Bluetooth and dialing directly from Cell Phone
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Bluetooth and dialing directly from Cell Phone in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; It seems when you dial from your cell phone in the XTS, the call doesn't connect to the cue system ...
    macklobell is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac XTS Platinum

Bluetooth and dialing directly from Cell Phone

It seems when you dial from your cell phone in the XTS, the call doesn't connect to the cue system automatically like it does in the CTS, DTS, Escalade, and SRX. However, on the IPHONE, you have the option to select cadillac cue after you dial the number to have it go directly to the speaker system. My Sony Xperia ARC S just drops the bluetooth connection to the cue system. Cadillac customer service indicates that this feature was added since many people were complaining that they didn't want other people in the car to hear their conversations.....Is there any other phones that have the same functionality as the IPHONE to select a direct connection to the CUE system?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

mikethomas is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    I have a droid RAZR. Have had no connection or calling problems. No dropped calls either.

Re: Bluetooth and dialing directly from Cell Phone

Can you dial directly from the phone and it goes directly to the speaker system in the car?

mikethomas is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Yes I can.

Cadillac Tony is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Many phones have a setting in the Bluetooth menu that lets you choose whether calls default to the handset or Bluetooth headset. Your phone sees the car as a headset, so make sure you have it configured accordingly.
    thebigjimsho and thebigjimsho like this.
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

The views and opinions of this poster are solely his own and do not represent those of Plaza Cadillac

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Phone config is my guess as well...

ogbuehi is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1995 Deville, 2011 DTS
    I hope that's not true. That would be a big flaw in my opinion. I love being able to answer the phone while I'm driving without having to take my eyes off the road. I would just unpair the phone. Or some phones have an in-call option that lets you pick how you want to handle the phone. I know the newest EVO can at least.

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

fwiw, in my Camaro, when I dial from my iphone, it automatically uses bluetooth. If I answer an incoming call using the steering wheel button, it uses bluetooth. If I answer an incoming call by using the screen on my iphone, it defaults to handset. In my Enclave, it defaults to bluetooth no matter what. So that tells me, in my case, the settings for whether or not to use bluetooth is in the car, not the phone.

kipsts is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013XTS Platinum, prior: 92,95,97,00,02,and 2005 STS

I use a Motorola EX128 (dual active phone lines- can receive and send calls on either or both numbers) smart phone. As soon as I get into SilverFox, my XTS, it is synched up via bluetooth and I have no problem making or receiving calls via steering wheel voice command or CUE pad. It has worked flawlessly and reception on both ends is very good.

I think everyone is missing the point here. It works flawless for me too with the voice commands but for example if you do a search on your phone for Joe's diner and click call directly from your phone it doesn't go directly to the car speakers on the cue system. The call stays in the handset. I think the exception is the iPhone. You have the option to click Cadillac cue after dialing directly from the phone.

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

I get your point exactly. If you originate the call directly from your iphone, it uses the handset instead of bluetooth. Based on my experience with iphone 3GS and 4S, dialing directly from the iphone in both my Camaro and Enclave defaults to bluetooth. So I think the problem is in CUE, not the iphone.

codeman71 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I'm sorry that it's not working as you are expecting it to. I was on the design team of CUE and hope to offer a little bit of info that will hopefully help. The functionality is unfortunately very dependent on what the phone wants to do and we are somewhat limit due to that fact. However, it is very easy to transfer a call to handsfree even when you make the call on your phone. If you switch over to the Phone application on the CUE display, there will be a button that says Handsfree. Just tap on that and the call will be switched over. You can also use the steering wheel controls by going to the phone app and selecting Switch to Handsfree. Also on the phone you should be able to switch to handsfree. On my Droid 3 when I place a call there's a Bluetooth button and pressing that will switch it to handsfree.

Let me know if any of those help with getting the call switched over.

Hello @codeman71. I have a question about the CUE's sensitivity. I have noticed that when I first turn on my XTS (Platinum) sometimes neither the hepatic feedback nor touching to enter an address seem to work. Then it will start working intermittently and finally work OK. I live in Las Vegas and thought perhaps that the ambient temperature might have been the reason, before the AC cools everything down. Are you aware of this type of issue? I have done the alignment coordination set up a couple of times but that does not seem to resolve the situation.

codeman71 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Hi @kipsts, I'm not sure what would be causing that and I'm not familiar with that issue. Does this happen when you try to make any selection on the screen, or just for addresses? Sometimes right after starting the system it can be a little slower than normal as it continues to load in the background. How long are you talking that it takes before it starts working normally? Do you have a lot of devices connected to the system where it might be searching and loading lots of information in the background?

Hello @codeman71. Thank you. I have primarily noticed it when trying to enter an address the voice recognition does not get (it seems to have a hard time if the address has a street number followed by "west" before the street name). Normally this is one of the first things I am doing after starting SilverFox if I want NAV to guide me. I will pay closer attention to the specifics and duration. There is typically only one device connect, a phone via bluetooth that connects as soon as the XTS is turned on.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.