------------------------------
    I had heard just the opposite - anyone know the 'real' story ?

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Uh, yeah, me.

TRUTH: FWD cars mostly understeer. You turn and slide and you have to wait for traction to return.

With RWD, if you start to slide, you at least have the chance to get the car back in order with turning the wheel in the direction you want to go and applying the gas.

For me, a RWD car with traction control and good tires is always preferred over FWD.

AWD with good tires is preferred over both in snow...

-- We miss you, JD (Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

Lencarguy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX AWD Premium, Platinum Ice/Ebony

Didn't Cadillac say right from the beginning that the XTS was not their flagship? I think if I hear someone state this in an article again, I'm gonna shit a brick!

RicktheRealtor is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Well i never used the "f " word, but obviously, the XTS is the "big" Caddy. Call it what you will. Until the true flagship comes along in 2015, if at all, people will continue to call it that. And really, what's wrong with that? I don't really care what those marketing boys (girls) said. They never called the Fleetwood a flagship either, but it was. Most of those people designing today's XTS weren't even born when a Cadillac was a Cadillac.

DG2
    DG2 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    I did not see the WSJ article but read many other articles and all were extremely positive. Even consumer reports review on YouTube was very positive.

If you go by price and prestige the Escalade is the flagship of Cadillac.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.