Cadillac Owners Forum banner

XTS Extras

6K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  docjay 
#1 ·
There is a stubby umbrella holder in each front door, and the two front seats have a thigh adjustment to lower the front of the seat like a recliner. Also the chrome trim throughout the interior lights up at night. Very classy.

#3 ·
It is a classy touch and I'll have to check out the XTS at night! I love the LED ambient lighting in my CTS4 and am sure they bumped it up to the next level in the XTS like they did with the seats. (looks like the lighting runs down the side of the center console as well a the dash...and the seats are night and day when compared to the CTS) Does the XTS have the LED footwell lighting in the front and rear as well? I know they removed it on the newer CTSs but my MY has it.

#5 ·
How about the illuminated door handles (exterior) as the "fob" holder approaches the car? Or the ultrasuede headliner in the Platinum editions? Or the puddle lamps that project downwards from the door mirrors? Or the "secret compartment" that will pop-open seemlessly and it is behind the CUE interface--with space for the 'ol shades, wallet and i-phone? Or the ultra-soft, premium grade, leather on the seats that is exclusive to the Platinum editions? These are all some of the "cool" extras!

#7 · (Edited)
I have not noticed the fob relationship with the door handles. Will have to check that out on SilverFox. However I did notice the other night all of the incredible LED soft lighting that is between the leather and the wood on every door, and across the whole dash when you drive at night. I will post some pictures shortly. It is way cool! :cool2:

OK I posted a few night pictures under the "Got an XTS. Post your pictures here" thread. I did not find that the key fob had any relationship with door handles. Perhaps I have not set that option up in the set up. I will explore that later.

#8 ·
kipsts, I have not examined an XTS up-close yet, but I know the XTS Platinum and certain ATS "premium" package models have the door handles that illuminate (more like "glow") as the fob holder walks within a certain range. It is not "standard" on all of them. Incidentally, I saw my first XTS on the road today, in White Diamond "luxury" model with Ebony Leather interior, and it looked great--much better than in photos!

#10 ·
it does do the proximity unlock like the uplevel 2005+ sts models, right?

look for 'lead me to the/my car' or 'take me home' settings

the first minute of the video is basically silent demonstrating the lighting as approaching and entering the car
the designers are interviewed after that initial demo with the demo video replaying in clips as the designers talk

#11 ·
Hi Chris, my fob does lock or unlock, remote start, etc. but all of that requires pressing a button on the fob or touching a button on the door handle (not just touching the door handle). If I don't do one of those there is no 'recognition' of my XTS to the fob. I watched the video and the 'lead me to the/my car' or 'take me home' works when I use the unlock on the fob at night, it does turn on lights and door handle lights, but only if I press the unlock on the fob. Proximity does not come into play. Again, there maybe something I have missed in the set up but I don't find it.

#14 ·
KIPSTS
The lighting of the door handles is covered on pages 6-7 and 6-8 of the owners manual. Looks like they're only activated by the remote or when you open the doors at night. The proximity settings are for the touch screen. It adjusts how close or far you can wave your hand in front of the screen. By the way I hand washed mine yesterday and you're right about the lack of water that enters door jams etc. I always blow dry mine with a leaf blower prior to hand drying it. Even with the blower there was hardly any water that entered the jams.

Cadjiek

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.