TwinTurbo?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, TwinTurbo? in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Am I the only XTS prospect who is waiting to order, relying on early reports that Cadillac plans to offer ...
    richardbbarger is offline Cadillac Owners Member

TwinTurbo?

Am I the only XTS prospect who is waiting to order, relying on early reports that Cadillac plans to offer a TwinTurbo engine option, possibly on the 2014 models?

I'd love for Cadillac to learn how many of us really, really want that engine's additional power, thrust, and responsiveness.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

kipsts is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013XTS Platinum, prior: 92,95,97,00,02,and 2005 STS

Re: TwinTurbo?

I wish you luck @richardbbarger. Up until a week before the XTS was shown at the LA Auto Show all of the literature described a hybrid gas and plug in option. Then, possibly related or not, there were the Volt fires and suddenly no hybrid option. I very much wanted that option (it would have been ideal for short trips around town) and in fact had contacted GM very early on to get on the list for it. Though I think there is a better chance of the twin turbo arriving in a future XTS than the hybrid, I am not in the slightest disappointed with my XTS and its current (and only) engine configuration. It handles beautifully and has plenty of power. It is a sedan, IMHO, and not a sports car nor intended to be driven as one.

thebigjimsho is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    It seems like test mule CTSs are running around with the TT motor. So if its available for the '14 CTS, I can see it, too, for the XTS...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.